Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legalization of Marijuana  (Read 24124 times)

gm112

Re: The Legalization of Marijuana
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2006, 12:21:58 pm »
Marijuana is bad all ways though. No matter how much of it you take you are going to be affected! Marijuana should be illegal if theres no docters note on it's usuage.
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2006, 01:16:24 pm »
Marijuana is bad all ways though. No matter how much of it you take you are going to be affected! Marijuana should be illegal if theres no docters note on it's usuage.

So should be illigalise the other things like cigs and alcohol as they are really very bad for you too, alcohol causes mental issues both are phisicaly adictive, both can cause violence...

In my opinion it shouldent be legalised, but decriminalised, but then it should be made so you need a license to sell it and need to be of age to buy it, or even make it so you can only smoke it in certain areas, which is similar to how smoking cigs works in the UK currently, for example alot of places have banned smoking indoors completely and where there used to be smoking carrages on trains there are now non.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account

gm112

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2006, 01:20:47 pm »
yeah exactly. All of those bad stuff should be illegalised.
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2006, 02:11:11 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
So should be illigalise the other things like cigs and alcohol as they are really very bad for you too, alcohol causes mental issues both are phisicaly adictive, both can cause violence...
It's not feasable, or else we would. ::)
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2006, 06:48:01 pm »

Well exactly... so the idea is if we cant beat them, join them, yet its impossible to stop people illigaly selling and using marijuana, so it seems the same situation in many ways, so why not just allow it, then at least some control over it is in action...

• My DevArt Account

Pyru

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2006, 07:55:23 pm »

Well exactly... so the idea is if we cant beat them, join them, yet its impossible to stop people illigaly selling and using marijuana, so it seems the same situation in many ways, so why not just allow it, then at least some control over it is in action...

Uhm. No. See, cannabis is a single, very specific plant, that needs relatively specific conditions in which to grow. Alcohol, on the other hand, can be made by any one of a number of yeasts, whose spores can be airborne. The conditions these yeasts need are very general and very difficult to track. A lot of people make alcohol by accident, but you can't make cannabis by accident.

And illegal, uncontrolled cannabis will still find a way.
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2006, 07:59:34 pm »

Uhm. No. See, cannabis is a single, very specific plant, that needs relatively specific conditions in which to grow. Alcohol, on the other hand, can be made by any one of a number of yeasts, whose spores can be airborne. The conditions these yeasts need are very general and very difficult to track. A lot of people make alcohol by accident, but you can't make cannabis by accident.

You mean like how tobacco is a "single, very specific plant, that needs relatively specific conditions in which to grow."

• My DevArt Account

Pyru

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2006, 09:15:09 pm »

You mean like how tobacco is a "single, very specific plant, that needs relatively specific conditions in which to grow."

Yep. But tobacco a) isn't grown in people's houses often and b) should be illegal.

officespace16

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2006, 09:38:06 pm »

making it illegal would make it wanted more by a lot of people just for being illegal

and the reason marijuana is so abundant here is partly b/c of vietnam
they did drugs there constantly and got it cheap so they became addicts
and then they brought it back

Pyru

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2006, 10:33:53 am »

making it illegal would make it wanted more by a lot of people just for being illegal

I think, unfortunately, that is true; people will still want to do cannabis simply because it's illegal. But, there's nothing to say that they would not do cannabis if it was legal, and it's likely that even more people would smoke cannabis if it were legal.

and the reason marijuana is so abundant here is partly b/c of vietnam
they did drugs there constantly and got it cheap so they became addicts
and then they brought it back

Cannabis isn't addictive. Not chemically, anyway. And your explaination fails to account for the high rate of cannabis use in the rest of the Western world.
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2006, 11:38:39 am »

Yep. But tobacco a) isn't grown in people's houses often and b) should be illegal.

Well tobacco can as easily accidental occur as marijuana, it has been found in the wild of england before, and no I don't mean hemp, active plants, they spread fast and easily, usually in hot summers.

I think, unfortunately, that is true; people will still want to do cannabis simply because it's illegal. But, there's nothing to say that they would not do cannabis if it was legal, and it's likely that even more people would smoke cannabis if it were legal.

I think it would make less people smoke, as just with cigarettes today, so many health warnings on packets and such that it would scare people, right now buying of your local 'dealer' its not like he will tell you what possible bad stuff can happen from smoking it. A lot of people do smoke it just because its illigal.. people like doing bad things, rebelling, especially when teenage.

Making it legal would also make it easier to monitor, would stop a lot of the black market selling it and therefore stop funding them for other crimes.

• My DevArt Account
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2006, 01:07:41 am »
I'm for legalizing it in Canada, I don't see what's so bad about it... 0_O
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2006, 04:55:17 am »
marijuana should be legal,  but  be used under certain conditions which? dunno ;P
also smoking and alcohol pwns >.< i have tried both and liked <.< mostly alcohol smoking is good but not the best for health.
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2006, 04:57:51 am »
certain conditions? Well, you can have a pooload and be screwed out of your mind, or you can take a little and hold it in, and be able to control yourself... sorta.
All mary jane has in it is tar, and it doesnt effect your health a lot.. if any of you know what the beep test is in high school? I got 11.. the highest in my class.

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2006, 12:37:52 pm »
I'd like to hear about this... beep test

So I stop thinking it's something horrible.

Nothing to really add at this point, I still stand the same at my point of being for it being at least decriminalized.
  • cpprograms
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2006, 12:59:19 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
I don't think it should be legalized, because it would encourage more people to smoke marijuana. Although it doesn't do much damage to the health, it still isn't healhty! And i know some people smoke it because theyre rebelling, but if marijuana gets legalized, they'll just move to stronger drugs, because marijuana isn't enough to them anymore! So, i'm definetely against it getting legalized!

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2006, 08:50:54 pm »
I'd like to hear about this... beep test

So I stop thinking it's something horrible.

Nothing to really add at this point, I still stand the same at my point of being for it being at least decriminalized.
OK, beep test is where you go from one end of the gym and wait for the beep, then you go all the way back to the other side, and try to make it before the beep goes off, it goes up by stages... each stage is 4/5, there and back 4/5 times... it goes up by half rounds, so 4/5 times there and back, goes to 0.5, another 4/5 times, goes to 1... you get the picture?
As the levels increase, the beep goes faster, and by 7 you have to start running pretty hard, its like an endurance, physical and mental test... Usually most athletic people drop out around 7-9... and I made it to 11.
Hows that for a guy like me :P
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 08:55:15 pm by Drew200 »

Pyru

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2006, 08:55:50 pm »
Hows that for a guy like me :P

It depends on how exactly they were running the test... how long the beeps where, how long they made you run, etc.

As for your health (in regards to smoking...) smoking's not the only part... it depends on what else you do as well, as well as how much you smoke...

certain conditions? Well, you can have a pooload and be screwed out of your mind, or you can take a little and hold it in, and be able to control yourself... sorta.
All mary jane has in it is tar, and it doesnt effect your health a lot.. if any of you know what the beep test is in high school? I got 11.. the highest in my class.

More than tar. Thousands of chemicals that are either poisonous or carcinogenic or both. As for the effects on a person... it depends on the person, how much they have... but it can cause schizophrenia, and effects similar (if not worse) than alcohol.
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2006, 08:58:24 pm »
Can cause what?
And just to let you know, WHO has died from Mary Jane?
Yeah, its possible to not get enough oxygen in your brain, or something like that, but thats only if you hotbox a god damn car every day o_o

Pyru

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2006, 09:04:05 pm »
Cancer? Lossa cancer caused by it. Suicide/accidental death...

Besides, it's illegal, heavily cracked down upon. Meaning.... not many people use it, or are exposed to it... therefore, of the total population, not many people die from it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 77 queries.

anything