Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: GTAIV is the best game since tLoZ:OoT  (Read 6829 times)

Re: GTAIV is the best game since tLoZ:OoT
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 02:22:31 pm »
OMFG 10/10. I can't wait. Video review made me want it more.
the a o d c
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 02:28:13 pm »
  • 笑い男
bit to early to compare a game that's barely out (?) to one thats been played quite a lot through the ages imo :P
still im not complaining lol, sounds good to me :D

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 02:39:07 pm »
I'm angry...!
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 02:41:49 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Next you'll claim Goldeneye wasn't ground breaking and awesome <_<

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 03:22:56 pm »
they were probably paid well to say just that
rockstar have a pretty big bag of loot right now, and has been remaking the same damn game with the same damn recipe for many years now
10/10? thats a big laugh if anything
IGNorant indeed, some of their reviews just seem orchestrated

Same damn game with the same damn recipe? Sounds like some other games I know.. *cough Zelda and Mario cough*
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 04:06:16 pm »
Just for the record, guess how many games IGN has given 10/10 ratings in the last seven years. Only three games have gotten that score:

-GTAIV, (perfect score for both the 360 and PS3) - April 25, 2008
    -OoT, (Virtual Console) - February 26, 2007
    -Tornado Mania, (cellphone game) - Dec 8, 2006

Before Tornado Mania the last perfect score given out was to Dragon Warrior III for the GBC in 2001.  There were no perfect scores on the Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, PSP, DS, or even on the GBA. I agree with those of you that said that IGN tends to rate game either too low or too high, however it would be EXTREMELY foolish to simply overlook or ignore a perfect score. They just never happen.

Those of you that say that all the GTA games are too similar or follow the same recipe seriously need to rethink that argument considering that the same thing could be, (and often is), said about all of Nintendo's main franchises. To adamantly defend one series over a common criticism only to make those same claims against another is highly hypocritical. Yes, they are similar to each other in the same way that all franchise games are by their very nature, (obviously sequels are expected to be similar to their predecessors). It's fine if GTA is just not the type of game you enjoy, but don't make those sort of arguments if you're the type that blindly refutes similar claims if it is a series that you happen to enjoy.

Anyway, getting back on topic...  I'm pretty excited to play this.  I've enjoyed all the other GTA games I've played, (though I typically skip the missions and just cause mayhem... I've never had the opportunity to actually own a GTA game up until this one).  It sounds like the story is fantastic and that the level of immersion caused by it is outstanding.  I'm glad I pre-ordered this.

Limey, are you planning on getting this for the 360 or the PS3?  I'm assuming you'll probably pick it up for the 360, though it'd be cool if you get it for the PS3 so that I can have more than one person I know to play multiplayer with.

EDIT:
I love how threads just magically stop after I make posts like these.  The only time they seem to keep going is if the post is ignored outright, lol.  :P
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 05:58:28 pm by Domo »
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 07:49:11 pm »
IGN gives any game a 10 if a developer is just willing enough to bring a big bag of money to IGN HQ...
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 08:06:52 pm »
IGN gives any game a 10 if a developer is just willing enough to bring a big bag of money to IGN HQ...
Just for the record, guess how many games IGN has given 10/10 ratings in the last seven years. Only three games have gotten that score:

-GTAIV, (perfect score for both the 360 and PS3) - April 25, 2008
    -OoT, (Virtual Console) - February 26, 2007
    -Tornado Mania, (cellphone game) - Dec 8, 2006

Before Tornado Mania the last perfect score given out was to Dragon Warrior III for the GBC in 2001.  There were no perfect scores on the Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, PSP, DS, or even on the GBA. I agree with those of you that said that IGN tends to rate game either too low or too high, however it would be EXTREMELY foolish to simply overlook or ignore a perfect score. They just never happen.

So you're saying that Nintendo paid them off?  Nintendo does have quite a bit of money I suppose, (I'm not actually implying that Nintendo paid them off, I'm only saying this in jest)...

Rockstar on the other hand does NOT have that much money, surprisingly enough.  They're releasing GTAIV much earlier than they had originally intended because they need the money after how much they spent on the research and development of the game.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2008, 08:08:18 pm »
yea i know youre right, cant i just please keep my biased opinion :P zelda is just so much better than that carjacking game
for once though, they seemingly have raised their standards.. apparently theres a story, a character and dialogue this time :)

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2008, 08:13:56 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
yea i know youre right, cant i just please keep my biased opinion :P zelda is just so much better than that carjacking game
for once though, they seemingly have raised their standards.. apparently theres a story, a character and dialogue this time :)

There always has been a story, character, and dialougue in GTA. Only in GTA3 the main character didn't talk and the story wasn't very deep. Vice City and San Andreas were better in those departments.

noseblunt3

Woodman is awesome
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2008, 08:15:30 pm »
zelda is just so much better than that carjacking game
Just because beef is your favorite meal, it doesn't mean you can't eat chicken once in a while.
Rome wasn't built in a day, but they didn't waste time by sitting around doing nothing either!
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2008, 08:15:38 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

There has been since number 3.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 08:17:54 pm »

There always has been a story, character, and dialougue in GTA. Only in GTA3 the main character didn't talk and the story wasn't very deep. Vice City and San Andreas were better in those departments.

last time i checked, same thing. not even worth playing. not good enough is the same as not good enough

• SSEdit
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2008, 08:23:27 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

last time i checked, same thing. not even worth playing. not good enough is the same as not good enough

Same thing? Are you serious?

Vice City and San Andreas had two completely different storylines.

Vice City was basically, take over and show everyone Tommy has returned.

San Andreas was all about finding out who killed your mom, and when you found out, getting revenge on those who did, and those who have !@#$% you over.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2008, 08:32:29 pm »
well, seeing as they got 10/10 this time, the story has gotten alot better
i remember reading (not long ago) how movies and games have unjustifiably simple storylines etc. and that they arent doing any justice to people
because apparently the people watching tv series, and game players are much more intelligent and craving than any in the business knew...
the general opinion of the ones behind entertainment had been that if they kept things simple and straightforward everyone could "enjoy" it.. preposterous
bottom line is they must have learned something, whichever way it came (stated during video review) - its good to know.. maybe ill pick it up and see when its out

• SSEdit

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2008, 08:33:03 pm »
I think it looks far better (not really far) but a lot better then the other GTA games. The graphics are better, the multiplayer with 16 people looks sick too. Although I don't have a 360 I can't buy it, so I'll get to see what it's like at my friends house when he gets it. So there's a possibility of my renting it when i get a 360.

The people look better and they don't have blocked and odd-shaped heads. One thing I was looking for with the people was that when they talked, it looks more real. Yeah it is a video game, but there are games with mouths that move more real. It's not a big deal though. :P

It still is a GTA game, and most likely in the end will have cheats that you blow up stuff and get different weapons etc., if you don't have live, then it will probably be like that, like the other ones. Looks like a fantastic game though. I think OOT will still be numero uno.
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2008, 08:41:02 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Yeah, this is a completely different genre than Zelda...and actually, I still find Ocarina of Time FUN to play, even now. Sure the graphics are outdated, and the gameplay is limiting in some parts, and the story isn't THAT deep, it is still an awesome game.

I'm sure this game will be great, but it is still grand theft auto, so it's just going to boil down to running over hookers and stuff, which is pathetic for a video game. I like video games with an epic feel, that put me in a story where I feel like a hero, and not an idiot that kills people...but I'm sure it will be fun to play.  :-\
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2008, 08:54:10 pm »
You can't really directly compare GTA to Zelda. Because you could be saying, Zelda sucks because it has a !@#$% boy in tights with a sword running around saving a princess, and GTA is amazing because you blow up stuff and drive different vehicles and kill people. That just means you flat out don't like it. You could also say something like, Zelda is so much better because it's a game where it takes skill and smarts and you need to find out things yourself, where as GTA is a stupid pointless game where nothing matters and creates bad violence for people. The second statement could be more reasonable because Zelda games are no where near as violent, but realistically, you would compare them by playing both series and then say which game is better.
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2008, 09:01:11 pm »
Based on the screen shots and videos, this game has improved a lot.  But I don't really see much new content, so I wouldn't call it "revolutionary."  Based on looks, I would not have rated it 10/10, but I will definitely purchase it so that I can form a valid opinion of my own about it.
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 01:13:02 am »
Call me crazy, but GTA Vice City was much more enjoyable than GTA SA for me...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 75 queries.

anything