Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wow... CIA to release documents of decades of abuses and criminal acts by agency  (Read 457 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Wow... CIA to release documents of decades of ab...
« on: June 26, 2007, 11:31:07 pm »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19360920/

The CIA will declassify hundreds of pages of long-secret records detailing some of the intelligence agency's worst illegal abuses -- the so-called "family jewels" documenting a quarter-century of overseas assassination attempts, domestic spying, kidnapping and infiltration of leftist groups from the 1950s to the 1970s, CIA Director Michael V. Hayden said yesterday.

The documents, to be publicly released next week, also include accounts of break-ins and theft, the agency's opening of private mail to and from China and the Soviet Union, wiretaps and surveillance of journalists, and a series of "unwitting" tests on U.S. civilians, including the use of drugs.

"Most of it is unflattering, but it is CIA's history," Hayden said in a speech to a conference of foreign policy historians. The documents have been sought for decades by historians, journalists and conspiracy theorists and have been the subject of many fruitless Freedom of Information Act requests.

DevoutFolloweroftheWeasel just busted a nut all over his computer screen.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that these documents are going to be pure black pages.
Re: Wow... CIA to release documents of decades o...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 01:07:28 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Sounds like it's gonna be a fun week...

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Re: Wow... CIA to release documents of decades o...
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 04:50:57 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
I really wonder if there is anything about the murder on JFK in the files... I'm not really sure the CIA was particularly innocent in the whole affair.

Still, good call for releasing it.. this is democracy.
My name is Pitt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 41 queries.

anything