Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Zelda Online  (Read 5307 times)

Re: [WIP] Zelda Online
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 05:17:42 am »
  • Minalien
Yo Noone, wassup. As I've told you before countless times, this game is looking to be supremely impressive. I can't wait. Just for anyone who's curious, I'm a beta tester for the game; and I've known Noone for quite some time. We're good friends. I joined cuz I wanted to support him, and I have a project I'm about to unveil in about a month or so.

Well, I sincerely doubt that, with the... quality... of this project,
... what? You haven't even played the game yet, you can't judge what it's like just by a bunch of screen shots. The game runs really nice for an online game, and specifically an online game made with GM (Coming from the mouth ... er, fingers, or whatever, of a person who beta tested the engine.)

Just wait until he releases the demo, then rant about the quality of the project.
I can, however, make judgments based on a combination of the aforementioned screenshots and discussions with the developer of the project by drawing conclusions of not only the overall intellect of said developer, but also experience with game development, networking algorithms, and how he plans on implementing trivial tasks such as load management on the server, system and account security, and other very important issues that are required in anything that wants to have even a remote chance of accomplishing efficient, balanced, and fun online gameplay.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Noone

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 05:23:26 am »
I can, however, make judgments based on a combination of the aforementioned screenshots and discussions with the developer of the project by drawing conclusions of not only the overall intellect of said developer, but also experience with game development, networking algorithms, and how he plans on implementing trivial tasks such as load management on the server, system and account security, and other very important issues that are required in anything that wants to have even a remote chance of accomplishing efficient, balanced, and fun online gameplay.
Fine, hate the game as you wish. I'm sure many people would like it how it is. It doesn't need to be WoW or Halo to be fun.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 05:46:53 am »
Noone- GOOD FOR YOU!!! Best to just ignore the haters :D I like it :D
  • Phoenix Heart

Razz

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 05:48:25 am »
As long as a game is fun, it's good. That is my main goal whenever I develop a game, and it should be the same for everybody.

I can, however, make judgments based on a combination of the aforementioned screenshots and discussions with the developer of the project by drawing conclusions of not only the overall intellect of said developer, but also experience with game development, networking algorithms, and how he plans on implementing trivial tasks such as load management on the server, system and account security, and other very important issues that are required in anything that wants to have even a remote chance of accomplishing efficient, balanced, and fun online gameplay
I hate to say this, and I know I'll get shot down cuz I'm new here and everything, but you're sounding like a total jerk right about now. Cool down and sip some iced tea or something.

Also, yes, ignoring the h8ers is a good idea. Let's just ignore it next time.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 05:50:37 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Nah, Min can be a jerk at times. But that's because he believes the best way for someone to learn is to not hold anything back. So he's blunt. Very very blunt.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Noone

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 05:52:54 am »
Nah, Min can be a jerk at times. But that's because he believes the best way for someone to learn is to not hold anything back. So he's blunt. Very very blunt.
Yes, I've learned a lot of things about him... ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:57:31 am by Noone »

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 05:55:26 am »
Him. Min is a guy. Not a chick. Despite the avvy. But don't mind him, he's only trying to help you.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 05:57:37 am »
  • Minalien
I can, however, make judgments based on a combination of the aforementioned screenshots and discussions with the developer of the project by drawing conclusions of not only the overall intellect of said developer, but also experience with game development, networking algorithms, and how he plans on implementing trivial tasks such as load management on the server, system and account security, and other very important issues that are required in anything that wants to have even a remote chance of accomplishing efficient, balanced, and fun online gameplay
I hate to say this, and I know I'll get shot down cuz I'm new here and everything, but you're sounding like a total jerk right about now. Cool down and sip some iced tea or something.
Your point being? Why should I care if people think that I'm a jerk, or an !@#$%? Game development, particularly the programming aspects of it, is a form of art that I have worked over the past seven years to improve upon. If I were soft and tiptoeing through the tulips with him, if I were to just let him go on thinking "My game is going to be brilliant, without flaws, and it's going to be incredibly easy for me to develop," then he wouldn't have that extra drive to prove people like myself that he does have the skill and willpower to work through the project.

And that's without mentioning not only the high rate of zelda fan game projects, as well as online projects by fans, that is present on not only this community, but on others, as well. That goes without mentioning the fact that it isn't uncommon for any independent game project, which is, essentially, what this equates to, get canceled because of a lack of interest, a lack of knowledge and skill, and most importantly, a lack of experience in the various required fields of game development.

Him. Min is a guy. Not a chick. Despite the avvy. But don't mind him, he's only trying to help you.
Gender isn't important enough to worry about correcting. And no, I'm not "only trying to help." I'm showing the reality of the situation, and what risks he is taking by attempting to develop an online RPG with very little network programming experience.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 06:00:00 am »
I interpret that as helping, sorry if those aren't the words you would choose.But showing him the reality, you're helping him realize the dangers and risks.

• Mirby Studios

Noone

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 06:06:51 am »
If I were soft and tiptoeing through the tulips with him, if I were to just let him go on thinking "My game is going to be brilliant, without flaws, and it's going to be incredibly easy for me to develop," then he wouldn't have that extra drive to prove people like myself that he does have the skill and willpower to work through the project.
I'd say otherwise. If I believed that this is impossible for me, or a glitch every corner, I think I'd have a hole less willpower. Yes there will be bugs. But they get fixed! No it will not be incredibly easy. It will take work. It wouldn't be easy for you, either. Or anybody.

Please, I don't need all "you can't possibly ever in your lifetime ever forever do this". If I'm blind to the truth, so be it.

Ah and Meta. What can I really loose? Why is this dangerous?

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 06:21:48 am »
Ask Min. That post was more targeted at him anyways.

• Mirby Studios

Ace

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 02:20:46 pm »
Like others said, this indeed, does look amazing.

Can't wait to give it a try.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 59 queries.

anything