Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a group of creating people, with any skill at all  (Read 2607 times)

Looking for a group of creating people, with any...
« on: November 17, 2009, 12:59:21 pm »
Let me first briefly explain what I am looking for here. I am looking for a group of people who can all get to know each other, of any age, and that have a particular skill. This means if you are a programmer in game-maker, rpg-maker, mmf, purebasic, C#, C++, Assembly or any other language. It also means if you are a graphic creator, sprites, vectors, or anything alike. You could be good at audio design, or mixing music, perhaps your particular skill comes in design itself, but not creation. You could be great at leading teams or bringing people together, all are welcome here.

Now let me explain why I want to find people like this. For the last few years I haven't really produced anything too great, I've thought about what I want to do, but never really done it. Before this (when I was around other creative people) I was able to produce graphics, programs an I was actually proud of myself for achieving it. I have finally worked out what the key to my creativity is, and that is other people who are also creative. After looking around, I realise that other people need the same thing.

This post is not for the creation of a specific project, it is not for the creation of any specific graphic or web page. I want to meet some new people, and I want to get to know them, and let them do the same. Hopefully when we have done that, we can start brainstorming ideas, and with our combined skill set produce something actually worth while. Over the years I have seen a great many projects began and failed here, but there was a time when they were simply being created. Like it or not for some of you, this was when TRM was around. It wasn't that he was a great coder or person or anything like that, it was that he was creating something amazing, even if he didn't finish it. Seeing other creativity gave use something to aspire to and made us all work hard.

Post here with who you are, a little bit about yourself and what you think your skills are. Hopefully we can bring all our skills together and create at least a little inspiration, as well as a few new friends.
  • Elliott Parkinson
Re: Looking for a group of creating people, with...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 02:37:38 pm »
  • :3
I'm Daniel and I Draw :P most people think I'm pretty good at it....(not the best), I'm the dude with the 100 styles :p
also I'm a pretty skilled(again not the best) vector artist and spriter. AND I always have tons of ideas. My music skills are almost on the bottom of my list plus I only do webcoding (can't code !@#$%).
meh site www.daniel-kun.com
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 11:08:08 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
Hey, i'm Josh. I have current experience in GML. My perfered game type to code are games like Zelda, or top down shooters.

I am 18 years old and have just finished my last year at High School. I will be learning new programming languages next year as I take a step toward my career goals. I'm currently working on OoT2D with Xfixium, Ethelon, Tompel, and Mam, but I have lots of spare time since it's summer break. My hotmail is joshsagar (AT) hotmail (DOT) com if you wanna add.

Ah yeah.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:40:15 pm by Cypras »

Screamsicko

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 12:22:52 am »
My name is Erik, i do spriting(i dont have mad skillz but i have some expierience with it) video editing(same here work in Adobe after effects and premier pro), vector(illustrator im a pretty good tracer) and music mixing (have acess to a studio + cubase), soon going to study game design, i have some HTML skills too (no php or MysQL) and i love working in group.

im btw 18 yrs old and from sweden.

EDIT: ow i also know very very basic 3D modeling and skinning
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 12:34:55 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Im a pretty good ideas guy, for both storylines and features. For example: making a zelda style game? I can help construct a world for the game set in, characters (apart from names, names are my weak spot), dungeons, NPCs, side stories etc.

but thats about my only skill.
I'm an okay writer too I suppose, actual text and stuff.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 12:02:55 pm »
My name is Erik, i do spriting(i dont have mad skillz but i have some expierience with it) video editing(same here work in Adobe after effects and premier pro), vector(illustrator im a pretty good tracer) and music mixing (have acess to a studio + cubase), soon going to study game design, i have some HTML skills too (no php or MysQL) and i love working in group.

im btw 18 yrs old and from sweden.

EDIT: ow i also know very very basic 3D modeling and skinning

I have added everyone else to msn so we can begin to talk, if you could also pm me your msn (assuming you have it), we can get to talk a little more.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 01:15:41 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
My name is Micah. I'm 21 and I'm going to be 22 in a couple of months.

I've been using GM ever since GM1. Since then, my programming skills have gotten to be pretty good, but not god-like or anything. I'm basically one of those guys that can do everything okay to good but very few things great. This is probably because I often make games completely from scratch as I do not like using anyone else's work (e.g. those crappy resources that come with GM XD). I always see where my games need improvement and I work at improving my skills in those areas.

My best points:
I'm a heavy thinker and a well-organized planner. I'm also good in the area of music and I'm learning more and more about graphic design. Speaking of graphics design, you can look in my siggy and see my custom Link. I kinda scrapped that for the moment (it's been ver 0.8 for a long time!) because I'm hard at work on new graphics for my very own Zelda game (once again, getting a brief and vague mentioning).

Bad points:
Outside of GML my coding knowledge is crap. I can't do shucks with HTML (learned a little, but forgot most of it). I'm super busy and I don't have much time to help out with anyone's projects. The only real free time I get is during summer break (from college). :'(

I'm hardly ever one to ask for help on my own projects because I like to do things myself, but I'm always looking for ways to help out on another person's project if I can.

EDIT:
Oh, I don't have an msn though... well, I NEVER use it anyway.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:21:52 pm by FrozenFire »
  • My Music
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 10:18:51 am »
  • Minalien
My name is Ken, and I am an alcoholic. Err, wait, wrong subject D:

Jello there, Sexy. You didn't forget about me, did you? :3

Min's still the programming god/goddess/hybrid thingy that he/she/it/we/they always was. :3

Getting back to the states after a seven-month deployment to Afghanistan by the end of the week :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 10:22:06 am by MiNalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 51 queries.

anything