Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OOT LTTP Style Kakariko Graveyard, Zoras Fountain, and Death Mountain Trail  (Read 5216 times)

OOT LTTP Style Kakariko Graveyard, Zoras Fountai...
« on: February 11, 2010, 10:54:12 pm »
Well some of you know that I was bored recently and also some of you may know that half term is coming up. Well I decided not to do anything with my half term because I seem to have spent my term time focused on my project of converting the OOT maps into 2D.

First up is my map of Kakariko graveyard:

Second up is Zoras Fountain:

Now with this one I wasnt aiming for the perfect layout, because it doesnt look right if you do that in LTTP style, but just to leave room for the gossip stone, Jabu Jabu, and the Ice sheets when you are an adult. I think I pulled that off rather well.

Third up is Death Mountain Trail:

I wanted several things when making this area. Firstly I needed to find a way for the entrance to the bomb flower area to be translated into 2D, which I have moved to the left. Secondly I wanted it all to line up and fit with the rest of my map (as I have with the rest, for example the cliffs all line up the whole way through). I think I achieved both.

Constructive criticisms here would be much appreciated. Anyone who wishes to use these, please feel free, though they represent HOURS of my time, and I would very much like credit for their creation.
  • Elliott Parkinson

Mirby

Drifter
Re: OOT LTTP Style Kakariko Graveyard, Zoras Fou...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 11:17:37 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Those are frickin' awesome!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:51:44 pm »
Those look excellent. What I like about them is that they're very interesting to look at. Definitely not linear and plain, which is my gripe with most room layouts. It's a strong possibility that they make it into our oot2d project. With credit given of course.
  • Pyxosoft

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 12:16:10 am »
I agree, they're awesome.

For the death mountain trail, maybe there could be more space leading up to the goron village, so there's room for the whole rolling of gorons. I remember it to be like a pretty big open space to climb.

If we use this in our game, you'll be partially taking my job haha, but I'm sure they'll need small edits + some custom tiles =P.

Nice work.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 09:11:23 am »
First up, those maps looks fricking awesome. Now for some crits:

1) Zora's fountain. I thought there was another cave at the top up near the tree. Or it could be that my memory is failing. But I thought that Zora's fountain had one cave to the back and one cave to the side.

2) Death Mountain Trail, has a few clearly visible bombable walls allong the trail, with small enclaves with chests. And those stairs at the top do not look really LttP style, because in LttP a stair does not end midway the mountain and you have to jump of to the right.

Well, those are my crits. Keep up the good work.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 06:34:25 am »
  • Flash Software Studios
What can i say majora,

your maps certainly havent lost their charm. :)

flash

• http://www.myspace.com/kristruman
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 09:41:20 pm »
good job Majora! Hey like before can i put those on my upcoming sprite website? And i have a question about the death mountain trail .How does the bombing of big stones work? cause later on as a adult you can pick them up so do you bomb the light grey = to the brown on OoT and pick up the darkgrey like ones = the silver ones in OoT?
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 07:50:59 am »
good job Majora! Hey like before can i put those on my upcoming sprite website? And i have a question about the death mountain trail .How does the bombing of big stones work? cause later on as a adult you can pick them up so do you bomb the light grey = to the brown on OoT and pick up the darkgrey like ones = the silver ones in OoT?

Thats how I had imagined it yes. Feel free to use them on your website, feel free to use all of my sprites there,. I would appreciate it if you pmmed me with a link to the site when you have done it though.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 06:00:30 pm »
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 01:44:19 am »
AWESOME work! The few nit-picks i have are the same as the other people here, but these are my main crits:

1) one of the stairs should not be placed where it is in the mountain area(you shouldnt exit left or right from them)
2) im not a fan of those fence/stump sprites you are using in the graveyard and mountain area.
i suggest using the original ALTTP fences as they are fine as they are or recolour the ones you are using now to be the same colour as the ALTTP fence.

other than that though, theyre awesome!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 01:57:40 am »
The problem with the fences is the light source appears to be coming from underneath. All you'd have to do to fix them would use the lighter shade above the darker shade, which would give more depth.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 06:40:26 pm »
Nice work. Stuff like this is always good eye-candy.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 02:40:41 am »
Here, I made a quick edit of the fence you are using to look more like the one in ALTTP:

And also an edit of the grave stones:

GRAVE 1

GRAVE 2

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:56:47 am by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 02:47:45 pm »
maybe next you could do hyrule castle (the front area of it) or somewhere in the desert
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 62 queries.