Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Hyrule Town Interiors  (Read 62061 times)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Hyrule Town Interiors
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 12:42:01 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
1. Possible names for the tavern: Tokay Tavern?
(I dunno; I literally went to zeldawiki.org and hit the Random Page link, and Tokays popped up.)

2. LOL the grocery is selling Octorok. I wonder how they taste...
BTW, why not Cuccos? :P
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2015, 12:50:17 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
(I dunno; I literally went to zeldawiki.org and hit the Random Page link, and Tokays popped up.)

Because you can't kill one without the rest of the population killing you.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 12:53:08 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Ahhh, the Octorocs are a hilarious touch!  I love it xD

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 12:54:07 pm »
  • Just call me Brad

Because you can't kill one without the rest of the population killing you.

Hmm, or maybe you can...

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 02:34:44 pm »
  • Idk
The Grocery Shop is a good start, but I have some things that might give it more life, hang on!
Apartments 3.0
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2015, 02:50:01 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
The Grocery Shop is a good start, but I have some things that might give it more life, hang on!

I´m trying to hang on!! But the edge is too slippery, Im going to faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ANYWAY, here are the apartments again, but with the carpets changed, and added some bowls for the cats.
UPDATE
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2015, 04:54:19 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
THIS IS HERE SO I CAN SEE WHATS BEEN DONE SO FAR:
DONE - 16
NEEDS IMPROVING - 0
NOT DONE (KNOWN) - 5
NOT DONE (UNKNOWN) - 5

---Hyrule Slums:
Thieves' Hideout
Tavern
Cobbler/Tailor Shop
Ingo's Pawn Shop
Sebastian McHeadflippy and his Mother
?
?

---Old Town Market:
Potion Shop
Fortune Teller's Shop
Old Town Cafe
Hyrule Postage and Trading Co.
Ingo's Emporium
Bookstore
Angelo the Sculptor's Studio
Shooting Gallery/Ammo Shop
The Cleaner's House
?

---Hyrule Terrace:
Eugene's Apartment
Bernice the Cat Lady's Apartment
Forsithia´s Apartment
Terrace Tingle´s Bistro
Kale's Grocery
Demi and Fructo's Candy Manor
Nigel's Antiques
?
? (only has a roof entrance)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:12:03 pm by Spritonic »
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2015, 05:14:51 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Cool, lotsa stuff happened while I was asleep!

So, potion shop looks great! Let's try and get more of the businesses to that level of awesomeness and detail, otherwise it'll be too good and stick out! Haha. So dude, can somebody explain optimizing to me, I'm not sure exactly what that is.

Alright, so Kale's grocery, it's a great start. I do wanna say, Spritonic, dude, mix up your floors some, haha. You've started like everything with these blue brick floors. As for the rest, looks pretty good. Those octorocks are from King Mob's game, right? About the bins, it looks difficult to walk around in there, maybe we could push the top bins a tile closer to the wall so they overlap the wall and there's more room to walk? Anyway, Sinkin, I'm excited to see what you've got up your sleeve for this. I'm hoping for more weird Zelda foods. It's coming together great.

So the apartments, let's not jump the gun and say the one of the far left is done, haha, we still just don't know what's going inside. We're going to have to change it once an NPC to live there gets accepted. Another note, I think we're going to have it so one of the apartments has an attic you can access, which has a door that leads onto the roof (behind one of the parts that sticks up), so we'll need to figure out who that is, probably either the cat lady or whoever moves in next to her, and get that done too. As for the cat lady's apartment, can she have a chair upstairs that looks out a window. I think they all need windows, actually. They pay a lot for these apartments, they should get some windows!

Also, the Tavern. Tokay Tavern sounds good to me! 20 points to Miles for alliteration! Anyway, I didn't get why the top barrel was hanging out over the other two, so I pushed it back. I also didn't know why ALL the bottles were empty! Somebody has a drinking problem. So I did some different bottles, what do you guys think? They could also still be a little better.
Oh, also I changed the floor because for one thing, where the hell does somebody even GET blue bricks? lol.
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2015, 05:25:59 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Cool, lotsa stuff happened while I was asleep!

So, potion shop looks great! Let's try and get more of the businesses to that level of awesomeness and detail, otherwise it'll be too good and stick out! Haha. So dude, can somebody explain optimizing to me, I'm not sure exactly what that is.

Alright, so Kale's grocery, it's a great start. I do wanna say, Spritonic, dude, mix up your floors some, haha. You've started like everything with these blue brick floors. As for the rest, looks pretty good. Those octorocks are from King Mob's game, right? About the bins, it looks difficult to walk around in there, maybe we could push the top bins a tile closer to the wall so they overlap the wall and there's more room to walk? Anyway, Sinkin, I'm excited to see what you've got up your sleeve for this. I'm hoping for more weird Zelda foods. It's coming together great.

So the apartments, let's not jump the gun and say the one of the far left is done, haha, we still just don't know what's going inside. We're going to have to change it once an NPC to live there gets accepted. Another note, I think we're going to have it so one of the apartments has an attic you can access, which has a door that leads onto the roof (behind one of the parts that sticks up), so we'll need to figure out who that is, probably either the cat lady or whoever moves in next to her, and get that done too. As for the cat lady's apartment, can she have a chair upstairs that looks out a window. I think they all need windows, actually. They pay a lot for these apartments, they should get some windows!

Also, the Tavern. Tokay Tavern sounds good to me! 20 points to Miles for alliteration! Anyway, I didn't get why the top barrel was hanging out over the other two, so I pushed it back. I also didn't know why ALL the bottles were empty! Somebody has a drinking problem. So I did some different bottles, what do you guys think? They could also still be a little better.
Oh, also I changed the floor because for one thing, where the hell does somebody even GET blue bricks? lol.

Optimizing, I think, means to have the tiles ready for coding, not all a mess.

yes the octorocks are from the king mobs screenshot of the harbour, in you picture, you show what it looks to be octorocks, so I added them.

I will add a chair to the cat lady and some windows!!

As for the tavern, I LOVE IT, MAX!!
Apartment 4.0
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2015, 06:00:15 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Added the chair and the windows.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:05:51 pm by Spritonic »

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2015, 08:25:10 pm »
WOW! This is awesome, love the places you guys have made.
Didn't realize there where so many interior locations, I could help with some of these :)
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2015, 08:42:34 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Feel free, the more help the better!
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2015, 09:10:21 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
WOW! This is awesome, love the places you guys have made.
Didn't realize there where so many interior locations, I could help with some of these :)

Yes dude!! Fell free to work on this too!! Can´t see what you come up with!

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2015, 09:17:05 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Also, the Tavern. Tokay Tavern sounds good to me! 20 points to Miles for alliteration!

Hooray, points!
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Cobbler / Tailor
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2015, 09:35:34 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Thanks to Leduardo´s Able sisters clothing shop, I could put this together.

I did NOT put blue bricks this time Max! haha!  XD

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2015, 09:39:13 am »
  • Idk
I can see things are shaping up. And uuuh, the grocery shop will be done today, I kinda went to bed early cause of the sleeping pills I'm on.
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2015, 09:58:03 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I can see things are shaping up. And uuuh, the grocery shop will be done today, I kinda went to bed early cause of the sleeping pills I'm on.

Can´t wait to see it!!
Fortune Teller Doubt
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2015, 06:24:38 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I was wondering if the fortune teller sisters where going to be scattered across hyrule, or all in the same place, because it would make sense that there is one in each area:
-Crystal would be in the Town
-Ruby would be in Death Mountain
-Sapphire would in the Zora´s domain / Lake Hylia
-Emerald would be in the Kokiri Forest.
That way the player doesn´t have to go all the way to Hyrule castle to see the fortune teller, but he can see the near one.

I need to know this since it will change the design of the Fortune teller shop.
Re: Fortune Teller Doubt
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2015, 07:09:05 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I was wondering if the fortune teller sisters where going to be scattered across hyrule, or all in the same place, because it would make sense that there is one in each area:
-Crystal would be in the Town
-Ruby would be in Death Mountain
-Sapphire would in the Zora´s domain / Lake Hylia
-Emerald would be in the Kokiri Forest.
That way the player doesn´t have to go all the way to Hyrule castle to see the fortune teller, but he can see the near one.

I need to know this since it will change the design of the Fortune teller shop.

You're correct, they're scattered across the regions.  Crystal is in the town.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2015, 01:39:34 am »
  • It's just Max.
This is fun how fast this is happening.

So, first review on the tailor/cobbler shop, Spritonic. First, good use of different floors, hahaha. Anyway, there's a couple things that confuse me here. In the top-left corner, why is there a gap in the shelves? Nobody can get back there anyway, right? Also, why are there SO MANY shelves? There's 48 shoes visible, which for a poor, struggling business in the slums, seems like they're very successful. The same might go for the mannequins with clothes in the front, six seems like a bit many displays for a shop this small. I might guess three would look better, but use your judgement.

Another thing that might be making this shop look a little bit rich is the carpet. That is a very fancy design for a carpet, I think the people in the slums might have something a little more plain.

One other thing that's a little confusing, is how does Esther work at that sewing machine? If she gets behind it, then she'd have to reach over it for all of her tools and couldn't get to those drawers. But if she worked in front of those tables, her stuff would be in the way of her reaching the sewing machine. How it is on the right, in the tileset, makes more sense. She could work on her sewing, and then reach behind her if she needs a tool.

One idea I had that you might want to think about is if the front, with the door, had the things they sell. Some clothes, a shelf with a couple shoes, etc. Then in the back was their workstations, where they MADE the shoes and clothes, rather than the entire store being split into shoes over here, clothes over here. But, it's your call, if it makes more sense to you to do it this way, do it your way!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 74 queries.