Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] Zelda Mobile - for javaphones [Demo 3 Released]  (Read 131359 times)

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
Re: Zelda Mobile - for java phones.. Released!
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006, 09:20:28 pm »
Downloaded File Details:
Name: Zelda
Version: 1.00
Vendor: Gorthwogh
.lol.

One the phone this looks and feels so right.
Minish cap graphics perfectly work on the small screen: Bright and colourfull+ no black edges..It works well.

On my phone (Its got a crappy blue motorolla OS), all the text is too big: Looks twice the height as the space thats there for it, and so some of it gets cut in half in height.
This is my phones designers idiocy however: The text is much much larger than i want it to be in general on the phone, and much larger than it is on emulators.
Any chance you could set it to small for the final release?

oh and this is l33tl33tl33tovely!

The ocotorocks are too easy just now though (slow rocks too).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 09:27:29 pm by aab »

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 12:07:57 am »

On my phone (Its got a crappy blue motorolla OS), all the text is too big: Looks twice the height as the space thats there for it, and so some of it gets cut in half in height.
This is my phones designers idiocy however: The text is much much larger than i want it to be in general on the phone, and much larger than it is on emulators.
Any chance you could set it to small for the final release?

oh and this is l33tl33tl33tovely!

The ocotorocks are too easy just now though (slow rocks too).

hehe.. i think the font is set to small everywhere.. just to make shure i have updated the files.. now the fonts are set to small globally..
all phones have different fonts, and i can only use small medium or large.. my friend has the same problem on his.. *damn java*

wait till you get to the boss.. he is a joke.. extremly easy..

demo 3 released.. get it here: http://zeldamobile.gorthwogh.com
Total game completion [||||||||||]  ~80%
  • zeldamobile

gm112

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 12:12:00 am »
hank you for the PC version :-)
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 12:23:05 am »
  • 7.18.1.3.5 <3
THAT WAS SO GOOD..
Well i mean the Demo.. it was very enjoyable =D Especially on cellphone... I know ti's still being worked on but i think the HUD part shouldn't block off that much of the screen or the map.. cause makes the playing screen smaller.. harder to see.. But it's really good.
Good job!  ;D
SSBB FC: 4639-8685-4595
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 12:38:07 am »
THAT WAS SO GOOD..
Well i mean the Demo.. it was very enjoyable =D Especially on cellphone... I know ti's still being worked on but i think the HUD part shouldn't block off that much of the screen or the map.. cause makes the playing screen smaller.. harder to see.. But it's really good.
Good job!  ;D

thanks!
yeah.. i know about the hud.. i have tested a hud without the black background (that is how i really want it..) but then it needs to be redrawn every frame (cause older phones don't have alpha channel support) and that slows down the game ALOT, not playable on older hardware.. i hope i find a way to get rid of the black background some way..

• zeldamobile

Pyro

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 02:43:24 am »
ok..

all that are having problems.. please tell me what phone you are using..

Samsung X426 >_> xD
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 04:04:13 am »
  • META MAJINKEN!
Very nice, but though, I think there are bugs.
1. I think in the cave where you get your sword... I don't see a text appear.
2. Stalfos in the game have two hp, and goriyas have 3. not 1.(to point things out)

and that's all, but a GREAT start! Can't wait when I get a phone!(drat, I gatta wait one more year...)
Oh, and... could you make the moving pace faster? And Link's walking animation faster? Cause in Minish Cap, Link's animation is fast.
Also, make the speed of the boomerang extremely fast. If you can.

RATING:
7.5/10

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC

Pyro

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 04:31:51 am »
I've tried the other link (The .jad) and it keeps saying "There is not enough room to install" but the thing is, my phone is empty o_O...I wish it was a smaller file =(
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 05:42:19 am »
I played the demo on your PC emulator it was great but some things where not that great.

(Good side) :)
-Playing Zelda on a cellphone
-New secrets

(Bad side) >:(
-Aquamentis was no match you could easily walk around him and take the Heart container and beat him from the back.
-Many enemies where missing in the 1st Dungeon.
-No Zora's
-No Tektite
-Kees don't act like octoroks/moblins it seems like you just copied the Moblin/Octorok codes and pasted them in a kees.

If you would improve these things it would make it so much better then it already is. :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:45:54 am by Hyrule_boy »
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 12:20:25 pm »
I've tried the other link (The .jad) and it keeps saying "There is not enough room to install" but the thing is, my phone is empty o_O...I wish it was a smaller file =(

ah! now i remember.. i tried the game on a samsung (dont know what model, a bit older) and it was complaining about it being too big.. i think it needs to be <100k.. i'll see what i can do..

Hyrule_boy and xdragonsb: good points, i'll try to fix..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 12:26:01 pm by Gorthwogh »

• zeldamobile
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 12:40:50 pm »
  • odens knop
Works awesome!  If your making a list of compatible phones, make sure to add Sony Ericsson z520i!  ;)
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 01:03:19 pm »
Pyro: i have managed to make the file a bit smaller (98k) i think you might be able to install it on your phone now..

• zeldamobile

Thanwe

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2006, 01:58:21 pm »
I managed to download the zelda.jad file and the game works pretty well. Says something like "phone doesnt have enough memory to transfer the file" when trying to download the .jar file. How important is the jar file anyways because it seems to work well with just the jad file?

Is it supposed to have sounds, I dont hear any. Collisions should be improved a bit. I also got some error in a room with boomerang mobs and the application closed.

Anyways awesome game and project!
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2006, 02:02:42 pm »
I forgot to ask why is there no map engine? I know the whole Overworld + Underworld but not everybody knows it.
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2006, 03:43:28 pm »
I forgot to ask why is there no map engine? I know the whole Overworld + Underworld but not everybody knows it.

the map is so small so you don't really need it yet.. but i am working on an improved zelda 1 map engine.. probably in demo 2..

I managed to download the zelda.jad file and the game works pretty well. Says something like "phone doesnt have enough memory to transfer the file" when trying to download the .jar file. How important is the jar file anyways because it seems to work well with just the jad file?

Is it supposed to have sounds, I dont hear any. Collisions should be improved a bit. I also got some error in a room with boomerang mobs and the application closed.

Anyways awesome game and project!

the .jad file is a descriptor file for the .jar.. so if you download the .jad it will atomaticly download the .jar file
on some phones it works with only .jar others need .jad+.jar

there is no sound in game yet.. it is not supported by standard in mobile java 1.0.. i will add it later..

• zeldamobile

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2006, 04:31:32 pm »
Yeah, if you can it may be good to have a verion with and withought sound (for the memory and compatibility)..only that would be code-tricky withought some sort of (if-only in C) precompiling techniques.
Though....You could go toa  little fun bother...Like have a special thing where whenever your about to write sound related code, go //#ifdef@SOUND_ and fin with //#endif_SOUND_ then write a little prog to search fthrough,  copying all bits of code not inbetween that clause, and so in the end have two progs, one with sound, and one completely withought, and no trace of ever having had.
Yeah, with the boss just stand at the bottom where he cant reach you and attack...But he was always easy wasnt he?
I wish my phone had a smaller text setting, but i cant seem to find one anywhere....damn phone os-u-interface-layer, its its fault the texts too big, not javas....though it doesnt help lol. I have no problems with the huds usage of the screen myself..though i do have a prioblem with my phones taskbar at the bottom, with the big MENU button with text on it. With its ugliness imposing on your game you couldnt put anything in there to stress me really.
One thing is that although there are two ways of opening the Menu, (7 and pressing my left-key) they dont do the same thing.
eg: if you press 7 then press the left key while in the menu, it will say "menu opened" rather than closing the menu, which would take pressing it again.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 04:35:15 pm by aab »

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2006, 05:55:15 pm »
Can you upload that smaller file on your site? Then I can probaly play it on my cellphone too.
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 07:58:33 pm »
Can you upload that smaller file on your site? Then I can probaly play it on my cellphone too.

it is up.. now 98.1kb.. same link as before.. (same game, just optimized the .png files inside the .jar)
if you have samsung phones, you should use the .jad link.. (i think, but it can depend on your network provider..)

i have tested on a samsung SGH-X460, it was very slow, but still playable..

• zeldamobile

Pyro

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 07:59:32 pm »
K dude, It installed thanks! =D But all the graphics are like....glitchy o_O
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 08:29:59 pm »
My cellphone says

The web page is to large to send back :'(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 74 queries.

anything