Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smash Brothers DS please!  (Read 7109 times)

Re: Smash Brothers DS please!
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2008, 11:42:18 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Ahem. WiFi? Download play? It would work quite well!
Exactly, the DS has enough multiplayer functions!

It seems pointless to play Super Smash Brothers with your friends over WiFi when they're sitting right next to you, and through my experiences, the Nintendo DS does not have the best built-in WiFi. As for download play, if it takes 5 minutes to download simple minigames, I do not want to think about how long it would take to download a Super Smash Brothers game. And why not just turn your console on and enjoy it on an actual TV and play it how it's meant to be played?

Well, aside from WiFi and Download Play there's still plain old Wireless Multicard. No downloads, no pain. Except for everyone having to have a copy of the game, which is the same for WiFi as well..
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 12:25:11 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
One of the limitations that comes from the Nintendo DS itself is the screen resolution. To put it simply, the Nintendo DS does not have a big enough screen to play Super Smash Brothers decently. Have you ever tried playing Super Smash Brothers on a screen as small as the one on the Nintendo DS? When the camera zooms out, it is damn near impossible to tell where you are and what you are doing. The resolution would defiantly be one major limitation that they would have to find a way of working around.

Easily solved. Don't zoom out. The stages can be made to be small enough and the bottom screen can sport a "map" of sorts. Also, other players can be indicated by an arrow.

I think you all fail to realize that Super Smash Brothers is not only a single-player game. Are you all honestly telling me that you all want a Super Smash Brothers game that is designed specifically to play it by yourself?

I think you fail to realize that the DS is not a one-player only device. Like others have said, there's more than enough ways to not play by yourself. There's WiFi, multicard local connection, and single card local connection that the DS can provide. I think you weren't around when Super Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime Hunters came out, really.

I don't understand why people place so many invisible limitations. The only limitations are time, money, space, and interest. That's all, really.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2008, 12:35:57 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
One of the limitations that comes from the Nintendo DS itself is the screen resolution. To put it simply, the Nintendo DS does not have a big enough screen to play Super Smash Brothers decently. Have you ever tried playing Super Smash Brothers on a screen as small as the one on the Nintendo DS? When the camera zooms out, it is damn near impossible to tell where you are and what you are doing. The resolution would defiantly be one major limitation that they would have to find a way of working around.

Easily solved. Don't zoom out. The stages can be made to be small enough and the bottom screen can sport a "map" of sorts. Also, other players can be indicated by an arrow.

That or use both screens as a level. So when you go to high parts of the level you'll be on the top screen, lower levels = bottem screens, etc.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2008, 12:47:11 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

That or use both screens as a level. So when you go to high parts of the level you'll be on the top screen, lower levels = bottem screens, etc.

Meh... That can be done but I think it might be confusing for the eye...

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2008, 02:16:57 am »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
Ahem. WiFi? Download play? It would work quite well!
Exactly, the DS has enough multiplayer functions!

It seems pointless to play Super Smash Brothers with your friends over WiFi when they're sitting right next to you, and through my experiences, the Nintendo DS does not have the best built-in WiFi. As for download play, if it takes 5 minutes to download simple minigames, I do not want to think about how long it would take to download a Super Smash Brothers game. And why not just turn your console on and enjoy it on an actual TV and play it how it's meant to be played?
You're far too pessimistic.

I've played plenty of games, download play-wise, WiFi, and local wireless and have had no problems. Ever. Speed has been pretty great, actually. The only issue I've ever had was my power going out in the middle of an online pokemon match, killing my wireless router.
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2008, 07:13:45 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...

I agree. It works well in the Sonic Rush games and Yoshi's Island DS. You're talking about double-tall levels, right? That makes lots of sense.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 45 queries.

anything