Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda mockups  (Read 12704 times)

Alpha365

Re: Zelda mockups
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 03:00:23 am »
(TaKaM your my hero)amazing 1000000000/10!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 03:07:48 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
TaKaM are you going to post more?
mm ok, just one with an area I made a while ago:

and DFOTW, I think we all know about the wwoot package

Thanks TaKaM they look awesome I can't wait to see what they are for
They're for nothing, hence "mockup"

Last Wizard of TheCentury

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 03:14:13 am »
TaKaM are you going to post more?
mm ok, just one with an area I made a while ago:

and DFOTW, I think we all know about the wwoot package

Thanks TaKaM they look awesome I can't wait to see what they are for
They're for nothing, hence "mockup"
pfff not what he told me ;)

Faceless

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 06:36:49 am »
He's making a walking demo. Whoopdie-doo.  ;)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 07:11:01 am »
Please make a game out of these sprites Takam.

These mock-ups are beautiful.

I'm going to cry with happiness. (Not really but you get the idea.)
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 07:44:50 am »
  • A little Alive
well there look reall nice, but I am not the type for those tile set,
i like alttp tiles,s but it still looks good :)
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 11:56:02 am »
  • n___n
Jeezus you guys, you're acting like TakaM is God standing before you (or if you're atheist, then Richard Dawkins). They're freakin' sprites.

They're very nice looking, yes, I agree, but is the whole 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10 EYE LOUVE YOU SO GOOD!!!! stuff necessary?

This is where ZFGC falls short in the graphics department. TELL WHY YOU LIKE SOMETHING, EXPLAIN YOURSELF! OFFER WAYS TO IMPROVE!!!

Here's some crits Taka:

In the screen with Link walking on the stone dock, I see a perspective error. The wooden bar type structure on the rock edge of the dock look like they're going underneath the stones that line the top of the dock. Can you see what I mean? You define the stone lining has 2 sides (that we can see) and the wooden support bars go underneath it. Kinda throws you.

And, the rock by the water in the 5th screenshot doesn't have a shadow. I cna understand if you wouldn't want to add a shadow to animated tiles (water) but from what I can gather you're trying to keep consistency in your shadows.

I like how everything has a green feel, and it's a green that doesn't get annoying when you see it everywhere, over and over again. Very mellow. Everything has high attention to detail and it's very complete feeling.

Keep up the great work.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 12:00:11 pm by araknidkid »
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 01:19:54 pm »
  • [sic]
Jeezus you guys, you're acting like TakaM is God standing before you (or if you're atheist, then Richard Dawkins). They're freakin' sprites.

They're very nice looking, yes, I agree, but is the whole 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10 EYE LOUVE YOU SO GOOD!!!! stuff necessary?

This is where ZFGC falls short in the graphics department. TELL WHY YOU LIKE SOMETHING, EXPLAIN YOURSELF! OFFER WAYS TO IMPROVE!!!

Here's some crits Taka:

In the screen with Link walking on the stone dock, I see a perspective error. The wooden bar type structure on the rock edge of the dock look like they're going underneath the stones that line the top of the dock. Can you see what I mean? You define the stone lining has 2 sides (that we can see) and the wooden support bars go underneath it. Kinda throws you.

And, the rock by the water in the 5th screenshot doesn't have a shadow. I cna understand if you wouldn't want to add a shadow to animated tiles (water) but from what I can gather you're trying to keep consistency in your shadows.

I like how everything has a green feel, and it's a green that doesn't get annoying when you see it everywhere, over and over again. Very mellow. Everything has high attention to detail and it's very complete feeling.

Keep up the great work.
Thank you for saving this thread. :P

I love these mockups, Taka, everything is very nice and clean. I don't see any perspective problems, and they all have a peaceful feeling to them. I prefer the mockup in your avatar, but that's just me. It has nothing to do with quality. As araknid said, i love how everything is very green, it looks great. The shading is also very professional, and gives the whole thing a nice, "smooth" look. As always, you make superb use of dithering and from a 100% view, everything looks nearly flawless.

That said, here are some things I don't like: :P
I think the rays of light are too large and too obtrusive. They cut out or make difficult to see a large portion oft he screen. They look beautiful, but they need, I think, to be shortened.
I love Links side position a lot. This is the view that most people mess up, but yours looks great. However, in the one frame where he is sticking his left foot behind him, in the process of walking, there are some issues. One, his left leg is completely straight - it should be out in front of him at least a little bit. Two, the boot on his left leg looks top-down, as it does not move out at all, and stays a rounded brown shape. And the right leg is only bent at the knee, which looks strange and unnatural.
My last criticism is the lack of anything small. To me, these areas do not look Zelda-ish at all because there are no little rocks and bushes in the corners between other objects. While the things you have included have incredible detail, they need something more to liven the island up.

Other than those, I can't pick out any problems - these are truly fantastic. And i absolutely can't wait to see what they are for.
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 01:41:50 pm »
And Chris, I must say that soap is great because you use it (hidden message :P).
Your going to get yourself fired one day....   ;)

;).

Anyway, great job both .TakaM and Chris. So, according to the rules, we need to give criticism? Okay...

.TakaM's Mockups

I think your sprites are great and the mockups look amazing, mainly because of the lighting, and the awesome light beams. The shading is very realistic, and I love it. The water looks great too, and not too "tiled". The way it connects with the land is realistic, too, although in real life I would have expected a cliff or something... or a beach.
The HUD is not too cluttered, which lots of fangames run into at one point.
There's a nice bit of dithering going on, with good results. Overall, it looks very professional, and I would certainly pay money for a game like that, as long as the gameplay was just as good. Er, ??39.99 sound OK?

Chris' Mockup

Nice work, it's great that you use soap, even if you just animate with it :P. Yes, I use soap too, I make terrains. Nice to meet you :P.
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 11:47:29 pm »
If you animate it, make the lights fade in and out other places, so that it looks like the clouds are passing overhead.

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2006, 02:14:18 am »
Okay TaKaM your sprites are great and so are your tiles I love the way you use lighting effects and make it so your games
tiles never look the same. You failed to detail the HUD as much as you did the rest of the graphics so thats one thing you can
do

that good enough KID
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2006, 03:16:33 am »
  • Official Forum Hippie/Writer
yeah, It's safe to assume that those are the best land tiles I've seen, but Your link sprite just bugs me.  Up around the head mostly, it seems like the outline is fuller or darker or something.  Just doesn't seem right.  Still, the backgrounds are quite awesome.  If only you and someone actually capable of finishing a fangame could get together and work on something...  but I digress.  Great sprites dude.

BTW, with that being said, I think it'd be pretty awesome if you did some graffiti art on a big white or brick wall or something.  Nothing specific, but you're the artsy type.  Just my two cents, but that seems like something you'd do...
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2006, 04:59:54 am »
  • 7.18.1.3.5 <3
yeah, It's safe to assume that those are the best land tiles I've seen, but Your link sprite just bugs me.  Up around the head mostly, it seems like the outline is fuller or darker or something.  Just doesn't seem right.  Still, the backgrounds are quite awesome.  If only you and someone actually capable of finishing a fangame could get together and work on something...  but I digress.  Great sprites dude.

BTW, with that being said, I think it'd be pretty awesome if you did some graffiti art on a big white or brick wall or something.  Nothing specific, but you're the artsy type.  Just my two cents, but that seems like something you'd do...
LOL! "But i digress."
Reminds me of Animal Crossing, Blather's favorite line about bugs...(I think that was his name...)
Another piece of awesome spriting by TaKaM... Haven't seen alot of his work lately, but these mockups are just awesome!
SSBB FC: 4639-8685-4595
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2006, 02:23:11 pm »
  • [sic]
Seen his Twinsen topic? My God, it's amazing. Very professional. But, to quote yourself "I digress".
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 01:43:24 am »
Wow, those are pretty professional looking. Look almost more styled for another game though. But then again, I never thought Minish Cap looked very Zelda-ish either...so who knows. Very pretty though, I like the lighting effects most, add to the brightness of the tiles.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 05:42:54 am »
You know whats funny TaKaM only posted like 4x here and we Spammed it up XD

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2006, 10:07:01 am »
You know whats funny TaKaM only posted like 4x here and we Spammed it up XD
The spam was over until you posted... I like the fact that people start to be more critical ever since araks post, even though... hm, whatever.

Btw, .TakaM, how many tiles did you make/use for these mockups? I don't think I can count them... over fourty maybe?
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2006, 10:32:28 am »
number of tiles.. man I really cant be bothered counting, I'd estimate there are about 200 in the mockups shown
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2006, 12:37:09 pm »
I like every mockups. They are extremly nice. Good job, .Takam. :)
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2006, 04:57:15 pm »
Bit late here but this is beautiful work, .Takam.
One thing I really admire about your spriting is your use of colour. Your choice of pallette, whether it's this stuff or your work on Twinsen, is really inspired.
I'm intrigued by what this is going to be used for...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 77 queries.