Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386350 times)

Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #380 on: July 28, 2007, 08:53:15 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Damn man, looks damn nice. So professional and detailed.
You got some skills.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #381 on: July 28, 2007, 01:05:51 pm »
Holy !@#$% !@#$%, please tell me that demo will run on Vista or I shall eat you and your children >_____<;

HyruleArchiveProductions

« Reply #382 on: July 28, 2007, 01:37:50 pm »
by the looks of it, you have some very good programming/spriting skills!
« Reply #383 on: July 28, 2007, 03:43:08 pm »
  • A little Alive
Wow I just saw the movie

FREAKING AWESOME
everything look so great and nice fittings, no misplaced stuff, nice sounds effects, you got the whole bunch
WOW!

uma

« Reply #384 on: July 28, 2007, 10:10:26 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Duuuuuude! This is will totally win Z3.

Amazing. Simply amazing.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #385 on: July 28, 2007, 11:14:04 pm »
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE That's freakin amazing! I wanna play NOW!
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #386 on: July 29, 2007, 01:33:55 pm »
The trailer is great, but riding on Epona looks weird - like the animation seems to be MUCH too slow. Otherwise, amazing.
Great job King Mob! Everything in this game looks so smooth, eventhough I'm certain that the slow speed of the animations is due to the video FPS and not the game itself. I have been waiting for an update like this in quite long time, so keep up the good work and may the demo rule them all!
Thanks, and yes, running FRAPS slows the game down quite visibly, and as Scooter said, it makes Epona look like she's running too slowly. But it might be worth pointing out that you may not have noticed there are two sets of animations: one for galloping and one for just slowly trotting along - that might be confusing the eye a little.

Holy !@#$% !@#$%, please tell me that demo will run on Vista or I shall eat you and your children >_____<;
Well, as you suggested, I've recompiled it using the GM Converter tool to make it Vista compatible, and done the same with the old tech demo, but I can't test either myself.
Can you check whether the old demo now works? Here's the link. Cheers. XD

It still works on XP, so I'm assuming there are no backwards-compatibility problems...? Don't know much about it myself...

And thanks for the comments - as I said before I'm feeling a little distant from the whole thing because I'd expected z3 to have happened by now and to be working toward the next milestone, but it feels like I'm on hold, waiting for something. Feedback, probably. I'd like to know I'm on the right track! :P I'm working on the game all the time, and would post updates more frequently, but I feel they have to wait. The demo has to come next. I may wait for z3, I may not - it's becoming less and less relevant to me.

Maybe I could introduce you to The Shadowgazer himself in the meantime... I've finally come up with a design I like and I'm working on some artwork and sprites at the moment.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #387 on: July 29, 2007, 01:44:41 pm »
Can I ask you a question. I know this may have been answered already but I haven't been on the forums much.

When's the next demo and what will it have?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #388 on: July 29, 2007, 02:08:39 pm »
The updated tech demo works brilliantly on Vista! And since my Vista laptop is much faster than my slow Win2000 desktop, it also runs a lot faster and smoother in my case :P. Keep up the good work!
« Reply #389 on: July 29, 2007, 02:21:23 pm »
Can I ask you a question. I know this may have been answered already but I haven't been on the forums much.

When's the next demo and what will it have?
Pretty sure I answered those questions for you just a few pages back... Yes, yes I did. :P

The updated tech demo works brilliantly on Vista! And since my Vista laptop is much faster than my slow Win2000 desktop, it also runs a lot faster and smoother in my case :P. Keep up the good work!
That's good to know, thanks. XD
« Reply #390 on: July 29, 2007, 02:54:55 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Well King Mob, we can't really provide any good feedback if you don't give us a demo to try out :P Seriously, I don't think you should mind z3, if it hasn't happened today, it won't happen tomorrow. The earlier you release the demo, the earlier you'll have feedback and the faster you will be done with your game. It all depends on how you schedule the whole thing.

BTW, I would love to see what the Shadowgazer looks like!
« Reply #391 on: July 29, 2007, 03:04:34 pm »
Heh, I know, that's what I'm saying. XD I feel like z3 being constantly delayed is holding everything up. So like I say I may just forget about it and release the demo shortly anyway. You never know, by the time z3 actually happens, I may have a bigger demo to release!

But in the meantime I'll get on and finish the artwork and sprites for the next update...

Goomdaddy

« Reply #392 on: July 30, 2007, 12:55:58 am »
The trailer is awsome. I can't wait untill this comes out. The only thing I didn't like was the music, but I can live with that.
« Reply #393 on: July 31, 2007, 04:02:46 am »
King Mob, you are a god! This looks incredible. Can't wait to play the demo.
« Reply #394 on: July 31, 2007, 11:11:38 am »
  • I cannot lose!
Saw the newest trailer. Gotta say, this looks awesome. Liek omg.
MGS4 == Best game ever. Srsly.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #395 on: August 01, 2007, 08:55:45 am »
  • Silly cat!
Trailer looked pretty good. I was disappointed it wasn't a cinematic trailer, and rather, a gameplay trailer, but it did show off a lot of the great work you've been doing over the last few months/years. Looks awesome, Mobby, don't let us down!

Hoffy.
« Reply #396 on: August 06, 2007, 06:31:23 pm »
Alright, the so-called 'z3' demo's up.  XD

New screens:

z3 Demo: DOWNLOAD
z3 Trailer: DOWNLOAD

Controls:
Direction keys plus
X = sword (not used in this demo)
S = shield
Z = context-sensitive action
A = assigned item (not used in this demo)
+ / - on keypad = toggles between windowed and fullscreen modes

Please note this is not an early release of the demo I'd intended for completion in August this year. This demo was originally concieved as just being a taster, released pretty much for the hell of showing something at z3, which should have been back in May. That deadline passed and there's still not been a z3, and as a result I've not been able to get back into it. But I no longer care about z3 - I just want this demo out there. It's the prologue and as such there's not much to do beyond a bit of exploration and conversation, but it *is* the actual game - so expect to start out item-less!

For those of you who have been following this project (I thank you XD) this demo will introduce you for the first time to a concept I've previously only made cryptic references to, revolving around the passing of time, and the comings and goings of the passengers and crew of three ships in the sea ports of Hyrule. Yes, we're on the Great Sea again. This game is loosely set some vague number of centuries after The Wind Waker, and the water has begun to recede and three new provinces have been established. Travel between them, however, is still only possible by sailboat. There are three ships (named Din's Fire, Farore's Wind and, yep, Nayru's Love) that sail around Hyrule on a continuous round-trip journey that takes three days, i.e. a day in each port, travelling through the night. Each ship will dock in all of the three sea ports over the course of the rotating three-day cycle - think of them as following each other in a circle (or triangle :P) round the map.

When Link boards one of the ships for the first time, he is mistaken for the new trainee cabin boy and is told to report to the captain, who issues him with his Cabin Boy's Handbook. Similar to the Bombers' Notebook in that it is used to keep track of each of the crew and passengers' routines (with space for anybody else he might meet along the way) it ticks them off when you've cured them of their particular nightmare.

Whilst all this sailing is a crafty way of making the map seem huge, like you have to cross oceans and visit far-off lands to complete your quest, it's primarily a nice, tidy way of imposing a repeating three-day sequence onto the game without the Groundhog Day-style repetition of Majora's Mask. You're not doomed to repeat the same three days over and over, it's just that each ship rolls in to port once every three days, and when they do, the crew and passengers have a big influence on the lives and routines of the locals, thus tailoring the gameplay to that specific day.

Hope I've explained that properly.  :P

Harbour Concept Art:

Between the original z3 deadline and now, I couldn't realistically get all the additional stuff I wanted to include done in time, so the harbour of Hyrule Town is for the most part empty. You'll see the ships in this demo, and get a feel for how it all works, but you won't see much evidence of the passengers and crew, I'm afraid... And you might find some of the NPCs that do appear in the game mysteriously disappear at certain times. This is because they are affected by clock-based conditions that I haven't coded yet - not because I've forgotten about them! For example, you'll meet a guy in Kakariko Village (known to me only as 'Parcel Guy') who you won't be able to find anywhere on the third day. He will ultimately be found in Hyrule Castle Town yelling at the Postman for not delivering his mail. But the Post Office hasn't been completed as yet... So, just be mindful of stuff like that. But experiment - though the demo effectively ends when you reach the harbour (since there's nothing further to do) you can go back to Kakariko Village and observe a little of the lives of its inhabitants over the three day cycle. If you've got nothing better to do, that is... ;)

What else? Oh yeah, there's currently no way into either the windmill or the gravedigger's hut. So I wouldn't waste your time looking for one, if I were you. Same goes for the Lost Woods and Lake Hylia. Though they're signposted I've not got round to completing them yet.

And no, you don't get a sword in this demo. It stops short of the sequence in the story where you first get a sword. If you really want to heck up some bushes, you can always go back and play the technical demo again, which can be found here.

The file weighs in at a hefty 10Mb because there's a load of uncompressed sound effects in there. I will work on reducing this before the next demo. There are some effects missing because I didn't think it would be a good idea making the file any bigger at this stage...

So, like I said, this demo's meant as a little taster. I've still got a lot of work to do to join up the two segments I've finished: this opening segment, and the first (virtually finished) dungeon. When I've done that much, I will release it as another demo, finished to as high a standard as I can. I'm happy with the quality of everything apart from Hyrule Town harbour - it's just unfinished and a little unpolished right now. Hopefully it evokes the right atmosphere though. There's still the odd thing I need to get done elsewhere, but the rest of it should be representative of the finished product.

I hope you enjoy the demo.

KM
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 07:12:40 pm by King Mob »
« Reply #397 on: August 06, 2007, 07:02:12 pm »
  • [sic]
YES!

*rushes to download*

EDIT: By far the best Zelda fangame I've ever played. The cinematics are excellent, better even than any of the Nintendo 2D titles, because of the superb attention to detail. I also love that you've given Zelda a real personality.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 12:18:00 pm by Kame »
« Reply #398 on: August 06, 2007, 07:06:10 pm »
Whow, this is one of the best zelda fan games I've ever played! It's soo detailed that even your roof is an object O_o

Great work man! :D
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #399 on: August 06, 2007, 07:16:23 pm »
OMFG!!!!! That was the best fan games I've ever played!!!!!! You're amazing, this will so pwn at z3. Oh and where did you get those WW sound effects they'd be very useful for WWA.
  • https://colbydude.com
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 78 queries.

anything