Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 387395 times)

Koh

Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2007, 02:15:19 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
I played it, great demo! and I didn't have any lag whatsoeva :D.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2007, 07:47:06 pm »
I agree on the dialogue(sp?).  I feel it somehow gives the characters a little more personality, rather than the cliche' old language stuff.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #462 on: August 17, 2007, 04:42:44 pm »
HOLY !@#$% that looks good! I never really liked Minish Cap's graphics compared to LTTP (too bright...), but you made 'em look good! That lava looks sweet!

Keep it up!!!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #463 on: August 18, 2007, 12:08:03 am »
  • .越//
what lava? Oo

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #464 on: August 18, 2007, 02:24:35 am »
Screenshot lava.
« Reply #465 on: August 18, 2007, 02:33:26 am »
  • Txet Lanosrep
what lava? Oo
He's referring to the screenshots on the first page.

And King Mob are you planning on having another demo ready by the NCFC?

Maybe just a more polished version of this demo?

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #466 on: August 18, 2007, 09:05:07 am »
And King Mob are you planning on having another demo ready by the NCFC?

Maybe just a more polished version of this demo?
No, I don't think so. I know I've got a couple of months but I don't think I'd be able to add anything substantial in that time. I'd maybe aim for releasing something at the proposed Winter z3, but I won't make any promises.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #467 on: August 19, 2007, 02:03:26 pm »
King mob, I think that your game is the best fan game ever! Never mind the other fangames, this one rocks!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #468 on: August 19, 2007, 03:53:52 pm »
King mob, I think that your game is the best fan game ever! Never mind the other fangames, this one rocks!

Whoa, a little rash there! I've seen better. It's the best Zelda fangame, yes, but not the best fangame.
« Reply #469 on: August 19, 2007, 05:25:48 pm »
I just watched the trailer...really good stuff man. Really nice :)

Especially the ending. Because it was lagging overall...
« Reply #470 on: August 20, 2007, 12:02:35 am »
  • [sic]

Whoa, a little rash there! I've seen better. It's the best Zelda fangame, yes, but not the best fangame.
What is, then? Twinsen, maybe. Yeah, that'd be it for me. But..
« Reply #471 on: August 20, 2007, 01:10:26 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
3 -*SPOILER... kind of*  -Some of the dialog in the game didn't quite seem to fit in with normal legend of Zelda dialog.  For example, in the town after you get your shield, one of the kids in the town say something close to "We could be like, I'll cover your back.".  To me at least it doesn't seem to fit.  Talking like that (in real life) is more of a recent development , and the Zelda series is staged in kind of a "old world" setting, so that kind of dialog seems a little out of place.
Not really. There's a precedent for this kind of anachronistic use of language. Some characters talk in an olde worlde kind of English, but some - especially children - seem to talk in a much more modern fashion, particularly in the games made since the shift to 3D.

Some examples:
  • The lantern guy in Faron Woods says "I mean, gimme a break"
  • Talo uses phrases like "Way to spoil everything by telling your dad."
  • Tetra tells her pirates to "Quit goofing off"
  • The Indigo-Gos say things like "I'm all, like, "Hey, where's Mikau?"", "That melody's bogus, man!"
  • The scarecrow in OOT refers to Link as "dude" and says "You rock!! I'm blown away!"
See what I mean?

And while we're at it, Ooccoo says "Now, bon voyage, you two!"

I'm not even gonna point out what's up with that... :P

And I'm working on this regularly, yes. I took a break of about a month during June/July but I'm back into it now, fleshing out the harbour area. Which I'm really enjoying, since it's really pushing my imagination. XD

I do see your point.  Hm....  For some reason though, that particular line doesn't quite seem to fit with me.  Apparently I am the only one who feels that way, so don't worry about it.  I'm glad that you are still actively working on it.  I can't wait to see more!

Nyoru

« Reply #472 on: August 24, 2007, 11:25:09 pm »
omg that look so nice but i dont really lkike the sound link do when he throw something ^^''

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #473 on: August 26, 2007, 03:45:38 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
man i remember seeing this when I used to frequently visit.

damn. it looks wonderful.
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #474 on: August 26, 2007, 10:24:29 am »
3 -*SPOILER... kind of*  -Some of the dialog in the game didn't quite seem to fit in with normal legend of Zelda dialog.  For example, in the town after you get your shield, one of the kids in the town say something close to "We could be like, I'll cover your back.".  To me at least it doesn't seem to fit.  Talking like that (in real life) is more of a recent development , and the Zelda series is staged in kind of a "old world" setting, so that kind of dialog seems a little out of place.
Not really. There's a precedent for this kind of anachronistic use of language. Some characters talk in an olde worlde kind of English, but some - especially children - seem to talk in a much more modern fashion, particularly in the games made since the shift to 3D.

Some examples:
  • The lantern guy in Faron Woods says "I mean, gimme a break"
  • Talo uses phrases like "Way to spoil everything by telling your dad."
  • Tetra tells her pirates to "Quit goofing off"
  • The Indigo-Gos say things like "I'm all, like, "Hey, where's Mikau?"", "That melody's bogus, man!"
  • The scarecrow in OOT refers to Link as "dude" and says "You rock!! I'm blown away!"
See what I mean?

And while we're at it, Ooccoo says "Now, bon voyage, you two!"

I'm not even gonna point out what's up with that... :P

And I'm working on this regularly, yes. I took a break of about a month during June/July but I'm back into it now, fleshing out the harbour area. Which I'm really enjoying, since it's really pushing my imagination. XD

I do see your point.  Hm....  For some reason though, that particular line doesn't quite seem to fit with me.  Apparently I am the only one who feels that way, so don't worry about it.  I'm glad that you are still actively working on it.  I can't wait to see more!

yes, since the shift to 3d when making games became a cut and paste click and play operation
does anyone here realize we call it "degeneration of language"?
its degeneration not "modern"
id like to think theres a fine line between poor language and acceptable dialogue
the examples you used are acceptable, and not just poor language...
using the word "like" in the previous conjunction is a helper for when you are at a loss of words
in other words, you cant express yourself well enough, without using the word "like", and it would halt your flow of speech
its the lowest form of linguistics, and sadly very common...

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #475 on: August 26, 2007, 12:15:14 pm »
Nice demo! I enjoyed playing it. Although I highly recommand you to switch over to extern resources! The loading time is not that long now but it will only get longer and longer when you keep making progress with your game. You might want to encrypt your sprites since you ofcourse don't like it to see other people stealing your sprites. Although it's a bit pointless since people always can rip stuff but it would make it harder for them. But besides this you also could add the bump sound when you roll against something solid, like Nintendo did with Minish Cap.
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2007, 07:55:18 am »
yes, since the shift to 3d when making games became a cut and paste click and play operation
does anyone here realize we call it "degeneration of language"?
its degeneration not "modern"
id like to think theres a fine line between poor language and acceptable dialogue
the examples you used are acceptable, and not just poor language...
using the word "like" in the previous conjunction is a helper for when you are at a loss of words
in other words, you cant express yourself well enough, without using the word "like", and it would halt your flow of speech
its the lowest form of linguistics, and sadly very common...
You know what I love about your posts? I must read each one at least twice and I never quite get the point you're making. :P Are you just expressing your dismay at the general debasement of the Queen's English - or are you saying I write lazy dialogue? 'Cause if it's the latter, I take exception. Yes, it represents a "degeneration of language", but it's not me punctuating my sentences with the word "like" all the time - it's the character. Many people speak in that fashion, and that over-excited boy in the village does and will continue to do so. It suits his personality.

And I use the word "modern" because Aero88 was paraphrasing the whole line, which is actually (I think! XD) 'I'd be all, like, "I got your back, Link!"', and that expression probably only entered the lexicon of popular culture in the last decade or so.

This may sound a little pompous, so I apologise in advance, but whilst I welcome your suggestions I'm not making this game to anyone's specification but my own, so I'm not going to concern myself if any of you don't like individual lines of dialogue, or particular sound effects (Nyoru! :P) I have to make the game as best as I can.

Nice demo! I enjoyed playing it. Although I highly recommand you to switch over to extern resources! The loading time is not that long now but it will only get longer and longer when you keep making progress with your game. You might want to encrypt your sprites since you ofcourse don't like it to see other people stealing your sprites. Although it's a bit pointless since people always can rip stuff but it would make it harder for them. But besides this you also could add the bump sound when you roll against something solid, like Nintendo did with Minish Cap.
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. I will probably need to switch some things over to external resources at some point, but I've made a half-assed start on the tedious task of compressing all the WAVs, and after only doing two (the day and the night ambient effects) I've managed to shave 3MB off the filesize! So I think I can get the filesize down a considerable amount yet! :P In fact that demo will probably weigh in at under 3MB once I finally get round to it... And I plan on adding that bumping sound effect, yeah, but when I've tried it in the past it just seemed odd, like it occurs too soon after the rolling sound effect. I need to play with the timing a bit. ;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 07:56:52 am by King Mob »

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #477 on: August 28, 2007, 04:35:17 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Wow. This game is the best fangame I have ever played. The file size was so big, I had to stick in my flash drive and save it there. :P
« Reply #478 on: August 29, 2007, 09:14:57 pm »
to answer your question - dismay both in general and in the game...
"Many people speak in that fashion, and that over-excited boy in the village does and will continue to do so. It suits his personality."
Maybe it does suit his personality, i still dont like it
And maybe its a cliche, but i have always fancied older and/or more mature english
anyhow as you say its made at your own accord :), just like mine is
and good luck with that

as for the filesize.. welcome to the club :)
im happy to see you have something going here

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #479 on: August 30, 2007, 04:14:51 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Wow, I'm sorry.  :-[ I didn't mean to create such a whop la about the whole un-matching language thing.  I really didn't think it was a big deal, just a simple suggestion.  If you don't want to change it, it doesn't matter to me.  I like your game either way.  Keep on doing it how you want to.  It has worked very well so far, just whatever you do, don't drop the project.   XD
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 78 queries.

anything