Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386443 times)

Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #940 on: March 29, 2009, 02:26:59 am »
I personally think you should make an original game out of this. Who is to say a game is a zelda clone or not. Your capable of getting your own personalized graphics, and changing some things around to fit your design. I think it would be worth it if you created a original title. Just replace the sprites you have with different ones. Thats what I did when I created my game the guardian. I wanted a zelda game, but I new that I couldnt make any money off of it so I made a completely different game that brought a zelda-ish feel to it. And I made around 5,000 off of the project. Im sure yours could do better though. But my game was only 1 dungeon and it had 1 mini boss and a main boss.

• The Untold Legacy

L176

« Reply #941 on: April 04, 2009, 01:02:19 pm »
Waiting for the decision. I know it's hard to make since it could have a great effect on ur future. I am backing the zelda fan game idea more (I have been awed ever since I saw those trailers for the first time).

Nitramtj

« Reply #942 on: April 05, 2009, 12:24:50 am »
I think the original game is a great way to go but it must have as much quality as the Zelda game would. I'm particularly thinking of the music since the Zelda series has a great selection of melodies to choose from while if you make your own content from scratch it might be harder to match the standard. Although seeing your work so far, I think you can meet it.

So basically I'm for whichever choice will have more quality.

The gold chuchu

Maybe not?...
« Reply #943 on: April 05, 2009, 12:38:09 am »
King Mod, I really wanted to see TLoZ:The Shadowgazer out and about but, alas, you must
move on to bigger and better things now and....oh screw it, I'm talking to you like I'm your
farther or something! XD

I think you should continue this project bro, screw the cash! You put alot of thought into
this project, and time! Don't throw it all away just yet!(Basically, don't be like me with my projects...) And plus, a Zelda themed Fangame(without the Zelda) just seems silly.

But who am I to tell you what to do, the answer will revile itself in time young grasshopper.

« Reply #944 on: April 05, 2009, 01:04:36 am »
My only advice is to do what you want to do. Don't focus too much on what a community wants and expects from you. Too many projects don't get completed because they focus too much on what a community wants rather than what they personally want. This community has seen what you are able to accomplish, and it would be a shame to see such talent go to waste.

No matter which option you choose, you will still have the continual support from everyone at this community.
« Reply #945 on: April 05, 2009, 07:00:14 am »
Heres the way I see it: No matter how many of us give our opinion on this, we can't possibly know the subtleties of this situation well enough to really know what you should do. The only one who can do that is you, since you're the one who knows this project.

Having said that, I'd still like to give my opinion.  :P

With an original game, the problem is that you've already developed this game as a Zelda game. All of the gameplay is based on Zelda, much of the artwork, etc. The foundation of it has been based on Zelda. If you chose to make it an original work, just avoiding looking like a Zelda clone might require so much extra work that you pretty much have to rebuild from the ground up...which might actually be totally worth it to start something of your own.

If you keep the fangame (LoZ: ShadowGazer), you'd have the satisfaction of finishing a game, but there would be no profits.

The original work might still give you the satisfaction of finishing a game, but you could actually take it somewhere.

One final thing, though...whatever you do, do what you WANT to do with it. The last thing you want to do is make a decision that will take the art from the game, and the passion that you've put into developing it. If changing it into an original game would hurt your ability to appreciate the process, to enjoy making the game, and be satisfied when it's done, don't do it. The same goes for the fangame: if simply making a Zelda fangame isn't enough anymore, and you'd be more fullfilled with an original work, go with that.

So what I'm saying is, maybe don't make the choice on the money aspect, make it based on which would fulfill you more. If money isn't a factor, which would you rather do: something completely your own or an individual spin on a well-loved franchise? And that's a hard question.
« Reply #946 on: April 05, 2009, 02:56:55 pm »
Dunno if you've decided yet, but I vote for Zelda! Seems way too much work went into it to be dropped.
the a o d c
« Reply #947 on: April 05, 2009, 03:18:24 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Dunno if you've decided yet, but I vote for Zelda! Seems way too much work went into it to be dropped.
Amen to that.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #948 on: April 05, 2009, 05:26:28 pm »
Amen to that.
Second'd
« Reply #949 on: April 08, 2009, 06:05:47 pm »
This is quite a difficult question to answer and I know what it is like :3

You began this game as a fan-game because Zelda is a known and successful franchise, no doubt about that.

However, once things get into more "professional" hands like being paid to make a game or make money off an original creation, THAT is awesome... however the problem is not many go that far.

But to be honest with you, go back with your fan-game, creating your own stuff may put you off temporarily and go with your original plans.
If your original plans DO fail as a fan-game, you know that it wasn't meant to be and you can simply turn it into your own title and have the game finished with some graphical changes :)

Since you do not know where to turn, keep turning in your original direction, yes a professional career is awesome and rewarding but sometimes you need to keep your original pace to keep your ideas intact.

Hell, sometimes when I am drawing or thinking of what to do next, I try the unthinkable and silliest ways to do it, but in the end I have a lot to show for it and I have more roads and possibilities to explore, just let your mind do the wandering, not others :3

I am the founder and creator of Unicorns Lair on this fan-game site and I just wanted to tell you, go in the direction you are comfortable with most because in the end, whether original or fan-based, you will have game development experience regardless, that and its a comfort zone you can tackle later too.

I wish you luck and hope things get better for you :3

~Janet Merai
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #950 on: April 09, 2009, 06:38:24 pm »
  • Idk
What is the progress of your Zelda Game? XD

How do i do so the item box is at the same place all the time? im using game maker 7.0 pro
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:05:35 pm by 4Sword »
« Reply #951 on: April 19, 2009, 03:28:35 am »
  • alastair
What is the progress of your Zelda Game? XD
Are you serious?

Pro tip: Read posts that would come before your reply.
  • alastair

kuroki

« Reply #952 on: April 22, 2009, 05:53:46 pm »
I've just read all the 64 pages of this topic!!  :D

Amazing job!
« Reply #953 on: April 23, 2009, 09:22:17 pm »
I want to know if you coded or found a engine for this game. I want to see how you did it cause it looks sweet :)

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #954 on: April 23, 2009, 09:46:19 pm »
  • Xiphirx
I want to know if you coded or found a engine for this game. I want to see how you did it cause it looks sweet :)

Coded.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #955 on: April 28, 2009, 10:24:22 pm »
Is this even still in production? I havent heard anything about it in a long time.

• The Untold Legacy
« Reply #956 on: April 29, 2009, 11:26:13 pm »
Does the demo work for Macs. That would be nice if it did. But don't stop just to make a mac version. keep going it is awesome.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #957 on: April 30, 2009, 12:42:20 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Is this even still in production? I havent heard anything about it in a long time.
You should sort of read the posts.

http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3937.msg376274#msg376274

And then...

http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3937.msg376797#msg376797

Maybe we should lock this thread again >_>?

Hoffy.
« Reply #958 on: May 01, 2009, 06:48:23 am »
Actually I've been wondering if King Mob has decided to make an IP of it or continue with the Zelda Fangame. Because it has been a while since he asked our opinions.
The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - l...
« Reply #959 on: May 11, 2009, 07:48:04 am »
Okay, guys, I've made my decision. Sorry to keep you hanging on.

I have decided to turn The Shadowgazer into an original game. That means The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is no more.

I know this won't be popular with everyone and, believe me, it wasn't a particularly easy decision to make, but what started as a little love letter to my favourite game series has become quite an involved hobby, and as much as I want to see someone actually finish a full-length Zelda fan game, I'd be crazy not to do something more with mine - particularly given the kind of interest it has attracted lately...

That, and the fact that I'm genuinely more enthused about a new game than I've ever been about the fan game. :D

I understand the concerns about the amount of work this will now mean, but I wouldn't say I've found there to be a lot of work I'd already done that has gone to waste - I'll need to adapt a lot of the custom sprite work, sure, but the engine will pretty much stay as is. Music, on the other hand, don't know what I'm gonna do about that yet...! :P

I'll prepare an 'official statement' (lol) to greet visitors to the Shadowgazer website and my YouTube channel, and try and mitigate any backlash with the promise that The Shadowgazer will be back, better than before.

Don't know where its new home will be yet - my own domain, most likely - but I'll let you guys know as soon as it has one. And I want to thank you guys for your support over the years - I don't think anyone who hasn't attempted something like this would understand how much feedback and support is needed just to keep you motivated, and I probably would have given up a long time ago if I had kept it to myself. I think sometimes people underestimate that. So, thanks again. :D

See you around.

KM
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 78 queries.