Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda GBC Engine *NEW 1.2 UPDATE*  (Read 25494 times)

Re: Zelda GBC Engine *NEW 1.1 UPDATE*
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 07:15:09 pm »
Actually we are fine on graphics for now. However we are still looking for a music composer. The position is open if you want it.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 07:42:27 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
I'd love it, but I can't compose, lol
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Re: Zelda GBC Engine *NEW COOP UPDATE*
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 02:49:49 am »
It is now the moment you have all been waiting for...... another update. :D

Apologies for the delay in updating but we have a special treat for you this time. If you want to know why we had some delays in updating download this!

http://download446.mediafire.com/ls4j66sh6hvg/0k495a2kg2s1cku/Coop.exe

You might want to get three friends to help you try it. 

Backspace - Minimap
Tilde - Open chat
Ctrl - Send chat
Chat - Type "/fps" for a surprise 

So yeah, that's why we're delaying 1.2. Since Lacewing works to near perfection in the engine now, we're looking to comment it and fix it all up so you can make your own multiplayer Zelda games!

Note: We won't be releasing every single Lacewing bit to you. Sorry, but we've got to keep SOME things to ourselves 

Note 2: We'll also be releasing a singleplayer version without the fancy Lacewing code.

Just in case some of you here at ZFGC are wondering what Lacewing is, Lacewing is a networking extention for Clickteams'  Multimedia Fusion 2 program :D

Have fun and please feel free to comment, we love feed back. Please keep in mind that this coop engine is in the early stages and we know it is still kind of buggy. Do try to keep that in mind.

Also in case you have missed it in the last announcement here a link to our new blog site. Please come check it out.

http://doubleteam.awestruckdesign.com/world/?page_id=2

Zelda GBC Engine *NEW Update 2/8/11*
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 04:31:51 am »
Do you like Hyrule? We like Hyrule in all its sexy GBC+ Style glory.

HYRULE!!! <==== CHECK IT OUT!!!
****Warning 56k image********

DoubleTeam :D

P.S. We would like someone *cough* DJVenom *cough* to help us with the dungeon entrances.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:48:47 am by link125 »
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 12:14:20 pm »
You have tiling errors.

One dungeon still has the old NES entrance.

Look like all the little green trees have a brown box under them, which is bad for the ones on grass.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 01:20:32 pm »
  • .越//

One dungeon still has the old NES entrance.

One?! there are still many left lol

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 02:37:54 pm »
@Theforeshadower  Yes thank you we know about the tiling errors. We know we are still a little ways off from 100% finished with this map. Also we know about the dungeon entrances, this is why we asked DJVenom for help with the entrances.

But you have to admit right now it still looks pretty epic :D

Re: Zelda GBC Engine *NEW 1.2 UPDATE*
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 12:41:16 am »
New 1.2 update!

Check the first post for more information
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 06:01:13 pm »
Just wanted to point out a little glitch. If you equip the Magic Rod on Z and the Boomerang on X, then while swimming, if you use the boomerang, Link will start walking on the water and his collisions will be messed up.
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 02:27:07 pm »
Gotta love that dungeon theme , this is great and has given me motivation! Although i do have to point out a few errors.

1.The Items in the HUD seem to remain during a whiteout and i'm not sure if that's how it is.
2.Your collisions aren't exactly spot on but nevertheless i seem to be struggling with collisions in my game.
3.I think the sound continues when the game window is inactive.
4.There is no 'slow' diagonal movement  like in the original game.
5.The charged sword loses its power during moving screens.
6.The rain seems a little out of place.
Nubcake now uses Purebasic!
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 06:22:38 am »
Just wanted to point out a little glitch. If you equip the Magic Rod on Z and the Boomerang on X, then while swimming, if you use the boomerang, Link will start walking on the water and his collisions will be messed up.
Thanks, we're currently fixing up other issues with swimming as well.

1.The Items in the HUD seem to remain during a whiteout and i'm not sure if that's how it is.
Yes I know. I have been trying to fix with little success. Must have to do with the order of events or timing of layer changes we have for the menu coding.

2.Your collisions aren't exactly spot on but nevertheless i seem to be struggling with collisions in my game.
I'm curious to see where you think the collisions aren't perfect. A couple of print screens will be great because I am aware that some collisions are a few pixels out of place.

3.I think the sound continues when the game window is inactive.
I'm certain I changed it before release. Are you sure?

4.There is no 'slow' diagonal movement  like in the original game.
We have had other people comment about that. We will make sure it's fixed asap.

5.The charged sword loses its power during moving screens.
Will be fixed.

6.The rain seems a little out of place.

That's because we are using an animation for the rain. We may investigate coding the rain particles and making it so the droplet effects don't form on certain tiles (such as holes). But however we may not do this due to the amount of work it would probably take just to fix a minor aesthetic inconsistency.
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 02:23:58 pm »
At the start of the game if you move over to the pot or edge on the left it won't allow you to move a little more pixels in which i thought suggests 16*16 tile collisions?
I'm sure the sound continues when the game window is inactive.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 12:13:42 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
found a bug with the hookshot

to recreate this simply rapidly press the assigned button for the hook shot (at least thats how i did it)

EDIT:
also when you reset the sounds and music from before keep playing :/
EDIT2:
if you do it heading north on that pot it ALWAYS happens no matter what you do.
It seems to happen if you are in close proximity to a pot and another solid while facing north. no other direction seems to give the same issue.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 12:18:09 am by Antidote »
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 04:49:09 pm »
no item can be placed in the first slot of the inventory for Z.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: Zelda GBC+ Engine *NEW 1.2 UPDATE*
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 05:45:54 pm »
Hi guys, little update. I wanted to bump this up. Even though we're not quite done with version 1.2.1 yet, I wanted to say a few things so this isn't forgotten. First of all, this project began in September 2010. It's been a year and a half since we started, and though we've made progress, we still have a long way to go before we can call our GBC+ engine complete.

It's been a difficult and challenging journey. Half of Doubleteam is now too busy to remain active. Link125 is the only one I've seen in the past two months, but we're still working no matter how slow and trying things get. I've learned a lot about programming in Multimedia Fusion 2 along the road here. Sometimes we'd get stuck and quit working for a few weeks, only to come back at some random time and have a "Eureka!" moment. I think the most important thing for me is motivation, and motivation comes from teammates supporting eachother every step of the way. If there's something I get stuck on, Link125 takes a look and somehow comes up with a way, and vice versa. If he starts on something, I'll wake up in the morning and see it, and understand what he's trying to do and finish it. (Roc's Feather)

Anyway, you can probably expect to see GBC+ Engine v1.2.1 within 2 months. For now, here's an alpha version that has the Roc's Feather, a very early Octorok AI, and a signpost with some text. Still don't have the right font yet, it's a work in progress. Oh and you'll see Farore in the house. She doesn't say anything yet either.

-Unzip sounds and put sounds folder and engine.ini in the same place as the exe. You'll need the sounds folder for, well, sounds, and you'll need the ini file if you want to use any items.

P.S. A final word. This entire project is stored and collaborated on using dropbox, and my God has it been useful! I highly recommend it. Possibly, the head of the ZFGC Community Project could set up a sort of ZFGC box. I love it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:51:41 pm by Jeod »
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 06:03:36 pm »
  • Sorry, I'm French !
I think it's very good, but i have a bug with the jump at the south east :
I'm using the Hooskshoot over the river, and when i want to across the water, I jumped, but for Link, i don't touch the water, i still walking in the water ... I through against obstacle ...

I tried to do again this bug.

( Sorry i'm not English ^^" )
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:07:03 pm by Mack »

Jeod

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 06:49:55 pm »
I don't understand what you're saying. Can you post a screenshot or a video? Also, keep in mind that I posted an ALPHA version. This means there are obviously going to be a lot of bugs.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 07:01:56 pm »
  • Sorry, I'm French !

I was here, and i jump in the water.
But Link didn't finish his jump and, before to touch the water, he stop his jump, and he cannot move up and down, and when he move left and right, i can trought obstacle.

I didn't succeed to reproduce the bug ...
But, I try again.

Even it's an Alpha, I have find a bug, so I say it ...

Jeod

Re: Zelda GBC+ Engine
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 08:21:42 pm »
Thank you for reporting it anyway, I appreciate that. I'll try to reproduce it but chances are it's been fixed since I updated the cliff jumping code.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:25:59 pm by Jeod »

Jeod

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 03:29:10 pm »
Update: Text engine's been started on, but we're still brainstorming the best way to do it. We want the whole text idea to be simple code, but we also want the user to be able to easily add text ini files that the engine can read from. Might expand on this later, but the basic idea is to allow for easy text swapping and easy localization of a game using this engine.

• Each textbox event in the game will have a numerical "flag" associated with it
  • Based on a 'language' option, the game will choose from a series of ini files with acronyms for the language i.e. eng.ini, spa.ini, ger.ini, etc
  • A 'flag' will point to a group in the ini file, and a secondary flag would be determined by performing checks in the game (for example if you have a certain item yet). The secondary flag would then point to a name, and the text associated with it would be the value. Obviously, semicolons and equal signs would be ineligible as text here.
We're also looking into a good way to use colored text. BBCode is a simple thing for the end user to use, but the complexities arise when we try to program this into the engine. (Writing the actual colored text)

By the way, one of my goals here is to have a fully functional recode of 'The Legend of Zelda' NES game up to the end of the first dungeon, just to show what Multimedia Fusion is capable of in terms of Zelda. (If Quest for Power wasn't enough)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:30:50 pm by Jeod »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 74 queries.

anything