Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda ALTTP3D [Testing WW Outset Island]  (Read 46227 times)

Zelda ALTTP3D [Testing WW Outset Island]
« on: August 29, 2012, 03:40:14 am »
I think I will try to use WW rips as a base to build ALTTP Hyrule... the models and textures are beautiful... I wished I had more time and patience to work on it myself.. but.. I like this one! Nintendo rocks!

I was tired of testing the game on a horrible incomplete area.. so.. I found a great rip of Hyrule castle from WW to play in it.. and.. let me say.. it feels.. AWESOME!!! some camera issues here and there.. and the stairs doesn't work as they should.. but... as a placeholder it is amazing...!!! it gives a better idea of how it will feel inside the dungeons!!! Hope you love it as much as I do!

It has been a long time since I had updates, well.. I have been slowly working on it.. more than I wished.. but it is still going on
I have been testing random stuff.. I recently tried a terrain generator... I think I overused it and created a HUGE open land.. and.. I loved it.. I spent a lot of toime going nowhere.. because.. it feels so damn exciting... like if you are traveling on your quest.. I dn't know if it is convenient to use such a huge world.. but it reminds me of the great adventure I had with ALTTP as a kid...
don't mind the little heart on the corner.. is a placeholder for some stuff I am testing.. :P

it's sure been a long time since last update.. I have been really busy at work and certifications, hope to get back on track!!
this is just a small random screen, showing how it looks with different texture for the grass.. and I tweaked a little the lighting engine

A comparison of two Link from ALTTP models I have, they share pretty much everything and want to use one of them for my ALTTP3D project... what do you guys think?

A second comparison.. so you can see the differences between the 2 models

Testing textures.. trying to get the model done for a second Demo Test with this model.. nothing much will be included besides this model.. trying to get a classic disney prince feeling.. mostly like prince Phillip from sleeping beauty

Just some artwork based on the main model.. how I think the original artwork should have looked like based on the in game sprites

EDIT sep/26/2012

I am uploading the first very early demo of this little game.. so you could complain about everything.. give me ideas and overall.. just some review of what is going on with this..
hope you like the start of this project

What you can do:
Move around
use sword and shield
lift and throw objects
move some block around with action button
attack enemies
Z targeting

download:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1m5kexwbx0t1/n/LTTP03_zip

controls:
arrow keys - move
A - Shield
S - Item
D - Sword
F - Action button
space - Z targeting

more:
+ and - : change bombs and hammer
numbers : change stats
R : reset

Woah.. it's been a really long time since the good old days of ZFGC... I went from this place a long time ago.. eventually visiting and checking for updates.. but didn't participated actively until now..
If you remember the old ZFGC I worked on some GM 3D demos, and worked with some of the old folks from the community in some 3d projects that never came to light, one of them was LTTP3D.. we never really made much work together... but I never abandoned that idea.. and in these yes I have been working on and off on my own throwing some stuff  together.. because I really want to see it finished someday.. right now I feel it just doesn't meet the requirements for a quality demo.. and don't know when it will.. but I think it is worth to upload some pictures for review and comments from you guys!.. so enjoy!!

You may viist my DA page.. where I often update with screens or designs
http://xtremeexe.deviantart.com/gallery/38459099#

The main character, I like the pink haired hero, and love the in game style, I don't think it looks childish.. it has a unique style that I love

Old screenshots showing the main character and various actions

Some of the latest screens, showing the red mail and the titan's mitt

Old screens.. showing different expressions of the main character, with the old solid textures

Hope you like it guys!

Click here to view on the site.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:09:39 pm by xtremeexe »
  • Deviantart Page

Antidote

>.>
Re: [Screenshots] The Legend of Zelda ALTTP3D
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 03:50:33 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
I smell an Akira Toriyama fan :3
Dude that looks awesome!!! Excellent work.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 03:55:02 am »
haha, thanks! yes, I am an akira toriyama fan.. you know when I was a kid Dragon Ball was such a big hit and the SNES was at the top so when I used to play LTTP at a friends house, with no manual nearby and no previous experience with any ther Zelda, I imagined the little hero as a -kid goku like- character, as it was chubby and small, and had a lot of expressions. So, since then I portrayed the hero of LTT as this
  • Deviantart Page
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 04:01:20 am »
The graphics of the game look like a seamless blend between Wind Waker and A Link to the Past. I didn't think that the look of those two games could be combined like that. It's nice to see you back and best of luck towards the continued progress of the game your are making.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 06:55:39 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
This looks rather awesome. I am intrigued.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 10:54:59 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I'm impressed by the modelling done on this project. I can't wait to see more!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 11:43:09 am »
  • It's the grineer
WOW. Just WOW. ALTTP was my favorite Zelda game EVER. I hope that this will be a great game.
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 07:24:56 pm »
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past in 3D? You have my attention.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:14 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Damn, that looks really sweet. I'd love to see it in action.
Just awesome!

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni

Koh

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 12:21:35 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
I'm surprised you gave him fuchsia hair XD.  It's really because of the way they used the colors on the sprite then--the artwork depicts him with his natural brown hair.  Also, you say the facial expressions are older, but Link is really supposed to have Blue Eyes, not brown, and the Fighter's Sword is supposed to have a blue hilt...other than those, I like the graphical style.

I've never been one that'd think you can update a game from 2D to 3D without losing SOMETHING.  I have a feeling it's going to be the dungeon setups.  Things would have to be changed around a ton to make the old dungeon setups work in a way that'd accomodate 3D, which will no doubt completely change some parts.  Whether this change is good or bad I cannot say, but it definitely won't feel the same.

That's not to say this isn't a good project!  I like the concept and what I see so far, but 2D to 3D usually doesn't end well...Final Fantasy 4 on the DS just looked awful, and super pixelated and jpeged.  The Higher Resolution 2D remake released on the PSP (along with the Interlude and it's sequel, The After Years) was far better.  Perhaps that's what A Link to the Past needs.  Not a 3D remake, but an enhanced 2D remake.

The only way I can see 3D working without giving up something would be to make it play exactly like it used to, meaning it plays in the top-down fashion like before, but the world is fully rendered in 3D and stuff.  Then when it's cutscene time or something, it could zoom in to show the characters talking and stuff.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:25:43 pm by dlbrooks33 »
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 08:11:37 pm »
I'm surprised you gave him fuchsia hair XD.  It's really because of the way they used the colors on the sprite then--the artwork depicts him with his natural brown hair.  Also, you say the facial expressions are older, but Link is really supposed to have Blue Eyes, not brown, and the Fighter's Sword is supposed to have a blue hilt...other than those, I like the graphical style.

I've never been one that'd think you can update a game from 2D to 3D without losing SOMETHING.  I have a feeling it's going to be the dungeon setups.  Things would have to be changed around a ton to make the old dungeon setups work in a way that'd accomodate 3D, which will no doubt completely change some parts.  Whether this change is good or bad I cannot say, but it definitely won't feel the same.

That's not to say this isn't a good project!  I like the concept and what I see so far, but 2D to 3D usually doesn't end well...Final Fantasy 4 on the DS just looked awful, and super pixelated and jpeged.  The Higher Resolution 2D remake released on the PSP (along with the Interlude and it's sequel, The After Years) was far better.  Perhaps that's what A Link to the Past needs.  Not a 3D remake, but an enhanced 2D remake.

The only way I can see 3D working without giving up something would be to make it play exactly like it used to, meaning it plays in the top-down fashion like before, but the world is fully rendered in 3D and stuff.  Then when it's cutscene time or something, it could zoom in to show the characters talking and stuff.

Thanks for the commentaries, I think that if you want a more LTTP feeling the character should look like the in game sprites.. and I just love how he looks like, that is what I am aiming for.. you are right about some colors.. I think that a revision of the LTTP color pallete would be a good idea, maybe I could implement a camera that works as a top down view just like the original LTTP, but for now I personally prefer the 3rd person view in zelda games.
Hope someday not too far I could post a demo to show you how it feels to play and the LTTPish feeling it has.

Thanks everyone for your comments!
  • Deviantart Page
Re: [Screenshots - FIRST EARLY DEMO] The Legend ...
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 04:27:08 am »
EDIT sep/26/2012

I am uploading the first very early demo of this little game.. so you could complain about everything.. give me ideas and overall.. just some review of what is going on with this..
hope you like the start of this project

What you can do:
Move around
use sword and shield
lift and throw objects
move some block around with action button
attack enemies
Z targeting

download:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1m5kexwbx0t1/n/LTTP03_zip
  • Deviantart Page

Antidote

>.>
Re: [FIRST EARLY DEMO] The Legend of Zelda ALTTP...
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 07:13:45 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
Decent first demo, but you can get stuck inside the bombs if you lay several at once.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 07:42:35 am »
I LOVE the art style on this!!! ALTTP is my fave Zelda game too, so this is just awesome for me!
Great demo so far!  :)
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 12:44:12 pm »
  • 笑い男
Why do people think using such file hosts is normal or something? Use something like mediafire or make use of google drive or dropbox or something that is normal and not !@#$% for hosting and sharing such files.

Put down two bombs  without moving and then try to move: cant
I don't think it makes sense to have to do more work (double tap) to run when running would seemingly be the default action everyone would use.
Could do with some assistance on moving past objects that you just scrape, instead of coming to a halt because you collide with them (eg still move in the x direction if that direction is empty when moving diagonally, ie in both the x and y directions, so in the end you end up not moving in only the y direction, being able to continue to move in the x direction, if only the y direction is blocked and the x one isn't)

Anyway, it looks real nice and plays and is obviously made pretty damn well too. Keep it up!

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

thestig

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 01:09:14 pm »
Improve the Camera AI (sure you're working on this)
Improve the controls or make the HUD make the controls more obvious.
Have some of the actions Link does depend on animation time so you don't go spamming events.
Can somewhat make Link float up in certain areas(against solids or walls) if I spam slashing the sword and walking forward.  (hawthorneluke noted additional details in this regard)

Haha sorry if I sound like I'm nit-picking. To be honest this is pretty fantastic. The 3D models look extremely well made and for the things that seem mostly complete, they seem to work well. So you're probably going to invalidate my thoughts and actually fix everything anyways. ;p

Koh

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 01:47:16 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
The engine is really well made so far, but I do have a few things to point out, besides what people mentioned above:

-The game is way too laggy.  As I started destroying bushes and tall grass, it eased up just a little bit, but it feels like the whole game is in slow motion.  You should look into some optimization methods.  One would be to deactivate things outside the view, and activate only the objects you need, such as walls or enemies.

-Link was able to pick up tall grass.  I feel like they're inheriting from bushes, but make sure they can't be picked up.

-You can hit an enemy through the a wall if you line yourself up with them.

-Link seems a bit stiff when he's charging.  I understand Ocarina of Time was like that too, but you should loosen him up a bit.

-Bombs don't damage enemies.  I'm sure this is because you haven't gotten to it yet, but incase you forgot, here's a reminder :).

-No music D:!  At first, I thought, since there was no music folder, you just had some basic MIDI in here that would play while we test, but it was silent...This is just a pet peeve of mine personally, not a problem with the game.  I feel demos shouldn't be silent music wise, even if they just have placeholder music.

That's all I was able to come up with...but it's coming along great so far!
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 05:32:13 pm »
Thanks everyopne for your cmments and criticism, that is what I was looking for.
Some of your comments are stuff I have on my checklist, and some other things I thought that wereimportant, but if you guys found that as an issue, then I will try to fix it, because in the end I want this project to be played by everyone else and not only by me...
Thanks for your support and reviews!
  • Deviantart Page
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 10:55:32 pm »
  • :D
The only major criticism I have is Link's speed. The game's frame rate was pretty smooth so I don't think it was lagging, but Link's movement speed and animations seemed very slow, as if he was wearing Iron Boots. :P
  • Knighty Games
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 11:15:25 pm »
  • It's the grineer
The only major criticism I have is Link's speed. The game's frame rate was pretty smooth so I don't think it was lagging, but Link's movement speed and animations seemed very slow, as if he was wearing Iron Boots. :P

Yeah, it actually did. You should turn the running speed, into the walking speed, and add a new speed to running.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 77 queries.

anything