Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free MP3 to Midi?  (Read 2861 times)

Free MP3 to Midi?
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:22:19 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...
But, does anyone knows any completely free program that converts MP3 to Midi?
I've tried
TS-Audio mp3 midi converter
and WIDI Professional, both do well what I want, but, I can't freaking save the converted file... >_>
So, does anyone knows of any program that converts MP3 to Midi and lets me save it?
Thank you. ^^
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:29:50 pm by Ricky »

mit

Re: Free MP3 to Midi?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 11:28:16 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
Heh, MP3 to midi, or midi to MP3? Big difference.

If I want to make a midi file an MP3 file, I play it in media player, and record from Midi Synth in Audacity, and save as MP3. And Audacity is completely free.
There's probably a better way, but meh.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 11:30:29 pm »
Heh, MP3 to midi, or midi to MP3? Big difference.

If I want to make a midi file an MP3 file, I play it in media player, and record from Midi Synth in Audacity, and save as MP3. And Audacity is completely free.
There's probably a better way, but meh.
Ooops, fixed (edits), it's MP3 to Midi.
Thanks, and does Audacity also converts MP3 to Midi?

uma

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 11:59:15 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Hah. Mp3 to midi. Thats funny! :D

Sorry, but mp3 to midi is practically impossible! Midi isn't a pre-rendered file like mp3. Midi is actually just a string of code that tells what your sound card to output. Thats why it's editable and sounds different on different computers were as Mp3 is a pre-rendered file that sounds the same on all computers. No matter what(Unless it dosn't support sound, which, in that case, you need to get with times!).

I didn't mean anything with the funny part though... I was kidding about that. It would be nice though if their was a mp3 to midi converter... but thats not possible.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

mit

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 12:01:56 am »
Hah. Mp3 to midi. Thats funny! :D

Sorry, but mp3 to midi is practically impossible! Midi isn't a pre-rendered file like mp3. Midi is actually just a string of code that tells what your sound card to output. Thats why it's editable and sounds different on different computers were as Mp3 is a pre-rendered file that sounds the same on all computers. No matter what(Unless it dosn't support sound, which, in that case, you need to get with times!).

I didn't mean anything with the funny part though... I was kidding about that. It would be nice though if their was a mp3 to midi converter... but thats not possible.
There are programs that try their best to convert them, although they mostly don't work all that well. And I don't know of any free ones.

http://www.digital-ear.com/digital-ear/index.asp
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

• Kousou Games

uma

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 12:24:49 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Woah! I thought that was impossible, the way I always hear it. But PAY!? Pshh! I would never pay for an mp3 to midi converter. Though it would be useful to save file space, but thats why we have mp3 compressers, am I right? :P
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 09:20:03 am »
I believe audacity can do it.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 11:14:03 am »
I downloaded a WAV to MIDI converter some time ago, but I deleted it - It didn't work very nice... Anyway, maybe an MP3 to MIDI converter would be more efficient than a WAV to MIDI one, wouldn't it?

mit

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 04:29:28 pm »
I downloaded a WAV to MIDI converter some time ago, but I deleted it - It didn't work very nice... Anyway, maybe an MP3 to MIDI converter would be more efficient than a WAV to MIDI one, wouldn't it?
There isn't any difference, I mean, it just loads the MP3 into memory as a WAV.
I believe audacity can do it.
I don't... it can load midi files but do nothing with them, but it can't convert wav to midi, unless my version is out of date. Which it probably is.
Random Highscore table:

• Kousou Games
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 06:04:42 pm »
  • [sic]
AmazingMIDI. I used to have one that was much better, with many more options and stuff, but I have looked for it all over the net and can't find it for the life of me.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 09:26:18 pm »
Thank you, Kame, AmazingMIDI did well my job, I can't wait to see how will what I did look in my project. xP
And thank you, everyone.
Woah! I thought that was impossible, the way I always hear it. But PAY!? Pshh! I would never pay for an mp3 to midi converter. Though it would be useful to save file space, but thats why we have mp3 compressers, am I right? :P
I don't think so, I believe it is impossible to make voices nor MIDI's quality is far from being as good as a MP3.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 02:26:20 pm »
AmazingMIDI. I used to have one that was much better, with many more options and stuff, but I have looked for it all over the net and can't find it for the life of me.
This one converts to MIDI of one instrument only... that's why it's not so good. Somebody told me that there are some converters that can perfectly convert complex songs with many instruments, but they're very expensive (like thousands of dollars...)
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 02:35:37 pm »
  • IBV
First you say it's really hard or impossible and then when you realize it's possible you don't want to support the programmer who did all the hard work you thought was impossible? Shame on you for being so cheap, and just want stuff for free of charge.

This one converts to MIDI of one instrument only... that's why it's not so good. Somebody told me that there are some converters that can perfectly convert complex songs with many instruments, but they're very expensive (like thousands of dollars...)
And they have the right to sell them expensive. After all, they put a lot of hard work in it. As long as they would release it under a free license such as GPL I'd be fine with paying it if I ever needed it and didn't want to or couldn't program my own or do a MIDI manually.

My advice to you Ricky is that you do the MIDI manually by listening to the MP3/WAV and create the notes manually. It will be more correct than any computer doing it. If you can't hear notes you could always ask someone else to do it (not me however ;) ).
My signature is empty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 64 queries.

anything