Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hane. Character Bio Update.  (Read 6601 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Hane. Character Bio Update.
« on: July 09, 2007, 04:11:28 am »
  • Silly cat!
Hane

Character Biography
Hane is a young orphan child living on the streets of a small village, outside a 1500's London. A quiet boy, the only friend he has is Krylia, a young girl of Hane's age who pities him for his state of living and lack of family and friends. Due to his current state, Hane often finds himself stealing to survive, but his overall intentions towards people remain positive, but most of the people around him are afraid of him, and often refrain from talking to him. He begins to question himself, wondering if there is something that makes him seem intimidating, and turns to the church for assistance. For his own reasons he embarks to discover, upon entering the church, Hane becomes stricken with panic and anger. Hane burns down his village and kills most of the inhabitants, including Krylia's parents. He awakens in an underground dungeon, with Krylia sitting in the corner crying and staring at Hane's scarred body, having no idea what has just happened to him... but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

In my opinion, the story of Hane is fearsome one. It deals with a lot of issues that may seem somewhat twisted, angry and most of all, confusing. The story itself doesn't necessarily answer all of the questions presented to the reader. It leaves the most suitable questions to be pondered by the readers. That said, the story travels into life-threatening, world-impending, and amazingly bizarre territory. It's a tale I've been eager to tell for many years, and I await the pleasure of doing so.

FAQ

The story is too long. Do I have to read it?

Well, no. But I would like you to. If not then just comment on the pretty pictures, or something.

Is this just some Wanderer rip-off?

I don't think so. I've had this character in my mind for a few years. I've written a few documents on his life, but this is the first time I've made him public.

He does look a bit like the Wanderer...

Maybe, but he wasn't inspired by the Wanderer in any way.

EMO LOL

I don't think he's emo. If anything he's a bit gothic, but otherwise it's all in his character design.

EMO LOL

STFU, please.

K

Thankyou.

What's with the scar?

I don't know. It looks cool.

Is one of his eyes blind?

Yes, actually. Good observation.

Why does he use guns?

Because guns make a bang sound and are also very entertaining to use in media.

Ah, I see.

That's not a question, no matter how frequently it is used.

Art:

Old Art:

Wallpaper:

Signatures:

Copy into your signature today!

A Chapter in the Story of Hane
   Everyone has a reason to run away from their problems. For Hane and Krylia, it was no different. They were only teenagers after all, and they had lost their parents, the only people they could truly depend on. Who could blame them for running away from their village? Beginning a new life somewhere else with each other seemed like the only thing they could do.
   As Hane walked along the forest path, he couldn’t stop thinking about what he had done, and what possessed him to do it. The thought of not being in control of himself overwhelmed him. What exactly gave Hane a reason to burn down his own village and kill most of the inhabitants? Hane knew it didn’t seem like something he would do, it wasn’t like him. The fire killing Krylia’s parents made him feel worse. Hane didn’t know whether Krylia had already forgiven him, but he didn’t want to talk to her to make sure... keeping her safe would be enough, he thought.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœIt’s not far from here,’ Krylia muttered as she stepped along the silent path, Hane right on her trail. ‘The border is beyond Dhampir’s Castle. We’ll be safe once we pass there.’
   As the couple progressed through the misted castle grounds, the night sky slowly advanced from the peach-red twilight, to the fearful dusk. Krylia suddenly stopped. She turned and looked at Hane. Hane knew Krylia’s face well enough to know she was worried. ‘You know... you don’t have to come with me... I can take care of myself’ Krylia said softly.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœI know,’ Hane replied abruptly. ‘But if we’re going to die, we may as well die together.’ Hane knew Krylia didn’t like hearing about death, but he also knew it was as good a time as any to make sure she knew what they were getting themselves into. Krylia then sighed, and continued walking.
   Neither of them spoke while moving along the deserted road, they were only capable of valuing the silence, as both knew it wouldn’t last. As Krylia led Hane through the castle grounds, Hane used the time to take a decent view of Dhampir’s Castle. As it stood in the moonlight, Hane noticed clouds looming above the main turret. Many of the trees surrounding it were dead; the only leaves were the black bats perching on the branches. He knew it looked eerie, and he knew it looked creepy; but Hane couldn’t decide if he was afraid or not. As of the present moment, he was focused on protecting Krylia and escaping.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœWe’re coming! We’re coming!’ yelled a distant voice. Hane and Krylia quickly turned to the direction of the voices. They noticed an angry mob of villagers were heading towards them. Some of the villagers had lit torches, others had muskets. In the flickering light he could see that every man, woman and child in the mob had blood dripping from their mouths. It didn’t even take Hane a second to realise that they had all become Vampires. ‘We’re coming to get you!’ the crowd yelled.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœOh, diddums...’ Hane said under his breath.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœIt’s funny how they all became what they couldn’t destroy.’ Krylia muttered.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœWe should probably start moving’. Hane took hold of Krylia’s hand, and the two sprinted into the woods. As Hane entered the woods, he reached into his supplies bag, grabbed a musket and handed it to Krylia. Krylia stared at Hane for a second.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœI don’t want to kill anyone’ Krylia said worried.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœYou don’t have to’
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœSo why are you giving this to me?’ Krylia asked.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœJust... don’t die.’ Krylia sighed and looked at Hane displeasingly. She didn’t believe in violence, she knew there were better ways to solve problems. But at the same time, she knew the demonic forces possessing the villagers wouldn’t struggle to kill her. With hesitation, she followed Hane; hoping she wouldn’t have to use the musket.
   Hane and Krylia ran aimlessly through the forest. Hane could only see Dhampir’s Castle faintly through the canopy, but what he could see was enough to guide him there. They could both hear gunshots in the distance, which forced the couple to run faster. Hane knew it would be pointless to turn around and fight the villagers, as he was outnumbered.
   His heart was beating rapidly as he dragged Krylia out of the villagers’ sight. As he dashed through the ghostly tree trunks, he realised a young boy had already seen them.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœThere! Over there!’ the boy bellowed as he pointed at Hane and Krylia. The young boy then hurried over to the couple and took hold of Krylia... it almost seemed like he was trying to chew through her neck. As Krylia tried to fight him off, Hane took Krylia’s musket and shot his head. The boy dropped to the ground with half a face. It was a horrible sight, but Hane knew he had to do it to protect Krylia. He hoped she knew that too.
   Not saying anything, Krylia continued to run for her life as Hane reloaded the musket. He knew he didn’t have enough bullets to wipe out all of the villagers, so escaping was obviously a higher priority than molesting clueless townspeople. As Hane looked ahead, he was relieved to realise that Dhampir’s Castle was close, and he would only need to run for a little longer. Maybe they’ll escape after all, he thought.
   To their dismay, Krylia tripped on a tree’s root, causing them both to fall to the ground. Krylia, as she screamed, struggled to remove her leg from the tree’s grip. Hane assisted her, but by the time they were both standing up, the horde of deranged villages were only several metres away. They were too tired to run, not that it would be any help anyway. Hane shot a few villagers, but there were far too many to pull off a decent attack.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœHane... what are we going to do?’ Krylia screamed.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœThere’s nothing we can do’ Hane replied. Hane felt Krylia grasp his hand, she was breathing heavily. Hane’s thoughts were everywhere. Hane was afraid; at the minute of his death, fear consumed him. Maybe he deserved to end his life at this point... maybe Hane deserved to go to Hell. But as he felt all of his thoughts sweeping through his mind, he decided to ignore everything.
   Hane realised something vital on that split second before his death. He realised that he loved Krylia, and he was sure that she loved him. Hane wanted to spend eternity with her, but he knew that such a destiny would never take a place in his life. He knew there was still time to tell her before bullets, scythes and sickles were driven into his body, but his own cowardice pulled him back.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœWill I see you in heaven?’ Krylia asked.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœHeaven is only for angels’ Hane replied. Hane closed his eyes, hoping that death wouldn’t hurt. At that time, he felt strange. He had the feeling he had had before he burnt his village to ashes. Why was he feeling this way...? Hane heard gunshots, and Krylia’s final scream... at that, he knew she had died. Hane wasn’t depressed at this, as he knew his own death would come in short time.
   As each devastating second passed, Hane asked himself ‘Am I dead yet?’... He then realised that he wasn’t dead. He opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed was that he wasn’t standing where he was when he had closed them. He could see the villagers in the distance... what had happened? Did the demons inside of Hane rescue him?
   When the villagers had left the area, Hane sprinted back to where he should have been, and where he should have died. He wondered if Krylia had teleported too.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœKrylia! Krylia!’ he called. He then looked down. He wished he hadn’t. There, lying helplessly, was Krylia... covered in wounds and blood. Hane didn’t know how to feel. Should he be depressed? Should he feel suicidal? Should he feel vengeful? Hane didn’t feel anything. There was simply no emotion within his mind.
   Hane was shaking; he was hoping that everything that had just happened wasn’t real. He was hoping that he wasn’t real. Hane sat by a nearby tree, still staring at Krylia’s bleeding, motionless body. As he looked beyond the selfless canopy, he saw the illuminating moon sweep through the night sky.
   What was he to do now? During that night, Hane realised that his mission in life was to protect his best friend. Now that he had already failed, there were no goals... there was nothing left for Hane.
   Ã¢â‚¬ËœKrylia...’ Hane whispered as he lay in the cold soil, amongst the befallen leaves, holding the cold, dead hand of his only love. As tears of despair ran over his shadowy face, he knew that the soul of Krylia had reached Heaven. But Hane was left in sorrow to believe that the demons inside of him would take him to the fiery depths of Hell. Knowing that he would never spend another second with Krylia, he whispered ‘Rest in peace’.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:26:08 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
Re: Hane
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:21:48 am »
Damn Hoffy didn't know you were that creative of a writer. It spoke to me, "vote for me", and I'm like holy hell I think I will if I can't vote for RSB or we can have more than one vote. Very nice Hoffy very nice.
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:41:14 am »
Nice character. For some reason I felt compelled to draw him:

Anyway, LONG story, but very interesting. I don't think he's anything like The Wanderer at all, btw. The hair's kind of emo, but I assume he's hiding his blind eye so it's fine. He's wearing an interesting set of rags though.

What the hell happens at the end of the story? Is he a ghost?

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 04:48:30 am »
  • Silly cat!
Nice character. For some reason I felt compelled to draw him:

Anyway, LONG story, but very interesting. I don't think he's anything like The Wanderer at all, btw. The hair's kind of emo, but I assume he's hiding his blind eye so it's fine. He's wearing an interesting set of rags though.

What the hell happens at the end of the story? Is he a ghost?
Heh, nice picture, although he looks a bit dumb-founded there.

As for the ending... I understood this posting this segment would seem a little bit strange, especially the ending. But it's also one of my favorite parts (it's actually at the beginning of the story, it raises the main complication). Basically Hane has a "Guardian Demon", watching over him, leading him to do what it wants him to do. You later find out that it had to rescue Hane to get what it wanted. I just don't want to go into too much detail :P.

He's wearing an interesting set of rags though.
You're right :/... I'll probably have to give him a different set of clothing.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 07:20:03 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 01:09:32 pm »
I'm not going to say how awesome he is, because to describe how awesome he is would be to use a lot of vulgar and swear words, and I try not to use vulgar or swear words.

Brilliant character. I'm voting him. I dunz care, he's best here so far. He OWNS the competition. Sol is not going to force me into voting for him like I know he's been planning <__<; although, Hoffy, are you big on writing? Because I read a story very, and I mean very similar to this in the old Literature section. Was an earlier version of this story in there by you or something?

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 10:25:26 pm »
  • Silly cat!
I'm not going to say how awesome he is, because to describe how awesome he is would be to use a lot of vulgar and swear words, and I try not to use vulgar or swear words.

Brilliant character. I'm voting him. I dunz care, he's best here so far. He OWNS the competition. Sol is not going to force me into voting for him like I know he's been planning <__<; although, Hoffy, are you big on writing? Because I read a story very, and I mean very similar to this in the old Literature section. Was an earlier version of this story in there by you or something?
Thanks for the comment.

And no, I don't recall ever writing any ancient literature. I don't really remember reading any of it either O_o. I created the story for him about a year ago, just from my imagination. And I'm not even finished with him.

Anyway, it seems I'm not getting too many replies and I feel that is probably because I have too much text. So I might have to look into creating more images now...

Hoffy.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: Hane [UPDATE: WALLPAPER!]
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 01:13:56 am »
  • Silly cat!
Updated w/ wallpaper:

Cool, no?

EDIT: Also signature. See below or above.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:27:44 pm by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 06:07:47 am »

What about Chopik? ;-;
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 01:02:53 pm »

What about Chopik? ;-;

Chopik looks like a Pokemon.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: Hane [UPDATE: WALLPAPER, SIGNATURE!]
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 12:52:25 am »
  • Silly cat!
I guess a lot of you were very intimidated by the huge text ;-;...

Hoffy.
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 09:31:07 am »
  • hehe
he looks abit cartoony in comparison 2 his story
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 09:51:19 am »

Mm, I never noticed until now, but I think you're right. The colour choice is excellent, but the lineart is a little too... yuh-ee.
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 11:21:07 pm »
This story is fantastic, congratulations :) At first I didn't want to read it (you describe a lot, really :P) but I loved it.

The image is very good too, but could be better.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: Hane. Character Bio Update.
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 07:29:58 am »
  • Silly cat!

Mm, I never noticed until now, but I think you're right. The colour choice is excellent, but the lineart is a little too... yuh-ee.
It's more the result of my drawing style. I'm more... cartoony :P.

This story is fantastic, congratulations :) At first I didn't want to read it (you describe a lot, really :P) but I loved it.

The image is very good too, but could be better.
Thanks a loot.

Updated with a...

Character Biography
Hane is a young orphan child living on the streets of a small village, outside a 1500's London. A quiet boy, the only friend he has is Krylia, a young girl of Hane's age who pities him for his state of living and lack of family and friends. Due to his current state, Hane often finds himself stealing to survive, but his overall intentions towards people remain positive, but most of the people around him are afraid of him, and often refrain from talking to him. He begins to question himself, wondering if there is something that makes him seem intimidating, and turns to the church for assistance. For his own reasons he embarks to discover, upon entering the church, Hane becomes stricken with panic and anger. Hane burns down his village and kills most of the inhabitants, include Krylia's parents. He awakens in an underground dungeon, with Krylia sitting in the corner crying and staring at Hane's scarred body, having no idea what has just happened to him... but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

In my opinion, the story of Hane is fearsome one. It deals with a lot of issues that may seem somewhat twisted, angry and most of all, confusing. The story itself doesn't necessarily answer all of the questions presented to the reader. It leaves the most suitable questions to be pondered by the readers. That said, the story travels into life-threatening, world-impending, and amazing bizarre territory. It's a tale I've been eager to tell for many years, and I await the pleasure of doing so.

Hoffy.
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 07:19:36 am »
Congratulations, Hoffy, on winning your match against Flaps! I look forward to next Friday when our characters will go head to head. I've actually been hoping for this match since I first saw the brackets.

The best of luck, man.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 07:28:37 am »
  • Silly cat!
Congratulations, Hoffy, on winning your match against Flaps! I look forward to next Friday when our characters will go head to head. I've actually been hoping for this match since I first saw the brackets.

The best of luck, man.
Yeah, I've been hoping for this match too. Should be interesting, considering our characters are both "serious", so to speak. It's going to be pretty damn epic :D.

Good luck to you :).

Hoffy.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 08:01:01 am »
...new signature...now.  I need it, give it to me.   As I said in the Chopik vs. Hane topic, you have my vote no matter what.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 09:57:04 pm »
  • Silly cat!
There's the new sig... It's a bit sloppy, though.

Hoffy.
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 03:13:45 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Go hane! I voted for you and used the desktop. :P
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 03:17:21 am »

Banner? It kind of sucks, but I don't have Photoshop on this computer, so I had to make it in Flash.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 79 queries.

anything