Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Pokemon Gold/Silver Remakes Teased.  (Read 16118 times)

Re: Pokemon Gold/Silver Remakes Teased.
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 11:37:52 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Huh, where?  Source goddammit!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 11:57:19 pm »
Yeah it's confirmed :D

they better not !@#$% up the games

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 12:09:49 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Wiki Pokemon Entry
Source at the bottom (Nintendo)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 01:09:05 am by Mamoruanime »

Pellican

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 01:07:35 am »
Mamoruanime, you may want to fix your link, the é in the game causes it to cut off.

I can't wait for this! I love Gold and Silver to death, they were probably the best Pokémon games out of the whole series.

I really do hope they make it a full remake and don't try to add any other unnecessary additions like more islands or stupid conditions to catch Pokémon and evolve them. I just want a classic Pokémon game. :)
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 01:29:12 am »
Here's what I hope is kept:

The bank, seriously, I remember using this, I didn't have to loose half my money everytime I lost in battles.

The time system, it's arguable that ruby and saphire had one, it didn't use it like these two did, keep that the same way

the days system, really, it was awesome for it to be tuesday in game and tuesday in our time too.

Well, those were my favorite features in GSC, hope they keep them in the remakes.

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 01:42:16 am »
  • The Mike
As long as everything from the originals is still intact, everyone should be happy. I'm looking forward to this.

• Zelda Eternity

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 01:59:19 am »
  • Silly cat!
I'm happy, but I kind of don't like the Diamond/Pearl style with this game. I sort of hope they fix it up a bit.

It'll be fun going back to Kanto as well :).

Hoffy.
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 03:15:01 am »
The bank, seriously, I remember using this, I didn't have to loose half my money everytime I lost in battles.
Wow, I never knew that the point of Mom's bank was for that reason. Thanks!

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 04:03:04 am »
  • RyuKage2007
One thing I'm looking forward to is the phones, I loved how you'd get calls from old trainers and be able to re-fight them.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:07:19 am by RyuKage2007 »
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 04:38:50 am »
The only thing I don't get is if they will or will not implement the day/night feature again seeing as they left it out of the newer games because of the fact that kids had to stay up late for the features that occurred at the nighttime part of the game but I am not sure if this would really bother me though if left out.
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 07:37:19 am »
  • Silly cat!
The only thing I don't get is if they will or will not implement the day/night feature again seeing as they left it out of the newer games because of the fact that kids had to stay up late for the features that occurred at the nighttime part of the game but I am not sure if this would really bother me though if left out.
Err, there was a day/night system in Diamond/Pearl >_>.

Hoffy.
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 08:01:45 am »
They even made it more a part of the game by adding morning and evening to the cycle. And some pokémon are more frequent during some parts of the day and rare on other parts. Additionally you have pokémon that appear on specific days of the week. And it still had all the day/night events all the previous games had.

Gold/Silver only had a pokémon evolution and some houses where closed.
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 10:30:46 am »

Well I never played diamond/pearl and I remembered some article for ruby and sapphire when it came out and they mentioned why they didn't include the day/night feature so I didn't think they would include it in diamond and pearl because of that reason.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:48:10 am by EliteJason »
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2009, 12:09:44 pm »
Uhm I might be wrong, but I think I remember that ruby, sapphire and emerald had a day/night system. It was FireRed and LeafGreen that didn't have a day/night system, because the originals Red and Blue didn't have a day/night system.

It would also be a problem if they wouldn't include the day/night system. Gold and Silver introduced Espeon and Umbreon, evolutions of Eevee dependent on that system.
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 12:58:12 pm »
Uhm I might be wrong, but I think I remember that ruby, sapphire and emerald had a day/night system. It was FireRed and LeafGreen that didn't have a day/night system, because the originals Red and Blue didn't have a day/night system.

It would also be a problem if they wouldn't include the day/night system. Gold and Silver introduced Espeon and Umbreon, evolutions of Eevee dependent on that system.
There was no day/night system in any of the GBA generation. However, the umbreon and espeon evolutions still required it to be day/night in real life, assuming that you set the clock right at the start of the game.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 03:04:58 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
these games are going to be glorious. Shotgun buying silver!

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2009, 04:35:15 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
I'm buying a new DS just for these :D
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2009, 04:37:28 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Funny thing is, I'll probably end up getting both also.

Gold and Silver were what ruined it for me though :'( not because they were bad games, but because of a statement Nintendo had made when they were released in Japan. They stated that they were going to keep the pokemon names as close to the original names as they could. Sadly they still had some bs name changes, kinda felt betrayed XD (at the time, I had owned the japanese silver... This was a while before it was released in the US... I was already accustomed to the japanese names :\)

ANYWAY. Off of that rant; I kinda lost interest at that point, but this definitely makes me wanna play em again :p Especially considering it's probably going to have all of the newer pokemon too.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 01:07:11 am »
  • Silly cat!

Gold and Silver were what ruined it for me though :'( not because they were bad games, but because of a statement Nintendo had made when they were released in Japan. They stated that they were going to keep the pokemon names as close to the original names as they could. Sadly they still had some bs name changes, kinda felt betrayed XD (at the time, I had owned the japanese silver... This was a while before it was released in the US... I was already accustomed to the japanese names :\)

ANYWAY. Off of that rant; I kinda lost interest at that point, but this definitely makes me wanna play em again :p Especially considering it's probably going to have all of the newer pokemon too.
I agree that the new Pokemon games shouldn't be so similar to the original.

Personally, if I could take control of the series, I'd set the next games in Medieval Japan.

Hoffy.
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2009, 01:37:21 am »

I agree that the new Pokemon games shouldn't be so similar to the original.

Personally, if I could take control of the series, I'd set the next games in Medieval Japan.
Oh my god YES.
the a o d c
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 78 queries.