Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down

Author Topic: SpritingBrad´s sprites  (Read 226480 times)

Re: SpritingBrad´s sprites
« Reply #540 on: June 29, 2018, 01:49:59 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I think both colors look nice but on the Biggoron palette the third skin tone is a little too bright for me, that can make the sprites look flat.

Isn't Daruk a little too big? :p

Daruk is quite big in the game xD As for the color, I did see that the third color was too bright, so I skipped that one. basically I used the first, second, fourth and fifth colors of Biggoron.

Those look great man!  I think I like the more yellow versions best myself.  Also it might just be me, but is the perspective on Daruke a little more top down than the other two Gorons?

The perspective looks alright to me. It seems I get the perspectives wrong since people point them out all the time, is there a way for me to get them right? any pointers?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:44:37 pm by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #541 on: June 30, 2018, 12:10:48 pm »
Second set for sure. They look more like the common BotW Gorons. Having said that, they do vary in colour more in this game, I'm sure I remember seeing some dark brown ones too.

A sheet for these would be cool though, would love to animate them :)

**Edit;

So from what I've seen of various bits of advice from around the internet, MC style sprites tend to look down at an angle, maybe something like 45 degrees or so, from above. What that should translate to when drawing is short legs, and a reasonable amount of the tops of the subject's head. For example, when I was fiddling around making that Kass sprite the other day, I used the legs off of your one, but I took well over 50% of the height off of them. Makes it look like they're being viewed from above, as the full view of the leg is being obscured by the fact that there is more upper leg in the way of the lower leg.

I applied those same general guidelines to your Goron sprite; it's by no means perfect, but kind of shows what I'm getting at.

Note the face being lowered, and the changes to the legs (to the point where you can no longer see them. Gorons are enormous, but with teeny tiny legs. Realistically, you shouldn't really be able to see them at all, but they look strange without at least some feet poking out). There's also some mild changes to shading that help convey angle.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:14:17 pm by Jacob1092 »
« Reply #542 on: June 30, 2018, 01:48:19 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Second set for sure. They look more like the common BotW Gorons. Having said that, they do vary in colour more in this game, I'm sure I remember seeing some dark brown ones too.

A sheet for these would be cool though, would love to animate them :)

Yeah, I have the colors for the dark skinned ones, I'll edit this post with them when I get home. And go ahead and edit them if you like! I believe we should all work together to make these sprites!
« Reply #543 on: June 30, 2018, 02:11:38 pm »
I edited my post above referencing your request for advice with perspective. Hope it's useful!
« Reply #544 on: June 30, 2018, 06:10:32 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I edited my post above referencing your request for advice with perspective. Hope it's useful!

I see what you mean, but to be honest, I've never truly liked the Minish Cap Goron Sprite, and I'll tell you why:

The palette used. I never understood why they were brown when Biggoron and every other goron in previous games were yellow-ish, heck even in BotW they are yellow. In Wind Waker, which style is practically Minish Cap in 3D, the gorons were still yellow.

The front, side and back view all are completely independent, they don´t line up in height. For the side view the arms are longer, the legs and feet are thinner than the front view, as the feet on the front view look extremely large, and on the back view the goron is just shorter than the other two sides. I put a size comparison on the attachment so you see what I mean.

Then the eyes are on the front view shaded while on the side view its one plain color.

I know what you mean when you say the feet should be hidden, but i've never personally liked that, you hardly see anything, which I guess its why they made the feet so large in MC.

The feet I used for the Goron are actually the side view of the MC goron, just tweaked a bit. I edited the sprite based on your edit, and I made different versions of the feet to see which one looks best (I still like the first one XD)

I also made the Goron cross his arms using the Goron Chief sprite from King Mobs's Shadowgazer.
Twilight Princess Link (and others) MC Style
« Reply #545 on: June 30, 2018, 07:51:28 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I made Twilight Princess Link using an animation of adult link I found a long time ago here in ZFGC, though I can´t seem to find the actual post of person who made it, if you find him please tell me so I can credit him. I used Sinkin's BotW Link and also used Twilight Princess Link by Hikolol35 and OoT Link by RedKnightX to make the sprites, and to use the colors. I also put together Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time Link.
« Reply #546 on: June 30, 2018, 08:48:10 pm »
Boop...

Twilight Princess Link teleport animation MC Sty...
« Reply #547 on: July 01, 2018, 11:15:07 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Boop...

Nice! I made Twilight Princess Link teleport animation.

EDIT: I also made the running animations for SS and OOT Link
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:59:32 am by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #548 on: July 02, 2018, 12:40:14 pm »
*Cracks knuckles*

I am thoroughly enjoying this. That Twilight Link warp animation is exceptional :)
BotW Shrine MC style
« Reply #549 on: July 02, 2018, 01:44:06 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
*Cracks knuckles*

I am thoroughly enjoying this. That Twilight Link warp animation is exceptional :)

I'm glad you are enjoying animating my sprites XD its awesome to see them animated.

I made the Shrines from Breath of the Wild. I used Leduardo's Sheikah logo from his sprite. to make the sprite I got the image from here.
« Reply #550 on: July 02, 2018, 02:07:23 pm »
Dude, these shrines are amazing! Might need to use them :P I'm currently in the early stages of attempting to build a post-BotW MC style game at the minute, I'll try to post some video or something a bit later on when I'm home from work.
« Reply #551 on: July 02, 2018, 04:07:36 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Dude, these shrines are amazing! Might need to use them :P I'm currently in the early stages of attempting to build a post-BotW MC style game at the minute, I'll try to post some video or something a bit later on when I'm home from work.

Yeah, use it! That's why I make the sprites in the first place, so they get implemented in a fan-game.
« Reply #552 on: July 02, 2018, 04:45:07 pm »
I wonder if this would interest you, but you know the house sprites for the port town in Shadow Gazer? I've attached them below. The main plot thread for my game will be to rebuild Castle Town, and these are the houses I wanted to use. Coincidently they're almost identical to the buildings in BotW, pre-Calamity. My Castle Town map is spaced out to allow for the buildings to fit wherever they need to, but I need to have ruined versions for the start of the game before anything is rebuilt. I dunno how possible it would be to edit these but wherever I've seen your buildings they always seem to come out rather perfectly. If you fancied helping a brother out, I'd be eternally grateful. Once they're done I should even be able to get a playable demo together relatively shortly, the basic running, attacking, dialogue, enemies and things are done. I dunno how much work this would entail or if it's even something you'd care to do, but if you're interested, let me know :)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 04:50:07 pm by Jacob1092 »
« Reply #553 on: July 02, 2018, 06:41:20 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I wonder if this would interest you, but you know the house sprites for the port town in Shadow Gazer? I've attached them below. The main plot thread for my game will be to rebuild Castle Town, and these are the houses I wanted to use. Coincidently they're almost identical to the buildings in BotW, pre-Calamity. My Castle Town map is spaced out to allow for the buildings to fit wherever they need to, but I need to have ruined versions for the start of the game before anything is rebuilt. I dunno how possible it would be to edit these but wherever I've seen your buildings they always seem to come out rather perfectly. If you fancied helping a brother out, I'd be eternally grateful. Once they're done I should even be able to get a playable demo together relatively shortly, the basic running, attacking, dialogue, enemies and things are done. I dunno how much work this would entail or if it's even something you'd care to do, but if you're interested, let me know :)

In Minish Cap there was a sidequest where you had to build houses for the Oracles. They did have a sprite for a semi constructed house, which is just wooden planks. I believe you can use that to make what you want. I hope it helps.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 06:43:17 pm by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #554 on: July 13, 2018, 06:08:50 am »
  • It's just Max.
I quickly whipped up some stone foundations based on the bottom of King Mob's houses, there's a couple bits of stone to suggest rubble. Creating ruins of the wooden parts of the houses would be more difficult, but maybe you can put some broken planks around to imply that the wooden parts have since fallen down too.
« Reply #555 on: July 13, 2018, 11:48:35 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I quickly whipped up some stone foundations based on the bottom of King Mob's houses, there's a couple bits of stone to suggest rubble. Creating ruins of the wooden parts of the houses would be more difficult, but maybe you can put some broken planks around to imply that the wooden parts have since fallen down too.

Nice max! but you uploaded it in JPG format and it got ruined lol, I fixed it :P I also added more rubble and two pillars from the Wind Shrine
« Reply #556 on: July 13, 2018, 02:08:54 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Hahaha, oops, it was 2am after I'd gotten home from working late. Thanks, Brad.
Phytops MC style - tentacles
« Reply #557 on: August 17, 2018, 05:09:39 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I found a screenshot of the cancelled game Midora that had these spiky plants crawling out of a temple, that looked exactly like the tentacles of Phytops from Spirit Tracks. I decided to get a piece of that plant, edit, recolor it, and animate it to look like a tentacle to have them be the tentacles from the Phytops we did a while back. This is the result.

EDIT: I edited the blobs that cover the eyes. (not on the animation though)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:11:34 pm by SpritingBrad »
Ice Dungeon Tiles
« Reply #558 on: September 07, 2018, 03:38:01 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I was bored and decided to put together an Ice Dungeon Tileset. I used the tiles from Talus Cave and Death Mountain from Four Swords, and the tiles from the Temple of Droplets from MC to make this.

The idea is that the walls are made of pure ice, and so would the floor. There could also be snow as normal floor, instead of having all the floor be ice.
« Reply #559 on: September 09, 2018, 02:00:21 am »
Kinda hard to make out.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 74 queries.

anything