Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: Rising Spirits  (Read 7843 times)

[Demo] The Legend of Zelda: Rising Spirits
« on: October 30, 2006, 04:25:56 pm »
The Legend of Zelda: Rising Spirits

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a zelda fangame.. The game is called The Legend of Zelda: Rising Spirits.. It's still in its beginning stage of development. I will be using LTTP graphics for the most part and some MC graphics..

General Information
- It is being made in Gamemaker 7.0.
- The screenresolution is 240x160, just like the gameboy advance.
- Progress |||||||||||||||||||| 5%

Story
A long time ago, short after the creation of Hyrule, evil poes made their way into Hyrule and destroyed everything.. Entire armies were lost in this war against the spirits.. Only one boy, the Hero of Time,  had the power to fight these poes and to save Hyrule from those evil spirits..

The game will start with link dreaming about princess zelda being attacked by evil poes and her soul being taken away from her. When he wakes up, he's visited by the fairy Navi who tells link that the princess had really been attacked by poes. The king had asked link to come visit him at the castle as quick as possible. First link wants to find out more about these poes so he goes to the library and he finds a book about the story of the Hero of Time. With this information he leaves kokiri island and sets sail to Hyrule castle.

Screenshots

The startmenu.

Textengine, lift/throw-engine and the menu.

Day/night engine.

Demo's
Demo 1: Download

Credits
Felix en co. - Everything
MaJoRa - Link sprites
.Takam - King of red lions sprites
Philium - Kokiri sprites
Nintendo - Idea and graphics

Website
Coming soon..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:47:07 pm by Felix en co. »
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Fairies of Life
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 05:39:36 pm »
  • Minalien
Assuming those are actual screenshots instead of mock-ups, this project, with some support, actually seems to have some promise. And that's something that's been missing from a lot of projects recently. Have you been designing the engine yourself? Or are you using engines other people have created?
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 05:44:06 pm »
Looks good so far. I like the crescent-shaped island, Lunara. Using my razor-keen powers of deduction I surmise that the moon will play some role in this game.  :P
Gotta say the title doesn't grab me by the balls, but the rest certainly has my interest piqued.

And I think I recognise your team's logo - have you made other games?
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 05:51:44 pm »
Oh, haven't seen you for a while. Welcome back...
The games looks really cool and promising, but, I feel that those MC styled don't combine very well with a LttP scenario.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 06:24:49 pm »
Assuming those are actual screenshots instead of mock-ups, this project, with some support, actually seems to have some promise. And that's something that's been missing from a lot of projects recently. Have you been designing the engine yourself? Or are you using engines other people have created?
Yes those are actual screenshots, not mock-ups.. And yes the engine is completely created by me.. Thanks for the comments! :)

Looks good so far. I like the crescent-shaped island, Lunara. Using my razor-keen powers of deduction I surmise that the moon will play some role in this game.  Tongue
Gotta say the title doesn't grab me by the balls, but the rest certainly has my interest piqued.

And I think I recognise your team's logo - have you made other games?
Thanks! Yes the moon will play a role in it.. The title is not final yet, I just came up with this yesterday and decided to use it until I come up with a better one..
I have been working on another zelda fangame, but I have never used this team logo before ;)

Oh, haven't seen you for a while. Welcome back...
The games looks really cool and promising, but, I feel that those MC styled don't combine very well with a LttP scenario.
Actually I have never left, I just don't post much :P.. And I think I will mostly use Lttp sprites, just some MC sprites maybe..
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 06:42:26 pm »
Didn't see you for a while! good to see you again. This is promesing since your coding skills are great!  :tek:

Ik hoop snel een demo te zien. ;)

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 08:18:16 pm »
Didn't see you for a while! good to see you again. This is promesing since your coding skills are great!  :tek:

Ik hoop snel een demo te zien. ;)
Thanks! ;) There will be a demo, but that will take a little while. I think I don't release an engine demo, but only in game demo's..
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 08:30:41 pm »
Sounds good.
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 11:30:16 am »
I'm back with an update..
I haven't been working on this project for a while, but last week I've decided to start working again. I've changed the game to a windwaker styled game.. So the story takes place at sea and you can sail on your boat to other islands.. The overworld will have 16 islands. I'm not really sure about the story, but I'll post that when I've completed it.. Here's a screenshot of link on his boat..

As you can see I've also added a day/night engine.

I hope I'll have a demo for Z3, but I'm not really sure if I can make it, because I'm pretty busy with school, but I'll do my best!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 09:27:58 pm by Felix en co. »
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 12:27:57 pm »
  • The Hero of Magic
The head of link's boat looks strange/!@#$% up. But the rest rocks!!!!
I support all Zelda fan games!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 10:36:14 am »
The head of link's boat looks strange/!@#$% up. But the rest rocks!!!!
It looks a bit weird yes.. Maybe i'll try to fix it, but i'm not that good at spriting.. :P

BTW, what is the difference between a project in the graveyard and in the WIP board?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 10:38:10 am by Felix en co. »
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 06:27:11 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Graveyard projects are in theory dead, but sometimes people seem to think that it's dead when really it's just sleeping XD

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 03:32:56 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Graveyard projects are in theory dead, but sometimes people seem to think that it's dead when really it's just sleeping XD

Yes and many times the dead rise. Basicly if a project is seen as being genuinly constantly worked on then it moves out of the Graveyard.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2007, 08:16:33 pm »
Ok, well it doesn't need to be moved to wip yet, because I won't have that much time the next weeks, because I'm pretty busy.. I'll will come with an update once the first demo is finished..
Re: [WIP] The Legend of Zelda: Rising Spirits
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 03:28:41 pm »
Hello, I'm back with just a small update. The game had been in the graveyard for some time because it was kind of dead, but last week i've started working on it again and this time I will finish it 8).. I've made some real progress this week. The textengine is done, the startmenu is done, the day/night engine is now working perfectly, the save/load system is done, and the room-transition engine also is done. Now I'm working on the intro of the game. Once that's finished, I will release a demo of the intro and link's home island called Kokiri island :P..

I've decided to go for a windwaker-style of game, so the worldmap will consist of 16 islands, and link has his boat which he uses to travel these islands.

I also have some new screenshots, hope you like them..

New title screen.

The startmenu

Some ingame screens.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 03:30:51 pm by Felix en co. »
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 04:06:44 pm »
Wow, those screens actually look really good. :D
Good work. :3
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 04:23:28 pm »
I remember this project. I thought it looked great. But you've changed... well, everything about it...! I don't know how well it plays, obviously, but I much preferred the original concept. :( There doesn't seem to be anything original about this one. Shame...
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 08:16:32 pm »
I remember this project. I thought it looked great. But you've changed... well, everything about it...! I don't know how well it plays, obviously, but I much preferred the original concept. :( There doesn't seem to be anything original about this one. Shame...
Hmm well I didn't really like the previous concept, with the three kidnapped fairies, so I changed it. I'll try to keep it somehow original, so I'll let you know when I have an update on the story.

The demo will come somtime next week I think. As I have said, it's not a big demo, so don't expect much gameplay.. It'll just be an island with four houses and and intro. It's just to show you the engine and to test if there are any bugs..
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 09:56:16 pm »
Moved to WIP at request of designer.
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 10:12:35 pm »
And yes again, I'm picking up this project almost a year after the last update. It had been dead for months but recently I bought a DS with Phantom Hourglass which got me all excited in continuing my project. For the past two days I have been writing and rewriting some stuff and the first demo is almost done. This will be a very small demo though, only containing the first island, some houses and the beginning of the story. Information can me found in the topic's starting post.

I will be releasing this demo within the next two days and the main purpose for the release is to see how you guys like the engine so far, and to receive your comments what might be supporting me in making more progress.. :D

- Felix
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 75 queries.

anything