Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: why the world is flipped in twilight princess  (Read 3577 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: why the world is flipped in twilight princes...
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 11:53:25 pm »
  • Silly cat!
What about left handed people? I guess they'll just have to play right handed? I'd hate to have to get used to using a controler on my left hand.
Y'know, it's not like lefties won't be able to swing their left arm with the wiimote. They can still swing it, it's just Link will swing with his right arm... What's so bad about that?

Hoffy.
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 12:04:48 am »
  • =/
What about left handed people? I guess they'll just have to play right handed? I'd hate to have to get used to using a controler on my left hand.
Y'know, it's not like lefties won't be able to swing their left arm with the wiimote. They can still swing it, it's just Link will swing with his right arm... What's so bad about that?
Well, they'll have to swing in an awkward way. Most people swing their sword by pulling into their chest, if people push away from their chest to swing, well it might feel a bit wierd. (Atleast in my opinion. Swinging towards yourself also has it's advantages, like being able to block as soon as you stop swinging which you couldn't do if your hand is beside your body. Of course, that is in real sword fighting and it's not like the Wii controller is meant to bring you further into your video games or something <_<)

I think Nintendo should just allow a switch hand method where the whole world flips back, along with link and you'd swing with your other hand.
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 01:35:52 am »
  • Fear my Blades
I doubt the game will really care which direction you swing the remote in, it would be a lot more extra work to have Link swing his sword the same way you swing the remote, so he'll probably swing it normally no matter how you swing the remote.

I just hope they remember to go into the dialogue and stuff, and change directions accordingly.  I doubt level designers took the fact that Link is left handed into account, it really doesn't affect the game that much.  Sure he swings his sword in a slightly different direction, whatever it's 3D so just just turn counter-clockwise a bit and you'll be aiming at the same spot as if you had been left handed.  Also since it's 3D it should be interactive enough for the player to be able to adjust to the slightly different game dynamics.  The only problem I really see mirroring Link is that his animations may not line up with other things properly, and at this point in the games production It's a lot easier to flip the whole world then to redo every animation again.  I mean, basically you just have to flip the image on the screen and the controlls (drawing the HUD correctly after flipping the view), also any textures that have writing on them.

I find it silly that they changed Link to being right-handed.  It does make sense so that the player doesn't feel odd that the character is swinging his sword the opposite way they're swinging the controller though... poor left handed people.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 05:07:21 am »
  • Silly cat!
Well, they'll have to swing in an awkward way. Most people swing their sword by pulling into their chest, if people push away from their chest to swing, well it might feel a bit wierd. (Atleast in my opinion. Swinging towards yourself also has it's advantages, like being able to block as soon as you stop swinging which you couldn't do if your hand is beside your body. Of course, that is in real sword fighting and it's not like the Wii controller is meant to bring you further into your video games or something <_<)

You're missing the point. Left-handed gamers can still swing the Wiimote with their left-hand to make Link swing his sword in the game. It does take a huge swing to make Link perform a slash, apparently it only takes a slight movement.

Hoffy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 45 queries.