Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oregon Trail LARP (from the creators of the Minecraft LARP)  (Read 1883 times)

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Oregon Trail LARP (from the creators of the Mine...
« on: January 24, 2011, 03:46:06 pm »
  • b e p i s
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwggeSe1HE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwggeSe1HE</a>

You guys probably saw that Minecraft LARP video I posted a while back that I made with some friends, specifically Boris, the guy who plays the main character. We made another one yesterday, and Boris really stepped up his fight choreography. My other very good friend Daniel, who plays the "ninja" at the end, also gave a strong performance. And of course, it was filmed entirely by yours truly :D

We're hoping this video sees the success of the Minecraft one, which got over 180,000 views and was featured on Kotaku, GameInformer.com, and The Daily What.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Re: Oregon Trail LARP (from the creators of the ...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:15:43 pm »
lol Good job, even more well done than the last one.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 06:56:17 pm »
IMO the only people who would really get it are people who actually played Oregon Trail at some point in their life.( I was one of them lol).

I watched it when you posted it on Facebook.  It's okay.  I chuckled a few times.
Maybe if you can get your hands on a good sized budget or something it'll get better.

It's not bad, but it's not great either.
Little too much cheese for my tastes as it stands.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 06:59:11 pm »
A great LARP, although I do not know the game. I really enjoyed it. I cannot help wondering what it will be when you decide to LARP Pokemon.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 07:30:45 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
IMO the only people who would really get it are people who actually played Oregon Trail at some point in their life.( I was one of them lol).

I watched it when you posted it on Facebook.  It's okay.  I chuckled a few times.
Maybe if you can get your hands on a good sized budget or something it'll get better.

I personally like cheese on my tombstone... and peperony.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 07:41:19 pm »

I personally like cheese on my tombstone... and peperony.
That's one of the times I chuckled, XD.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 10:28:52 pm »
  • b e p i s

Well, the cheese is kinda part of the point. :P

But yeah, glad people have enjoyed it. We figured the audience would be pretty good for an Oregon Trail LARP because a lot of people, at least in America, played it in elementary school.

A great LARP, although I do not know the game. I really enjoyed it. I cannot help wondering what it will be when you decide to LARP Pokemon.

Someone actually approached Boris about this. However, the idea has been done quite a bit and we're not sure how to approach it in a new or clever way. Chances are, the next videos we do are probably going to be Doom and Banjo-Kazooie, as we have some really hilarious ideas floating around.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 10:33:15 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

But yeah, glad people have enjoyed it. We figured the audience would be pretty good for an Oregon Trail LARP because a lot of people, at least in America, played it in elementary school.

Someone actually approached Boris about this. However, the idea has been done quite a bit and we're not sure how to approach it in a new or clever way. Chances are, the next videos we do are probably going to be Doom and Banjo-Kazooie, as we have some really hilarious ideas floating around.

Leisure Suit Larry LARP.

Nuff said.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 11:51:05 pm »

Leisure Suit Larry LARP.

Nuff said.
But who has the balls to be the sperm? 
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 02:22:50 am »
I dunno, it's obviously low-budge, not funny 100% of the time, but I still think the formula just has that factor that makes it enjoyable(For me at least). And this video is a huge improvement over the last, so I'll say it again, good job. It's like Mega64, but different enough to be it's own thing.

And I've never played Oregon Trail btw, just heard of it.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 06:45:33 am »
Leisure Suit Larry LARP.

Nuff said.
That is called pr0n. But I love to see that happen. It will probably be hilarious.

Never saw any of them, but I could imagine some idea's. Focussing on the animal brutality with actual weapons (off course not the real thing) and objects replacing the pokemon attacks :P, and having the trainer "not" get hurt. Even when the attacks are going in his direction. And after a fight both trainers pull their wallets and the losing trainer pays the winner. Going through a supermarket to buy stuff. THen you still have the other stuff like riding a bike through tall grass, up a dirt hill and getting jumped at by pokemon.  But that probably is already done many times.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 06:48:26 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Leisure Suit Larry LARP.

Nuff said.
That is called pr0n. But I love to see that happen. It will probably be hilarious.

Never saw any of them, but I could imagine some idea's. Focussing on the animal brutality with actual weapons (off course not the real thing) and objects replacing the pokemon attacks :P, and having the trainer "not" get hurt. Even when the attacks are going in his direction. And after a fight both trainers pull their wallets and the losing trainer pays the winner. Going through a supermarket to buy stuff. THen you still have the other stuff like riding a bike through tall grass, up a dirt hill and getting jumped at by pokemon.  But that probably is already done many times.

Animal Cruelty + Pokemon = has been done since 1996 :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 61 queries.