Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I drew some houses!  (Read 5994 times)

I drew some houses!
« on: April 16, 2015, 07:48:40 am »
  • It's just Max.
So I was playing the iOS game Oceanhorn, which if you don't know is basically a decent rip off of Wind Waker. And the buildings on the islands are pretty cool, and I was stalking the community project a little while ago, and it all combined and I decided to try graphic-ing Oceanhorn's buildings, kinda?

Anyway, it's been years since I did any art on the pixel level, but I looked at the houses from Shadowgazer for reference. But if anybody has pointers, and/or anyone might use something like this (I don't really have a use, I just had a graphics itch I needed to scratch), I might keep working on this a little? Or, @mgzero (pretending that works here  8) ), would something like this maybe be adaptable for King of Thieves?
Re: I drew some houses!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 01:34:35 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Or, @mgzero (pretending that works here  8) ), would something like this maybe be adaptable for King of Thieves?

Absolutely!  I am all for custom graphics!  As soon as I saw this, my first thought was to ask you the same thing :)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 04:50:28 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Sweet! Any idea how I should keep working on this so it'd be better for King of Thieves? I feel like it could be better somehow, I'll keep brainstorming with it in the meantime.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 10:48:05 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Well, I made a couple more variations of the buildings and threw them together in a kinda Hyrule Town style mockup thing, where the slums are down at the bottom, to see how it might work. I put a couple little things to suggest Link could climb on them, but don't really know the size/layout of the town, so I didn't try to make anything that really made sense.

But maybe they'll come in handy for king of thieves, and if so I can add more specific stuff when the game's in that phase?

PS, if anyone feels like they want to use these for anything else, feel free!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 11:32:32 pm »
Your layout for the town was actually approved:

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=40298.0

If you want to go crazy and tile things up, I'm cool with that :)

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 12:03:32 am »
  • It's just Max.
Oh, haha. I totally forgot. How big should it be, then? Like, is it gonna be part of the overworld and therefore constrained to a certain size/shape, or does that not matter?

Oh, and if I did put together something more final, I'd go through the whole plot and say, okay, we need to make sure there's room for x, y, and z, etc. I remember there being things that happened in town between the dungeons and everything, but the plot part that we figured out isn't in the wiki under plot, just the really old one is. I remember there being a final say on each chapter in the design doc, but it seems to have gotten lost in the transfer to the wiki.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:05:49 am by Donotfeedthemax »
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 12:56:11 am »
No, it won't be part of the overworld so a size constraint should be of no worry.  As for what you're looking for from the story, check here:

http://wiki.zfgc.com/Category:KOT_Races

Each of the major races should have details on what goes on inbetween story wise.  The only one where it's mandatory to return to the castle town is between deku and zora.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 01:04:47 am »
  • Personal Saucier
Gotta say, that looks AWESOME.

Arcaith

Landscape Police
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 12:04:18 pm »
  • *ding*
The way you've done the front facing roofing makes it look like the building has no depth whatsoever, and it looks kind of off compared to the other buildings you've put in place. You might want to bring the top forward and show the other side of the roof's pitch.
*MooN*
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 02:10:00 pm »
I think these look rather good - but I would like to agree with Archaith. I also think that there needs to be shading below window bays - as all the other shadows imply a light coming from the north, and this implies light coming from the south.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 06:30:58 pm »
  • It's just Max.
thanks, Arcaith and Majora, that's spot on. It was bothering me too but I couldn't figure out what it was, but yeah, the buildings look like two tiles deep at most. And the shadows are also good, I couldn't figure out why the windows looked so tacked on. Thanks! :D
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 09:20:02 pm »
Nice,
It gives me some ideas to Hyrule Town.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 62 queries.