Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NCFC? z3?  (Read 3251 times)

NCFC? z3?
« on: July 04, 2008, 11:13:42 pm »
I was wondering if that is going to happen in the coming months or if that has been brought up with the other forums; do we even have an outreach would be the broader question.  That, and if there is going to not be an NCFC or if it is not even being planned or coordinated at this point, what is the status of z3?  If our purpose is development of some kind it would be satisfying to know that leadership is looking down the road and is going to be ready and/or prepared for either of those events.
Re: NCFC? z3?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 11:16:06 pm »
Frankly, why bother? Almost nobody post in the development boards these days.

(Just so you know, this post is made was as a user, not an admin. Don't take it as the oppinion of all the administration.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:47:54 pm by Infini »
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 11:18:18 pm »
Even though I respect you thats a really bad attitude :/. I would love to see one, since many people start working on games for those :P
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 11:21:47 pm »
Even though I respect you thats a really bad attitude :/. I would love to see one, since many people start working on games for those :P
Perhaps, but its realistic.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 11:28:03 pm »
If the administration is going to be dismissive of the idea, then it defeats itself.  The administration, if its purpose is to promote development and to get new users who share that interest, should make it clear months in advance that there is at least going to be either an NCFC or z3 so that the users here who do develop games can have the confidence to know that their will be interest in what they make.  After all, a problem with ZFGC is that the projects made here do not get adequate interest by the community here even though we still have developers.  That is what I think.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 11:29:36 pm »
Perhaps, but its realistic.
Well, if you want to go for realism, I should also mention that there seems to be no new option or something to help improve the situation, perhaps  ZFGSDK but if we go for the realistic view it will never be completed like many of the other projects here..
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 11:34:32 pm »
If the administration is going to be dismissive of the idea, then it defeats itself.  The administration, if its purpose is to promote development and to get new users who share that interest, should make it clear months in advance that there is at least going to be either an NCFC or z3 so that the users here who do develop games can have the confidence to know that their will be interest in what they make.  After all, a problem with ZFGC is that the projects made here do not get adequate interest by the community here even though we still have developers.  That is what I think.
Just so you know, the post I made was as a user, not an admin. Don't take it as the oppinion of all the administration.

Well, if you want to go for realism, I should also mention that there seems to be no new option or something to help improve the situation, perhaps  ZFGSDK but if we go for the realistic view it will never be completed like many of the other projects here..
Perhaps, but we can try.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 11:40:55 pm »
I was always under the impression that in the Feedback forum a response by someone of the administrator rank could be understood to be an official stance, and since I know that you in your own right are one of the most capable developers on the staff itself, your stance of negativity towards the events themselves seemed troubling.  I would assume that you, of all people on here, would at least try to foster something that you yourself enjoy and believe in.  That is where my mind was at.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 11:55:46 pm »
I was always under the impression that in the Feedback forum a response by someone of the administrator rank could be understood to be an official stance
True, perhaps I should have made it more obvious that that was my own-oppinion, I'll edit my post.

I would assume that you, of all people on here, would at least try to foster something that you yourself enjoy and believe in.  That is where my mind was at.
What can I say? I'm just somewhat depressed with the state of development on zfgc, and have trouble thinking on the bright side about it.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 12:12:16 am »
  • =/
 Ah, not the way to look at things honestly. =/ Development may suck at the moment, but it is the start of summer and we all have some free time finally. Maybe z3 would somehow promote work. (Especially if there is a huge cash prize involved for best project. (2 bucks per participant would be enough. ;) ))
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 12:24:38 am »
The development issue could be addressed by making team projects the norm and individual projects the exception.  While Zelda Fan Game Central does have its share of talented individuals, it is easier for individuals to enter into making projects if they do not have to do everything on their own.  Team projects have an interesting aspect about them as well in that if a team member gets enough confidence, they may even try to make a project on their own.  Team projects also have a tendency to be able to have more work completed on them, so if NCFC or z3 were to happen, our works would seem better than theirs or at least better amongst ourselves.  Even so though, without a set confidence that the an event will take place, there are going to be some users here who are not going to be working on their projects for the possibility of feeling like their efforts were wasted.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 05:03:53 am »
I apologize for not informing other admins, but I do hope we'll be partaking within NCFC.

I'm waiting on information from ShadowMan and I have joined their official boards and been accepted within the 'admin' or 'project manager' group or whatever he has setup. I have not taken the time to read the board yet, mainly because I've been out of the house most of this week.

With that said, Windfyre (ZFGC's partner via my connection) will maintain the NCFC chatroom again this year.

More details will follow when I feel like posting them, and no 4sword I didn't read anything in this topic except the title.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 05:10:57 am »
A few days ago I was checking the Who's Online list and I saw that you and Shadow Man were both sending PMs at the same time and I checked the site and it said that something was coming soon, so I figured that something to that effect was happening.  Also, I do not know if that last sentence was sarcastic or not, as anyone with knowledge of what the title was could effectively reply.  I am looking forward to the event actually as by then I will probably have something nifty to enter.  Either way, since I cannot know that fully, thank you for your reply and information.
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 05:15:49 am »
I'll read them in due time. Watching NCIS right now, actually JAG. I also have a tooth infection and my grandpa is again in the hospital and not fairing too well. The last three weeks have been amazingly stressful and tiring. It was very sarcastic, but you always nail me for 'not reading your entire post'. I admitted it this time, just to be sure you were aware I was going to come back and read it later. I apologize for not including that bit in the topic.

NCFC was very successful last time around. While our development boards are dead now and were dead then, so to speak, ZFGC carried the winner, King Mob and his game Shadow Gazer the last time around, perhaps there's another fan game we're not aware of that's in development, who knows. It's a good stimulating event for the fan game community and Shadow is a wonderful organizer.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 05:45:12 am »
I am easy to work with when those working with me are honest towards me if they cannot read my posts or that they take the time to read my posts.  Otherwise, it is harder to work with me because the things I talk about are not even being heard so I have the human response of being bothered, and while I share some of the blame for blowing up, the accumulated pressure is built up by constantly being ignored by that other person.  But yeah, I know that you have been through some stuff in the past week, so thanks for finding the time to be here with all of that going on.

I was thinking that our best chance to get members to join Zelda Fan Game Central by that event would be to have strong Zelda titles submitted that are good or at least mostly functional.  I think that the other Zelda sites that participate (I think there was at least one other last time) and have serious developers there might see that we have better Zelda games than they do and as a result, we could leech some of their better members.  Then again, that is optimistic and by high probability unlikely but for our survival in the manner of our purpose, it would be for the best from our perspective.  We could also have other series types obviously, but having Zelda out in front would be most effective.  Other series would be useful in that it could help us expand our focus more towards miscellaneous development if we absorbed key outside members, but meh.

Shadow Man is alright, but the main page for the event is kind of poorly designed visually.  If it looked nicer it would be plain awesome, but it works so oh well good enough.

ShadowMan

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 06:04:40 am »
Give it about one more day.  XD
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 06:10:21 am »
Ah, well I was going to ask you about if the other forums that were in last years event went all aboard and about other aesthetic things, but I guess those can wait.  Nice to see that it is at least being talked about though, so thanks for putting forth the effort in terms of organization.
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 07:39:23 am »
I've got a zelda story (no game yet) in development, if this happens I might think about beginning to make it.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 73 queries.