Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My newest idea...  (Read 5846 times)

My newest idea...
« on: September 15, 2006, 09:37:27 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
...so we won't have another z3 until next year, right?

Well, so I have another idea, one that could change ZFGC forever.  I even made a video that has words, inspirational music, and a picture of the Zelda logo in it ^_^ (credit to Delko, I believe).

http://www.upload2.net/page/download/YV5uhp2whyzZhQN/zfgc_0001.wmv.html

So you can probably guess what the idea is.  Basically, I'd like ZFGC to become the site that we've always dreamed it would be, and within the site we'd have this community project full of histories, information, and all the multimedia we can come up with.

So we'd have a yearly z3 event, correct?  So we make ZFGC an actual site, with a forum and a portal to the z3 site (probably a subdomain assuming it wouldn't cost more).

So we have the resource/tutorial idea we've always dreamed of, we fix up the ZFGC boards, and organization (am I the only one who thinks that it's poorly layed out as of now?), and then have this community project that I've always wanted to make.

Anyway, so some of you are probably fuzzy on what the actual idea is exactly.  What it would be is a comprehensive compilation of information, screenshots, demos, videos and all sorts of fun stuff from important, "landmark" fan games, with a look at the noteable future and current ones.  Perhaps the information will be compiled into an html file with screenshots side to side with the text, and we get all the multimedia we can possibly find for -x- project.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 09:49:32 pm by 2awesome4apossum »
Re: My newest idea...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 09:55:24 pm »
  • =/
 I agree. This idea is perfect and it should be executed right away. Also, nice video, lol. =)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 10:01:51 pm »
Wanna help? ;D
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 10:03:25 pm »
  • =/
What can I possible do?

(I'll do as much as I can to make this a reality. )
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 10:04:36 pm »
Oh noooes, another Project-X.... Well actually I like the idea, I'm just worried about if it will succeed or not. Most members at zfgc have a short attention span (myself included ^^), and tend not to finish projects (no offence to anyone). But if you can figure out a practical way of doing this then you have my support 100%.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 10:08:02 pm by Helios »
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 10:06:10 pm »
Well, I'd be heading it... and unlike z3, I wouldn't bail out.  So basically only those who would like to work on it, will end up doing it.

And I'll get to "what you can do" later (after we have an admin post, lol).
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 10:07:29 pm »
  • The Broken King
Remember that old sprite archive we used to have?

is this kind of like that?

I'd pay a bit to help out with this. I'd offerto do some work to help out...but I don't think I'd have time, what with school and varoius projects I've picked up in the past little while.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 10:10:28 pm »
Well, that would be one aspect of it, but yes "kind of like that".  So there's two parts (1) reforming the site, (2) putting together the story of Zelda fan games.
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 10:25:38 pm »
ur vid wuz seckzy.
And I'm so in.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 10:34:12 pm »
Another good idea would be to have a webpage design contest to see who could make the greatest and most functional webpage for ZFGC.  That way, implementing your ideas would be easier because they would have something to "sit on".

If you need my help on something, feel free to ask.
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 10:43:28 pm »
That's actually a ridiculously good idea.  Although it'd have to be set up by the admins, because I seem to recall a big contraversy over member contests back at GA (that and it's just not as effective otherwise).
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 10:48:51 pm »
The only thing that might be a problem is that not everybody knows HTML or whatever language it was going to be in.  The contest would probably have to be a two step one that involved a winning design and then a winning, working HTML code version of the site itself. 

Either that, or the design part would just be the contest and then a bunch of people who knew how to code a website would work to do that.  I remember how the current ZFGC forum default was established, and I think by that as a measure, that the idea of a site design contest would work.

Hikij

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 10:51:06 pm »
Damn dude, you're lucky. I give an idea, everyone ignores it. You give an idea, and it's automaticly gold.
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 10:52:34 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
So what you're proposing is to turn ZFGC into an actual website with an index of Fan Games, sections of sprites, tutorials, examples, demos, screenshots, e.t.c?  Of course keeping the forums, but better organize them, and starting a new community fan game?

Hmm... It's definitally no small project, but I like the idea.  I would love to help, but I can't honestly say I believe we'll succeed.  Something like this, if failed, could cause a crippling blow to ZFGC...  We survived after the whole GamerzAdvanced thing though we're not as well off as we were before...  Hmm... I say it's worth a shot, and I'd like to help, but I am a pretty busy guy.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 10:54:12 pm »
Making a huge resource place for Zelda sprites has always been a dream. But it needs to be set up properly with easy to search archives. And im talking about EVERYTHING....like all the rips you can find for ALTTP(example)...even animations rips, custom sprites etc.

I'd be happy to help make an archive like that. I think it will inspire many for fangaming when they have all the material right here.

But your general idea is much like z3...I think we should work with resources instead of games right now. As you can do resources anytime when you like...won't take that long and it adds to something. Whereas working on games active will usually wear off. And sometimes completely abandon a game...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 10:56:06 pm by Kleaver »
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 10:56:46 pm »
Damn dude, you're lucky. I give an idea, everyone ignores it. You give an idea, and it's automaticly gold.
But you'll note that 80% of my ideas are vetoed after member approval by admins.

Which is what I'm afraid of here.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, ideas and encouragement!  Keep 'em coming! :D
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 11:02:08 pm »
  • The Broken King
For a searchable databse, you could just implement a tag system like they use on sites like last fm, where you just put strings describing the data in the struct, then you could just search for tags. Plus you can easily sort into 'categories' and etc.

>_>

write it in php or something. Or you could even write an actual database and use SQL. Unfortunately, I don't think most people here KNOW that stuff. I don't know SQLbut I know a little php. Doubt I'd be capable of writing ZFGC with it though. I'm no good with making sites look good, except in flash. :P
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 11:02:19 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
aslomng as u dont go out of ur depth in the swimmin oceam that is the site then it will be pok just fdont do aporject X on us OK./..Zefla dan game only stuff will make good sie lol yueHA do i!!!!t

Write in normal English or don't write at all.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 11:08:53 pm by Kleaver »

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 02:25:11 am »
  • hungry..
So basically... Project-X? Like I've said before... I'm up for it.
  • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 06:47:54 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Great idea, it's just what we need! Hope the admins are supporting this though. If you need help with anything, just PM me or whatever ;)

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 77 queries.