Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image resizing  (Read 2205 times)

Image resizing
« on: October 26, 2006, 07:17:34 am »
when you post an image here the forum automatically resizes it.
while its a good idea for off topic etc, but in the spriting sections it is not convenient at all. infact it is a nuisance, anyone with half a brain wouldnt post a huge sheet/overworld that would stretch the page several times over, they'd simply link to it.

honestly, it causes more trouble than its worth and would be a complete joke at any forum with a serious spriting community

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: Image resizing
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 08:13:40 am »
  • hungry..
Even when it's turned off, it doesnt stretch the page, it simply adds a scroll bar to your post.

I agree that this should be removed.
  • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 11:39:53 pm »
It stupid.Get rid. :jellytime:
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 11:45:14 pm »
  • [sic]
I agree. I would do what IF 1/3 does and stretch only that post to fit the image rather than the entire post column for everyone's posts, so that the words don't go offscreen because of it. Also, screenshots of pages for the feedback section suffer the same way.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 08:19:35 am »
  • hungry..
I agree. I would do what IF 1/3 does and stretch only that post to fit the image rather than the entire post column for everyone's posts, so that the words don't go offscreen because of it. Also, screenshots of pages for the feedback section suffer the same way.
Like I said, it doesnt stretch the page at all anyway, it adds a scrollbar, so there's no problem.
  • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 03:56:05 pm »
  • [sic]
Like I said, it doesnt stretch the page at all anyway, it adds a scrollbar, so there's no problem.
Yeah, but then you have to scroll to see the rest of the image, so you can't see the whole image on the screen unless you view the image alone in the browser.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 03:19:32 pm »
  • Minalien
Locked. This is starting to get way off topic. Once again another topic is ruined by people who just cant leave linkw alone :/
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 03:22:48 pm »
I was going to unlock this topic as i wanted a response from the admins, but then I realised they can still reply...

*waiting......*
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 03:35:03 pm »
  • Minalien
Alright, I'm unlocking the topic and deleting all of the flamey/off-topic posts. NO more of this crap. Nobody here has the right to flame anybody else.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 04:24:46 pm »
I was going to unlock this topic as i wanted a response from the admins, but then I realised they can still reply...

*waiting......*
Personally, I hate it, and have even complained about it before.  Out of all the images that got resized, the only ones that I found noticeable was in Graphic Arts, which i'd have to then right click -> view image to see them properly anyway.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 05:37:16 pm »
I agree.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 07:57:27 pm »
  • hungry..
The only time it's ever good.. is like in Mug Shots.. or topics where the pictures are huge but not "graphically" important.
  • My Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 61 queries.