Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Since when was bioshock 17+?  (Read 2269 times)

Since when was bioshock 17+?
« on: February 10, 2009, 07:22:12 am »
Serious WTF Australian rating boards.
Since I'm building this sweet computer and all I decided to look at some games I want to get for it. I go on steam, look up bioshock and come to an age rating page. I put the info in thinking it couldn't be anything higher than 15+ and what do you know, it !@#$% locks me out saying it's all 17+ and !@#$%.
There was no age verefication a couple of weeks ago. And my friend's 360 version clearly has 15+ on the front. Why the !@#$% did they have to go reclassify it?
Anyway, got around having to buy a $80 disc copy by clearing out my IE history and putting my birthdate up one year.
Why does the gaming industry continue to !@#$% us all over? (in many ways, not just this)
Oh, and then when I gained access to the steam page it says 15+. WAY TO GO, valve.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:34:45 am by Darklight »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Re: Since when was bioshock 17+?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:00:57 pm »
Ring up and abuse support, they like that kind of thing, especially if you sound genuinely pissed.
the a o d c

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 04:10:46 pm »
  • b e p i s
Bioshock is rated M here in America...I'm amazed it was only 15+ in Australia, especially as sensitive as your government is to digital violence.

The rating is extremely deserved: graphic violence, tons of profanity, terrifying situations, and really mature themes in the story.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 04:22:46 pm »
Bioshock is rated M here in America...I'm amazed it was only 15+ in Australia, especially as sensitive as your government is to digital violence.

The rating is extremely deserved: graphic violence, tons of profanity, terrifying situations, and really mature themes in the story.
...Gaming ratings only go up to 15+. There is no higher rating which is why some games are banned. This is why this country sucks.
the a o d c
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 06:18:03 pm »

...Gaming ratings only go up to 15+. There is no higher rating which is why some games are banned. This is why this country sucks.

Also because we have to pay a shitton over here.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 07:57:02 pm »
Don't forget paying more for Xbox Live for less! U.S. get a lot more for less... over many countries.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:13:56 pm by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 09:15:33 pm »
Ring up and abuse support, they like that kind of thing, especially if you sound genuinely pissed.
I shall do so :P.

That won't stop me getting my hands on it somehow. I've played a bit of it on my friend's 360, it's an awesome game.
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 09:52:57 pm »
I bought my copy for $5 on steam.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 11:31:18 pm »
Since I'm building this sweet computer and all I decided to look at some games I want to get for it. I go on steam, look up bioshock and come to an age rating page. I put the info in thinking it couldn't be anything higher than 15+ and what do you know, it !@#$% locks me out saying it's all 17+ and !@#$%.
There was no age verefication a couple of weeks ago. And my friend's 360 version clearly has 15+ on the front. Why the !@#$% did they have to go reclassify it?
Anyway, got around having to buy a $80 disc copy by clearing out my IE history and putting my birthdate up one year.
Why does the gaming industry continue to !@#$% us all over? (in many ways, not just this)
Oh, and then when I gained access to the steam page it says 15+. WAY TO GO, valve.
You could've just restarted steam to set your age again...
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 11:45:23 pm »

This.

Don't forget paying more for Xbox Live for less! U.S. get a lot more for less... over many countries.

Well, I don't have Live yet, but that news doesn't surprise me.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 11:51:19 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Uhn, the game was an 18 in the UK I believe...didn't stop me getting it when it first came out but still...heh, then again I don't think anything I own has parental content protection turned on :)
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 12:46:21 am »
Ha ha the Australian rating system sucks.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 05:43:11 am »
You could've just restarted steam to set your age again...
didn't work, fortunately clearing IE's history did.
I had nothing in my paypal account when that bargain came round >_>
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 07:36:13 am »
the one thing i don't understand is why even the 18+ fps games (im not saying all fps games are like that now but they might end up that way in the near future) don't seem to allow blood anymore but if your lucky they'd at least add only a boring spray like far cry 2 for instance. well it would almost seem as if nearly everything in fps games in the future will be classified as too violent and censorship will delay its release in the certain country until they have found a way to soften it up a lot but even then they'd still make it 18+ or 15+ only, even having a loud glass breaking smash sound will be replaced with a crappy scatter sound due to being too violent, age censorship can ether misjudge really badly or can be too conservative most of the time, but it is evident that they will get worse over time :P
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 07:58:50 am by EliteJason »
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/

FellowshipoftheRing

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 12:27:38 am »
the one thing i don't understand is why even the 18+ fps games (im not saying all fps games are like that now but they might end up that way in the near future) don't seem to allow blood anymore but if your lucky they'd at least add only a boring spray like far cry 2 for instance. well it would almost seem as if nearly everything in fps games in the future will be classified as too violent and censorship will delay its release in the certain country until they have found a way to soften it up a lot but even then they'd still make it 18+ or 15+ only, even having a loud glass breaking smash sound will be replaced with a crappy scatter sound due to being too violent, age censorship can ether misjudge really badly or can be too conservative most of the time, but it is evident that they will get worse over time :P

What FPS games do you play? You must be playing some indie FPS games or something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 68 queries.

anything