Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New soundtrack  (Read 5277 times)

New soundtrack
« on: April 11, 2009, 04:16:27 am »
So, it's been a while since I've worked on any major audio projects. I kept busy mainly with the odd job here and there for games doing music or sound effects, some of which got published, others may not have..

Anyways, lately I've been lacking inspiration and motivation to work on music, so I thought I could make a topic like this to organize myself in. Topics like these tend to help, I've noticed, such as the CR soundtrack topic. Just gives me a place to organize my music and such, and gives me at least a bit of drive to finish it off.

Most of the songs here will be old tracks that you might have heard before, some of them under new names, but I'll be continuously trying to increase the amount of new material here. The theme will generally be the same - somewhat ambient, eerie, Japanese (or at least East-Asian) inspired music. Why?
I haven't been working on any games for a while, but I've had a few ideas in mind I *may* attempt at some point far in the future. Because of this, there won't be a strict layout for this "soundtrack" and I'll keep adding tracks as they come along. Without further ado:

1. <a href="http://binaryphoenix.com/itohdaichi/Title%20Screen.mp3>Title Screen[/url]
2. <a href="http://binaryphoenix.com/itohdaichi/Akamagaseki%20Shore.mp3>Akamagaseki Shore[/url]
3. Hoichi
4. <a href="http://www.binaryphoenix.com/itohdaichi/Chrysanthemum%20Palace.mp3>Chrysanthemum Palace[/url]
5. Enryaku-ji
6. <a href="http://www.binaryphoenix.com/itohdaichi/Courtyard.mp3>Shrine[/url]
7. <a href="http://www.binaryphoenix.com/itohdaichi/Hanging%20Lanterns.mp3>Hanging Lanterns[/url]
8. <a href="http://www.binaryphoenix.com/itohdaichi/Kuromori.mp3>Kuromori (WIP)[/url]
9. <a href="http://www.binaryphoenix.com/itohdaichi/Rainfall.mp3>Rain[/url]
10. The Cloud and Water Guest
11. <a href="http://www.binaryphoenix.com/itohdaichi/kai.mp3>Province of Kai (WIP)[/url]
12. Mountain Pass

TLDR: The tracks in blue are finished or at least a work in progress, and can be listened to or downloaded. I'll be releasing all the tracks here for you to listen to individually as I complete them. This list will probably grow over time. As usual, comments and criticism, although there isn't much new material as of yet, is appreciated. Hopefully this will keep me motivated to write more music.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 09:50:52 pm by Q.K. »
Re: New soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 05:33:09 am »
Good idea, I've been missing your monthly music :P. Most of that stuff there I've heard before, but kuromori is sounding nice so far.
I know what you mean about lacking inspiration, for me it comes in little bursts. Doesn't help when I actually have to make music for my individual study.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 05:43:29 pm »
"Title Screen" makes a very nice effect, I liked it. Though I expected it would be a little longer.

It's funny though, that the "Hanging Lanterns" track is fully inside the "Rain" track :P

BTW, is that "Akamagaseki Shore" the same of that "Akamagaseki Temple" you sent me long time ago?
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 06:01:50 pm »
Rainfall is by far my favorite track that you've ever done, absolutely love it. As always, they sound wonderful. Keep it up, I'd love to hear more :D
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 06:18:33 pm »
Haha, yeah, like I said a lot of this is recycled, with new titles and such. The title screen piece is basically just a short audio 'cue' or whatever that would play at the title screen.
What happened with hanging lanterns and rain is that basically at one point I wanted to make Rain a lot longer, so I thought that the lanterns piece could be added in at the end. I guess if used in a game soundtrack it would help a bit with the continuity of the music's atmosphere.
Also, I'm not quite sure about the Akamagaseki shore/temple song. I think at one point that used to be the 'shrine' song or something. To be honest I can't remember, I'll have to do some research lol.

Anyways, I'm going to try and finish the kuromori (literally 'dark forest') song soon, then try to figure out if I already finished Akamagaseki Shore/temple... if I haven't though, that's what I'll be starting on next :p.

EDIT: Ok, so it turns out that yes, Akamagaseki Shore was already completed. For some reason I didn't have a copy of it on my hard drive anymore, but luckily I had the FL Studio project file. I'll update the list with that track. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, sjegtp.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 06:23:20 pm by Q.K. »
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 02:33:08 am »
Rainfall is by far my favorite track that you've ever done, absolutely love it. As always, they sound wonderful. Keep it up, I'd love to hear more :D
Easily my favourite too :)
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 05:24:42 am »
I still have rainfall on my ipod from years ago, best song ever.
the a o d c

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 09:13:47 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
As awesome as ever. I wish you would make more of these, they're great.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 08:51:56 pm »
Seems like the rain piece is pretty popular. Anyways, expect some updates this weekend. I have a load of schoolwork to get through, and a commercial song to finish up before then, but I'll try and get some of this done...soon.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 09:55:29 pm »
So, the kuromori piece is about half done by now. I'll try and have the finished thing up tonight, but we'll see how that goes.

EDIT: Change in plans. Sometime middle of this week maybe? I don't have enough free time for writing music these days D:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:56:39 pm by Q.K. »
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 07:42:28 pm »
  • =/
 : F Link is dead for me now... is making me quite upset honestly.
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 10:06:26 pm »
Uhh yeah that would be something on Infini's end (or possibly his server). I'll see what's up with that. Anyways, I haven't had time to actually work on these in a while because I've had just, an insanely busy past 2 weeks, and it looks like this is going to be a busy one too. I'm probably not going to get any major work done on this until... the middle of May, ish...
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 09:51:41 pm »
There's a smaaall update in the first post.. I added a small sample of "Province of Kai" to listen to. Not much, I know, but I've been busy... >__<
<a href="http://www.binaryphoenix.com/itohdaichi/kai.mp3>Province of Kai (WIP)[/url]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 09:53:18 pm by Q.K. »
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 10:46:13 pm »
There's a smaaall update in the first post.. I added a small sample of "Province of Kai" to listen to. Not much, I know, but I've been busy... >__<
<a href="http://www.binaryphoenix.com/itohdaichi/kai.mp3>Province of Kai (WIP)[/url]
Duplication of crysanthemum palace much XD? At least the percussion :P
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 10:53:19 pm »
Haha yeah, same percussion library :p
I should prooobably get around to changing that.

EDIT: Okay. New percussion sequencing done :3
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:59:30 pm by Q.K. »
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 01:46:55 am »
  • Txet Lanosrep
Q.K.!  You never cease to amaze me haha.  The rainfall song is still unreal to this day.  Everything else has such a professional quality to it to.  I had forgotten how dope you were at music production.

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 06:21:10 pm »
Whoa, what happened to you Retro :P Haven't heard from you in ages.
Anyways, thanks lol. I hope some of these tracks could somehow be as good as the Rainfall song. I AM still working on this, but between a Monday to Friday job and loads of stuff to do in the summer, progress has been... slow. I'll keep the topic updated though, when I finally do finish something.
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 06:21:39 am »
wow.. where do you get all these instruments from?
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 10:23:29 pm »
All over.. some of it is free, some of it isn't. A great place to check would be kvr-audio though, and freesounds. I do buy some of my samples though, more and more lately as I've had a few commercial jobs that need better quality.

As far as thissss soundtrack/album goes I still haven't made a lot of progress on it. I have about 3 songs that are about half finished but not worth posting at the moment. Things have just been reallllllllly busy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 76 queries.

anything