Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The ten golden rules of video game piracy  (Read 2921 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: The ten golden rules of video game piracy
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 04:23:49 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
The whole reason the term "stealing" exists in the first place is because shop keeps would get goods that they could not replace taken from them by commoners and thieves. It was a great loss to them because those items were unique to them and were irreplaceable without great expense.

Copying something merely makes a duplicate of the item. It's an entirely different animal.

Also; I'm more against distributors of pirated data than the people who download them. Anti seeder, pro leecher.
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 04:40:05 am »
It is not so different that it detracts from sales overall; if copying did not exist, then legitimate sales would not be affected as harshly.  Copying does allow for people to maintain interest due to more expedient gratification and it can lead to some sales but it does not lead to many sales.  I think about the people who made the things that are being copied and while it is great that what they made is getting more attention, but they are not getting as much pay as they would for the work that they did.

With that said, it is hard to choose not to take something that you want if it is right in front of you and hardly anyone or no one is looking.  I mean, if I found a bag of weed and I knew I could smoke it without getting busted, I can't see a reason why I wouldn't because not doing so would be a waste in itself.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 04:44:09 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
It is not so different that it detracts from sales overall; if copying did not exist, then legitimate sales would not be affected as harshly.  Copying does allow for people to maintain interest due to more expedient gratification and it can lead to some sales but it does not lead to many sales.  I think about the people who made the things that are being copied and while it is great that what they made is getting more attention, but they are not getting as much pay as they would for the work that they did.

With that said, it is hard to choose not to take something that you want if it is right in front of you and hardly anyone or no one is looking.  I mean, if I found a bag of weed and I knew I could smoke it without getting busted, I can't see a reason why I wouldn't because not doing so would be a waste in itself.

Although I don't even agree that sales are hurt anyway; look at the MPAA and RIAA; both of them !@#$% about sales declining but recording artists are constantly saying "We sold more albums this year than ever before" o.o...

They complain because they think they can add the approx. units downloaded to the total expected sales, which they cant.
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 04:45:46 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
If using roms is counted as piracy...then i do...but i usually get rid of them or forget about them completely.
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 04:49:21 am »
Well, years ago now that I think of it, it may have been worse in that CDs were the primary means of music, and Internet downloads really hurt the industry because they the cost of making CDs, while inexpensive, added up.  Now and more often digital downloads eliminate major costs and profit margins are more attainable.  Due to the nature of distribution, a fanbase also grows quicker and exposure is not as difficult.  Meh, I guess it is not as bad as it could be.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 05:00:22 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah back when Napster first started it was bad lol

Now its like... even artists are saying "Just let them download what they want" lol
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 06:19:36 am »
I'm a !@#$% pirate because it turns me on.  End of story. 

I'm also a pirate because it turns Sharon on.

It's my only motivation to do it.

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 06:22:43 am »
Oh, I forgot to say that I consider this my motto: "Do what you want cuz a pirate is free, you are a pirate".
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 06:44:47 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I'm a !@#$% pirate because it turns me on.  End of story. 

I'm also a pirate because it turns Sharon on.

It's my only motivation to do it.

Awesome...  =]

Oh, I forgot to say that I consider this my motto: "Do what you want cuz a pirate is free, you are a pirate".

Good quote.  Also, "Take what you can, give nothing back!"
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 07:14:56 am »
Yar, har, tiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright with me-
Do what you want cuz a pirate is free, you are a pirate!
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 11:25:39 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I'd like to point out that when you buy software, music, or a book, you do not OWN that software, music, or book. Instead, you merely own a license that permits you to use the software, listen to the music, or read the book. So, if you download music without 'purchasing it', you are actually downloading it without the license to use it, so your use of this music, software or book is illegal.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 11:27:08 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'd like to point out that when you buy software, music, or a book, you do not OWN that software, music, or book. Instead, you merely own a license that permits you to use the software, listen to the music, or read the book. So, if you download music without 'purchasing it', you are actually downloading it without the license to use it, so your use of this music, software or book is illegal.

Except that doesn't hold up in a court of law

Please refer to RIAA vs the Supreme Court :P
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 62 queries.