Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past Style Project (Great Deku Tree Finished!)  (Read 243043 times)

Re: Teh Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the Past
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2010, 11:16:10 pm »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Okay, here is what I pointed out. The Pillow-shading, the leaves, and the frnt corner of the deku tree needs to be less round. I think the eyebrows are okay as it is. See corrections in the attachment.
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2010, 12:49:37 am »
  • Idk
Offtopic; Here is the link to the Link art: http://orpheelin.deviantart.com/art/Link-56960377

On topic; I like the way the Deku Tree is going but still have some flaws that Random already pointed out. But still, you are an amazing spriter!  :)
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2010, 08:10:05 pm »
Hmm.. Well I haven't touched the Deku Tree much in the past couple of days.. been working on a collaboration piece with a friend for a super secret project that is now in the works.. but I did fix up my Nabooru sprite that I had halfway attempted awhile back. lol

I may post that piece tonight, I just need permission from him. He pretty much made the entire thing, and I slightly altered a few things.

Still not satisfied with the face though. And I will probably find another color for the skin so I can actually shade her.

I'm off work tomorrow so expect me to be pouring out tons of new things in this thread throughout the day.

Found this when going through my album on photobucket. I'm still pretty satisfied with the final Epona.. definitely see some things I'd like to change though. I'm feeling inspired to finish all directions and some running animation.
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 08:13:12 pm »
I think if you were trying to make the canopy more diverse, you could make it follow the line created by the forest trees around the Great Deku Tree. But I know you said the area around him isn't final and I agree it looks nice as it is. Can't wait to see this once it's complete.
  • My Photostream
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2010, 08:20:19 pm »
Well.. I'm actually really satisfied with the canopy at the moment.. it's the least of my worries. It's more so the eyebrows and mustache that are worrying me.. It's gonna take me forever to get the shading to where I want it to be.
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2010, 08:37:51 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I really think that the only real problem with the Deku Tree's canopy is that the bottom edge is too flat when it should curve up on both sides. It'd be a really simple fix.

The eyebrows and mustache don't seem too bad to me. However, the tree's roots do not match the rest of the tree in amount of detail and that ruins the rest a bit for me (I'm assuming that you're still working on that though?).

Btw, your Epona is nice work! I do hope you get around to animating it; that would be very nice.

I'm wondering: Are you planning on uploading any of your work to the resources? I'm sure a lot of people would love to use these, and possibly, the OoT2D project could have use for some of these sprites as well.
  • My Music

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2010, 05:53:22 am »
^ Exactly my thoughts on that last part. Even if he does it in LTTP, it should be a way easier job of converting to MC style, than trying to do it from scratch.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2010, 09:55:49 am »
I think I remember those Epona sprites, to be honest they are excellent. I would kill to see an animated version of them.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2010, 08:46:17 pm »
So what have I been up to the past few days? I'll show you. :)

Everyone remembers the Watergate Dungeon from ALttP, right? Does anyone remember the only translucent water in the entire game?

I found this yesterday while browsing random maps and screenshots for inspiration. I was really blown away by the simplistic method they used to achieve the water. It's just hatched. Every other pixel is transparent.

So I got to thinking on places in Ocarina of Time that would really require transparent water. I'm thinking Zora's domain, the fishing area, Water Temple, Lake Hylia. Places like that.

Is there any way I could get someone with the ALttP rom to rip me some screens from the watergate temple? Basically what I need is 3 or 4 screens in the exact same position where I can see how the water animates, and rip it.

Here is what I hope to achieve if I ever make it far enough to begin a game:

That's just a rough idea. As you can see, some Zora's are floating, and some are down at the bottom. They could pop up if you swim into their vicinity.

And now, for some eye candy.

This is an initial, rough idea of Jabu Jabu. I just wanted to see what scale I wanted to make him and if I could match the angle well.

I passed him along to my good friend of the past 7 years, Mr. Jordan Chewning. And that's when magic happened.

This is where we are currently. Every bit of work done so far is by his hand. We plan to collaborate together on many things that we have planned.

This was a quick modification I made to see how we'd approach him opening him mouth. The results had me laughing until my sides hurt. XD

It's so cute and stupid looking, I may keep it. :D

Bring your own bombs. This is gonna be beastly.

inb4 "ITS TWOO BIIGG!!1"

That's what she said. She was wrong.

And saving the best for last. Brace yourselves.

A collaboration between DJvenom and myself. Basically the entire thing was made by him, with a few suggestions from me, and a bit of editting on the robe/cape dealy and some a teeny bit of shading. DJvenom is my current hero. I dare anyone to outdo this piece.

And here's an idea he and I talked about. Basically having a caustics overlay in Zora's domain. To give it it's own feel and look, to differentiate it from the rest of the the locations. This is just a image I found on google, tiled and overlayed to see what it would look like.

I'm thinking what I wanna do is size it down by about half, and edit it into an overlay with like 3 colors. Your blue hue, the white lines and some shade to blend the blue to the white. Also.. it will need to be animated. D:
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2010, 09:05:49 pm »

Ah. Looks way better sized down. And I think it looks better with NPCs on top of the overlay... That's just me though.
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2010, 09:54:44 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o !!!!!!!
... so good I'm speechless.
  • My Music

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2010, 09:59:16 pm »
Same here. You know if you did all the graphics, I would actually consider making OOT2D and put all my effort into trying to complete it. These graphics are that good!!!

EDIT: Could you do Volvagia next? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2010, 10:03:43 pm »
Blame DJ. It's his masterpiece. :)
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2010, 10:04:28 pm »
Volvagia? She's on my list. But I need to start finishing some of the things I've started lately.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2010, 12:46:07 am »
  • Xiphirx
Whats with the new wave of awesome spriters D:?

Keep it up :3
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2010, 01:03:42 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
what about masking the caustics overlay only to the areas of the map that are water? I think it looks really cool on the water surface, and a bit out of place on the walls.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2010, 02:49:08 am »

What does ZFGC think about this? That's 15 frames there.. I am pleased thus far.
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2010, 02:53:32 am »
looks like they are all underwater.
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2010, 02:56:01 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
The waterfalls need to be animated and the water effect needs to only be on the water.

The water overlay itself is great though.
  • My Music

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2010, 03:24:12 am »
wow nice effect, and i agree with Kren. All in all nice one.
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 77 queries.