Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AVP 2 looks...good? The hell?  (Read 1193 times)

AVP 2 looks...good? The hell?
« on: August 25, 2007, 03:17:18 am »
I don't know how many of you agree, but Alien Vs. Predator was a huge let down with only fleeting minutes of coolness.

Today, I watched the trailer for the sequel (on IGN for anybody curious to see it) and somehow I'm pumped. The midwestern small town is a bad idea for the setting, but this baby is rated R, just like the first movie should have been. Not only that, the CGI seems very limited and the Predators appear to be far more powerful this time around (I'm an alien fan and I still thought the Predators got the short end of the stick in the first one).

Above all else, the aliens make the same animal-like screeches they did from the second movie, a huge plus in my book.

Here's hoping the movie is as good as the trailer.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
Re: AVP 2 looks...good? The hell?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 01:52:01 pm »
I'm definitely going to go and see it, same with the first one, as I too am a big fan of both the Alien and Predator films.

It looks quite good, seems there may be more action in this one, I must admit though that I am slightly annoyed at how its more a monster film than a sci-fi film, I really wish they would do the same story as in the comic which was set on a colony planet but then the first film basically was that story just in a different setting.

And yeah I was annoyed at the almost feeble fighting between the predators and aliens in the first film as once again in the comic each predator would usually be fighting 4 - 6 aliens at any one time.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 10:00:34 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
eh...the first seemed kind of stupid.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 02:31:44 am »
Wow, that was a good trailer; Coming as a fan of the orginal comics and games, the first one was such a let down... this looks to be an improvement indeed, though I think the trailer revealed a little too much, I can already make a good guess a some of the plot developments.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 02:03:59 pm »
Yeah it did show a lot, then again, they need to work extra hard to make sure people will forget about the first one and watch the sequel.  :P
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 04:05:05 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Errr... I liked the alien movies, but the first AVP was REALLY gay. I'm hoping this one doesn't suck as much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 49 queries.

anything