Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nobody cares...but AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!  (Read 971 times)

Nobody cares...but AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
« on: November 16, 2007, 05:22:49 am »
Okay this has made my week.

Basically, I'm a huge fan of Godzilla. I've seen almost all of the 28 movies and was kinda sad that "Final Wars" put the series on hiatus. But now, 3 years later we finally see something...not quite a real movie, but it's a glimpse of stuff to come.

Basically, a sequel to some kind of drama or something is being released, but early in the film there is a dream sequence featuring a beautiful CGI Godzilla. I'm not talking the American crap one either, this is the real deal, and as much as I hate CGI, this is done right and looks bloody amazing.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2007/11/12/always-sunset-on-third-street-2/

Anybody who has ever liked the real Godzilla will probably be blown away by how brilliant this looks. Now if only they'd make a whole movie using the same style and technique.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
Re: Nobody cares...but AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 06:16:36 am »
I am, (or rather, was), a huge fan of Godzilla.  I can't say that I've seen every film, but I know the mythos quite well.  It's sad that not many of the newer films have been able to capture the interest of the masses like the original, but there have been some very epic sequels in its run.

It's just unfortunate that many of the more recent film have almost intentionally been campy, (kinda like the newer "Friday the 13th" movies..."Jason X" anyone??). I was really excited when the American version of "Godzilla" came out, and at the time I thought it was good, (I think I was like 8 or something like that), but it really doesn't hold up with the legacy of the series.  Godzilla can be interpreted two ways; One, as a political statement, (as in the original movie...the current state of the world would be perfect for this *America-cough*), and also as campy but entertaining monster flick, (most of the sequels, though not all).

Hopefully this upcoming movie brings back the subtle political statements of the original...don't get me wrong, I'm an American, but I can honestly say that I hate America more than any other country, (politically speaking), at the moment. This would be a perfect time to make a Godzilla movie that is both true to current world events and able to satisfy long time fans.  The CG model that the site you linked to shows isn't quite as good as what I would hope, but the style is exactly what I would hope it would be.  Hopefully they refine it before the movie is finished...assuming this movie is actually being made.

Long live Gojira!

Edit:
Wow...I completely missed the point of this thread.....like, hardcore...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 04:02:37 pm by Domo »
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 07:50:37 am »
Well it's not a Godzilla movie..he has a 1 minute cameo. I'm just saying it's probably what we can expect from future releases.

Hmm, but if you want something that really captures the spirit of the original, rent "Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidora, All Out Giant Monster Attack". It's a mouthful of a title, but the effects work is brilliant, and for the first time in many years Godzilla is truly an evil force out to punish mankind...from the senseless onscreen deaths of innocents to his souless white eyes, it's pure monster magic.

I'd also suggest Final Wars, but only because it's like 10 super entertaining movies in one.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 07:51:47 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
XD that looks awesome!

I wish our movies and shows had cameos of godzilla :(

seriously though; I'm not THAT big of a fan, but I did enjoy what few movies I have seen :P
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 11:08:03 am »
XD that looks awesome!

I wish our movies and shows had cameos of godzilla :(

seriously though; I'm not THAT big of a fan, but I did enjoy what few movies I have seen :P
You took the words right out of my mouth.  I'm the same way.

The model does look sweeeeeet!

under the alias DarkLink6235

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 02:39:03 pm »
  • b e p i s
I'm not really much on Godzilla as I've not really seen the movies, but I had a Godzilla doll when I was a kid that looked EXACTLY like that. So awesome! :D
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 46 queries.

anything