Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WMP Refusing to play .MIDI  (Read 852 times)

WMP Refusing to play .MIDI
« on: September 13, 2007, 11:50:47 pm »
A recent problem that's never happened before; whenever I click on a MIDI file, be it from my computer or the internet, Windows Media Player refuses to play.  It gives me the message:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

However, it will play mp3 files and other types of audio just fine.  And as far as I know, there's no codec needed to play MIDI files.

Can anyone help? :(
Re: WMP Refusing to play .MIDI
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 01:20:38 am »
A recent problem that's never happened before; whenever I click on a MIDI file, be it from my computer or the internet, Windows Media Player refuses to play.  It gives me the message:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

However, it will play mp3 files and other types of audio just fine.  And as far as I know, there's no codec needed to play MIDI files.

Can anyone help? :(
Maybe your built-in midi instruments got corrupted or removed...
Try searching for Yamaha XG Synthesizer drivers/midi kinda thing...
It sounds like MAYBE your mpu-401 or whatever or your General Midi got damaged...
Midis aren't real songs, it is basically "sheet music" that tells your computer to play a certain instrument,at a certain time, at a certain pitch, etc etc etc...You probably already knew that...lol...Anyways, your instrument drivers/files might've got removed or damaged...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: WMP Refusing to play .MIDI
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 12:45:06 am »
Uh, nevermind.

It just occured to me to reinstall Windows Media Player, and now everything's fine.
Thanks though
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 39 queries.

anything