Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC style Discussion  (Read 168563 times)

gm112

Re: ZFGC style
« Reply #900 on: April 12, 2007, 09:00:58 pm »
Why don't you make these? Seriously, this is an open community thing, not some community requests topic. Although, I have no room to talk because I don't sprite <_<.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #901 on: April 12, 2007, 09:02:26 pm »
needed to be done:
snow
lava
rocks
pits
trees
long grass
Thanks for that, Captain Obvious. And remember this topic is not a REQUEST-topic, but a CONTRIBUTION-topic. Get that straight. Thanks.

Why don't you make these? Seriously, this is an open community thing, not some community requests topic. Although, I have no room to talk because I don't sprite <_<.
You had a point though.

Now let's move on with the topic.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #902 on: April 12, 2007, 09:17:32 pm »
I was bringing up a list takam posted on P23.

gm112

« Reply #903 on: April 12, 2007, 09:19:25 pm »
I was bringing up a list takam posted on P23.
Even still, .Takam would post that himself, not you. That's not your job now is it?
« Reply #904 on: April 12, 2007, 09:25:44 pm »
So,who makes what?
Think,gm if I make snow and 2 other people make snow,its time wasted.(duh)

gm112

« Reply #905 on: April 12, 2007, 09:30:01 pm »
Not exactly. It would actually help out. Would if you made everything and you sucked at some parts? The other people who made it could possibly be better than you at your flaws. So I did think, perhaps you should think it over before you post :P.

EDIT: By the way, since you said that TAKAM posted what was needed, I meant that you should leave it to TAKAM or the spriters to post it. Just to make that clear.

EDIT #2: Why the spriters? Spriters contributed, not you.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 09:33:19 pm by gm112 »
« Reply #906 on: April 12, 2007, 11:33:44 pm »
I havent posted my stuff yet,sorry.Ill post slightly later.
« Reply #907 on: April 13, 2007, 12:52:36 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
i've made this for personal use, so please dont use it *hint hint* but i'd like some C+C on it.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #908 on: April 13, 2007, 01:14:07 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I thought that everything made was supposed to be public.. Anyways, he looks a little bit too front-on, his head is kinda pointy instead of round, he seems to not have much shading, and the markings on his robe seem.. unorganized.. (not really the right word for it)? Anyways, I believe he can be salvaged!
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #909 on: April 13, 2007, 01:20:46 am »
well i guess now that i think about it, i dont mind people using it since it's very similar to the ww style, but when i start making more changes i'll probably keep that one for myself

« Reply #910 on: April 13, 2007, 01:24:57 am »
  • Lionfish App dev

I tried to do some touching up. I made it a bit better, you think? Not perfect of course, but...
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #911 on: April 13, 2007, 01:29:29 am »
looks like you beat me to it, although one side of the red symbol should be green.  I think I need to make him look a bit uhh...fatter

edit: there we be =D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 01:32:04 am by MasterGohan Zero »

« Reply #912 on: April 13, 2007, 02:05:36 am »
well i guess now that i think about it, i dont mind people using it since it's very similar to the ww style, but when i start making more changes i'll probably keep that one for myself
yup, zfgc style is public domain
you can ask people not to use, or edit your sprites, but they are allowed to
you agreed to this when you made a sprite in a public style

Takam,this isnt your style.This is as much mine as yours.We all get to decide what goes in.

BTW,keese,can somebody give me an idea of how to make it?I've been playing GB games recently,so....
on the first post of the first page, I state that I will be the judge for this project, and I will enforce some quality control
if you're upset because I won't accept every mediocre sprite, then stop participating
I think this was said a few pages before,but if most peeps want the heart peices in,but takam doesnt,that isnt fair for it not to be in.What the hell.Ill throw together a tileset of every last thing and post it XD
and if you keep up that annoying attitude I'll see to it that you do stop participating
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 02:10:21 am by .TakaM »
« Reply #913 on: April 13, 2007, 02:29:05 am »
yup, zfgc style is public domain
you can ask people not to use, or edit your sprites, but they are allowed to
you agreed to this when you made a sprite in a public style

Takam,this isnt your style.This is as much mine as yours.We all get to decide what goes in.

BTW,keese,can somebody give me an idea of how to make it?I've been playing GB games recently,so....
on the first post of the first page, I state that I will be the judge for this project, and I will enforce some quality control
if you're upset because I won't accept every mediocre sprite, then stop participating
I think this was said a few pages before,but if most peeps want the heart peices in,but takam doesnt,that isnt fair for it not to be in.What the hell.Ill throw together a tileset of every last thing and post it XD
and if you keep up that annoying attitude I'll see to it that you do stop participating
takam <.< chill out :P, well I recommend you, to post the sprites/tiles you accept in the first post, and if people choose something not from the already mentioned post it is up to them, since quality really matters, that way people can post mediocre stuff, but the creators of the games can choose which to use and which not to use(most probably the ones in the first post), obviously the ones that use mediocre/not accepted sprites will give credit to zfgc, not to the spriter.
« Reply #914 on: April 13, 2007, 02:34:35 am »
lol
Im quite calm :P just check if I swear, I'm probably not calm

this quality control is because one day, this will be finished and I don't want multiple versions floating round and ill-informed people won't know which is the official set

and really, only a few things have been made for the last 20 or so pages (estimating) and most of the replies have just been "that looks cool", "*this* sucks" etc

there are some things I really want to accept, but I don't think they're finished yet, the multiple link sheets, king mobs alt house tiles etc
« Reply #915 on: April 13, 2007, 02:38:05 am »
  • :D
Okay, I'm not really a part of this, but i thought I'd just pop my head in and say one little thing about this issue you seem to be having.

I agree that there needs to be "quality control", which Taka currenty controls alone... but I think he should pick a few more people (who know a thing or two about spriting XD), so there is a more fair system of choosing what stays and what goes.

Giving people options for tiles just makes this seem unorganized, uncoordinated, and plain confusing.  Stick with selecting carefully, but you need more than just taka (no offense intended taka :D)
« Reply #916 on: April 13, 2007, 02:38:35 am »
lol
Im quite calm :P just check if I swear, I'm probably not calm

this quality control is because one day, this will be finished and I don't want multiple versions floating round and ill-informed people won't know which is the official set

and really, only a few things have been made for the last 20 or so pages (estimating) and most of the replies have just been "that looks cool", "*this* sucks" etc

there are some things I really want to accept, but I don't think they're finished yet, the multiple link sheets, king mobs alt house tiles etc
I didn't though of that possibility. Then I agree with you, but you will always expect different versions, when this is complete someone will edit it, then another one and another one, you just need this thread as proof that this is the original zfgc style. :P and you are right about the last 20 pages heh, when I returned I was like" o.o WTF 50 pages?!? "then I saw the first post and there was no mayor update, I was expecting to see atleast inside house tiles.
« Reply #917 on: April 13, 2007, 02:40:34 am »
mmmm, I have been thinking about getting some more people to be judges..
« Reply #918 on: April 13, 2007, 02:46:17 am »
I talked to you last night about that Takam, remember..?
If u want me to be one, it's okay for me.

"Zelda: The Last Day" (Pause)
D??mo v1.0: [|||||-----] :41%

''The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of time 2D++'' (Pause)
D??mo 1.0 : [++++++||] = 85%
« Reply #919 on: April 13, 2007, 02:49:37 am »

whats wrong with this,ill fix it.I want this to be in.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 78 queries.

anything