Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doom 3  (Read 1285 times)

Doom 3
« on: May 30, 2007, 11:12:42 pm »
I've recently started this game since I can now run it.

And this game is so good :D But the downside is that it makes me so scared to play it I usually only play for like 10 minutes at a time  XD

Anyone else played this game?  :)
Re: Doom 3
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:21:30 pm »
  • that old name
I have this game.. I pre-ordered it before release :D. My PC(laptop circa 2003) runs it... adequately.

I never fully beat it, and no longer have my old save files.
It can get repetitive ..i guess, but it's sooo scary - doing just what it's supposed to!
I'd always play it late at night, and it'd make me too freaked out to.. move, afterwards :-[.

I'll beat it someday ..:).
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 11:28:32 pm »
Played it, completed it, moded it -> Dull.

Though I do like to look at some of the cool things they have managed to do with the engine :D. Some of the easter eggs in the game also crack me up, its fun just looking through the doom media files (just unzip the pk3 files, they are only zip files with a different name :D) to find odd sound files or funny images, a few of which I nick to test out my own games :D. The developers had quite an imagination.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 12:00:59 am »
  • =/
 The best level in that whole game is the beginning, before the teleporter screws up. I love how much detail was put into it, making it feel like an actual space station. (Although in real life, that whole place would be a hazard... lights going out, smashed pipes, etc all BEFORE the creatures get there.)
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 10:49:53 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
When you first start playing it, it is scary, and if you come back after a long break, it is scary. It's just that if you play it repeatedly in short intervals (like once every day), you soon become numb to the evil red lights and dark corners.

That being said, it is quite a good game, and it did what the other 2 doom games couldn't do, make my 5 year old cousin (of the time) actually wet himself when I let him play it XD
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 01:30:58 pm »
Yeah I love the parts when the space station isn't !@#$% over yet. Mainly because it won't scare me as much then.

The detail is really brutal. I mean the game must be atleast 2 years old by now but it looks better then most games now.
I have everything set to max on my PC and it rarely lags. Only when I waste way too much ammo when some alien is suddenly behind me again >_> and I start shooting around manic.

I am now just past the Alpha Labs I believe. And I start seeing all these floating faces covered in fire....nice.
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 01:59:18 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Just wait until you enter Hell for the first time...not to give anything away, that part is AWESOME!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 02:11:13 pm »
Bleh, thou shalt not spoil >_>
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 02:26:48 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Going into hell is pretty obvious...well, I think it's hell...maybe just a red place...
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 08:47:38 pm »
It's a pretty good game, very repetitive though.  I think my review for it is still up on Frider Waves.

Yep, here it is:
http://friderwaves.com/permalink/doom3/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 08:50:30 pm by Fanu »
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 04:56:07 am »
Hah, i thought it was a pretty good game.
For some reason it doesn't beat the Classic doom for me. Those were some of my favorite games.

Was reallly scary when i first started playing it, then i eventually got over it. But i never got over the "What the !@#$%, why is it so quiet right now?" or the "Jesus, what the hell's around the corner?" feelings.
Hello, mom?
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 10:30:52 am »
Indeed, I mean even when there are no enemies at all, the sound and lighting still freaks you out.

And those little crawling spiders !@#$% me off so much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.325 seconds with 61 queries.

anything