Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: To all Californians...vote NO on prop 8!  (Read 33455 times)

Re: To all Californians...vote NO on prop 8!
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 10:01:08 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
I donate canned goods to the homeless quite often, believe it or not. And I'm not quite sure what you mean by "helping the weak"...but it sounds like something I would do!

And gay people are just as nice, compassionate, and generous as, if not more than, everyone else, I can assure you. There's no question, in my opinion, that gay people are just as good of people as the rest of humanity.

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2008, 10:02:36 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Though if you look at any photo with a group of people from a charity, going of base statistics 1 in 10 of those people are gay. Obviously it doesn't work out like that, but you see my point.

To make a charity called "LGBT for Stopping Poverty" would be rather pointless since  just as if not more effective charities exist. Then again, a charity like that almost undoubtedly exists...that's this Craaazy world we live in. 100 charities all trying to do exactly the same things...wouldn't it be easier to combine them all into one super charity? People can get all of their pompous-self-righteousness out of the way in a huge crowd of ego-boosting-by-helping-others!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 10:07:06 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 10:06:11 pm »
  • Minalien
I'm voting yes. It's a religious issue, and every religion I can think of defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 10:07:43 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I'm voting yes. It's a religious issue, and every religion I can think of defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

Except it isn't, like I said:
Religious Marriage and Legal Marriage are completely separate things nowadays. They may have started the same, but that's irrelevant in the modern world: They became separate entities when church and state became separate entities.
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 10:09:29 pm »
  • *whistle*

When it involves the law, it's not a religious issue.

If you want it to be a religious issue, then you should try to start a petition abolishing the legal institution of marriage; only then would it be constitutional for marriage to be a religious issue.

I will only accept the "it's a religious issue" argument once there are no legal issues surrounding marriage.

Oh, also, several denominations of Christianity and Buddhism accept definitions of marriage that include same-sex partnership. So there ya go.
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2008, 10:30:53 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Though if you look at any photo with a group of people from a charity, going of base statistics 1 in 10 of those people are gay. Obviously it doesn't work out like that, but you see my point.

To make a charity called "LGBT for Stopping Poverty" would be rather pointless since  just as if not more effective charities exist. Then again, a charity like that almost undoubtedly exists...that's this Craaazy world we live in. 100 charities all trying to do exactly the same things...wouldn't it be easier to combine them all into one super charity? People can get all of their pompous-self-righteousness out of the way in a huge crowd of ego-boosting-by-helping-others!

I'm gonna guess you're about 17?

*checks age*

Damn I'm good. Funny thing is in real world instances its impossible to unify everyone under one ideal, even if its something as great as charity.

@ Aliento: Cool bro, glad to see you're helping the community. I'm not saying gays are bad by any stretch of the imagination, just that, I'd be more willing to help the community as a whole if their community as a whole would be more willing to help others. Protesting is fine and dandy, but if you want to get real people's support, you need to show them you deserve it, instead of throwing logic in their faces that will go above most of their heads.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2008, 10:37:26 pm »
Maybe you should form your own opinion, instead of just taking your opinion from what religion says. Religions often change their opinion over time. Slavery used to be A-OK with pastors and priests back in the day. What do you think they would say about slavery now? Do you think that 500 years from now, priests may condone some of the same things they condemn today?

Why not be ahead of the times?

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2008, 10:38:14 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
That all-charity-under-one was supposed to be humour, light social commentary and not to be taken seriously. I'm well aware of how the real world operates and how people are all bastards who'd never work on such a unified front unless a gun was held to everyone's heads (which is why I think I should be crowned grand-ruler and lord of the universe ;)).
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2008, 11:42:01 pm »
  • Minalien
Maybe you should form your own opinion, instead of just taking your opinion from what religion says. Religions often change their opinion over time. Slavery used to be A-OK with pastors and priests back in the day. What do you think they would say about slavery now? Do you think that 500 years from now, priests may condone some of the same things they condemn today?

Why not be ahead of the times?
Alright, you want my opinion? Here:

I sincerely think that you should shut the !@#$% up.

There. You have my opinion.

When gays stop acting like they're different and crying for attention because of it, I'll vote to allow gay marriage. Until then, they need to learn to stop bitching and find constructive ways to get what they want.

Also, I do support gay marriage. As long as both women are hot.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2008, 11:59:39 pm »

I don't think anyone who forms opinions like this should be allowed to vote. It's clear that you don't want to listen to logic. Why even post here?

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 12:04:24 am »
  • Minalien

I don't think anyone who forms opinions like this should be allowed to vote. It's clear that you don't want to listen to logic. Why even post here?
The more things change, the more they stay the same. The fact that you're stubborn and holding to your opinion is no different from the fact that I'm holding to mine and pushing my beliefs and thoughts on the issue.

• Development Blog

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2008, 12:10:49 am »
  • Xiphirx

Exactly what my mom said :P
  • For The Swarm

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2008, 06:33:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
* Mamoruanime raises hand

How come when someone has an issue with gay marriages someone blames it on religion?

Just vague curiosity, no real concern behind it really <_<;; I know a ton of atheists who are very against gay marriage AND religion <_<;; I think it's unfair to try to associate one another based on the support/disapproval from a large majority of one group
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:36:15 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2008, 06:39:33 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

How come when someone has an issue with gay marriages someone blames it on religion?

Just vague curiosity, no real concern behind it really <_<;; I know a ton of atheists who are very against gay marriage AND religion <_<;; I think it's unfair to try to associate one another based on the support/disapproval from a large majority of one group

It's because the world is full of too many people who have their opinions dictated to them through a book.  Religion is by far the leading agent of homophobia.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2008, 06:42:51 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

It's because the world is full of too many people who have their opinions dictated to them through a book.  Religion is by far the leading agent of homophobia.

There's other ones too tho :( attack them tooooz

The Gay Pride Parade is to celebrate the removal of the laws preventing homosexuality. THATS WHY IT EXISTS.

This will sound bad, but it's counterproductive. Laws aren't put into place because a small group of people (by small I mean a couple thousand mind you; small in terms of how large a state is) decide to make themselves known or heard. They're put into place because they're passed by the majority of people, so on so forth. Parades, protests, etc don't make people want to vote for said issue... Typically it just pisses them off. There are other means of getting things done in a bureaucratic fashion that's more effective :P... You don't need to flaunt to get things done basically...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:39:50 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2008, 07:39:49 am »
If I lived in California I have to say I would vote yes to prop 8. I don't think a marriage between two men or two women makes any sense. All the benefits (tax exemptions etc...) that come from being legally married are pretty much based on the fact that marriages often lead to families, raising children. Two men or two women should not be raising a child together, as it not conducive to a healthy environment for the child. There are things that a mother can teach a child and there are things that a father can teach a child and to say that two men or two women, or, for that matter could provide the kind of care and love that a child should get is bull crap.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2008, 10:25:43 am »
  • Fight the Power
I agree with Fictitious, it wouldn't be healthy for their children. They would probably have a crappy childhood, get bullied at school, etc.
Homosexual couples should think about this and decide not to adopt any children.

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2008, 11:17:46 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I agree with Fictitious, it wouldn't be healthy for their children. They would probably have a crappy childhood, get bullied at school, etc.
Homosexual couples should think about this and decide not to adopt any children.

That's really none of your business.  Homophobic people should think about this and STFU.

Mayyybe it's the hateful bastards who should change, and not the victims.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:24:01 am by Shefali »
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2008, 11:47:54 am »
  • Fight the Power
What I meant by that comment is, before they adopt a child, they should think about what awaits him.

I'm seriously out of topics like this. You guys never accept people being against homosexuality and go ''BAW HOMOPHOBIC!! STFU!! <3 GAYs!!!'' each time I post a comment. It's like the third time you do this Shefali.

Oh and you're right, it's their !@#$% business, not mine. We shouldn't care about those children, since we aren't concerned. Right?

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2008, 02:31:01 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exPoH1JX0Q8

I already made an argument for this, so dont mind if I copy and paste. I'm feeling a tad lazy.

Do you know this for certain? Have you yourself witnessed children being made fun of for their parents? Hell, during my childhood, nobody ever brought up my parents even once, they wouldn't have any way to know about them. Even if they did, so what? Children are assholes anyways. They'll find any reason to make fun of other kids.

In Middle school, I was tormented the entire 3 years because in my 5th grade year book, when it asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?", I wrote "A Pokemon Master!". I was miserable, and wish I never wrote that. But what if I hadn't? They probably would have found some other stupid thing to make fun of me over and things would be about as bad.

Essentially, you could say the same thing about, say, Muslims raising a child here. A lot of children would make fun of this child and make him miserable. Should Muslims not be allowed to have children in America?

There are things that a mother can teach a child and there are things that a father can teach a child and to say that two men or two women, or, for that matter could provide the kind of care and love that a child should get is bull crap.

What the hell. Are you trying to say that a gay couple would be unable to LOVE and CARE for a child? THAT is bull crap. That's the most idiotic thing I have heard in this topic. Gay people live and love and have feelings and are human, just like everyone else.

And what about Single parents? As you said, there are things only certain genders can teach, right? So naturally, we should take all children of single parents and give them to foster homes. Yeah right. A good enough parent can rise to the occasion and can teach a child just as well.

If a child is raised by two homosexual parents, kids will naturally begin to think that the child is a homosexual, an issue which may actually make a child feel homosexual, due to confusion and a lack of self-esteem and self-pride that would allow that child to otherwise rise up against the insults of his/her peers.

Yeah, that's a load of !@#$%. Naturally, they would likely teach the child positive values such as kindness to others, regardless of differences, and tolerance. There is a chance the child may indeed be homosexual, but that is not increased by having homosexual parents. Just as many homosexuals are born to nasty right-wing bible-thumpers as are to loving tolerant homes.

I'd also say that it's not unreasonable to say that parents who WANT a child would generally make for better parents than those who conceive by accident. Therefore, adoptive parents would, in general, make for better parents. Goodness knows, I wish I had same-sex parents more than the parents I have, who collectively know DICK about child-raising.

And I noticed this post in another topic:
Yahtzees reviews are irrelevant. Honestly, the guy doesn't even like games, asking him which games are fun to play is like asking Aliento which hot female model would be the best to bang.
I take an objection to that. I'm plenty good at telling how attractive a lady is. Dont tell me that because you're straight, you cannot tell the difference between a male model and a man with disfiguring scars. The only difference is that you would not find the model attractive to you, personally.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 02:43:20 pm by Aliento »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 79 queries.