Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capcom... what the !@#$% are you guys doing with Dead Rising Wii?...  (Read 3006 times)

Capcom... what the !@#$% are you guys doing with...
« on: October 13, 2008, 10:20:27 am »
Now we all know that the Wii isn't as strong as the 360 and PS3. But seriously only around 6 zombies at once?.. That has nothing to do with the limited power the Wii has. We're not expecting 1000 zombies at once. But just 6 zombies is a !@#$% joke.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Capcom... what the !@#$% are you guys doing ...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 10:29:04 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Now we all know that the Wii isn't as strong as the 360 and PS3. But seriously only around 6 zombies at once?.. That has nothing to do with the limited power the Wii has. We're not expecting 1000 zombies at once. But just 6 zombies is a !@#$% joke.

...lol a day late and a dollar short on this one, but yeah <_<;;

Dead Rising Wii is a joke. No more PP system. Limited zombies. lame lame lame.

Anyway, mind citing your sources? <_<;; you have nothing to back up your statements at all for those who don't know. If you're referring to http://kotaku.com/5040381/dead-rising-wii-+-how-gimped-it-is , keep in mind--- the version they played was a small technical demo. It's not going to be as robust as the final product. However, either way- being a big fan of the 360 version, I know this game will suck on the wii.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:34:20 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 10:52:19 am »
I made this topic after having seen the latest gameplay trailers.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 11:50:05 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I made this topic after having seen the latest gameplay trailers.

Care to link them? (that's what I'm getting at <_<;;)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 12:39:40 pm »
Oh, how shocking. Wii is as powerful as a last gen system. I never expected this. Ever.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 01:50:03 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Oh, how shocking. Wii is as powerful as a last gen system. I never expected this. Ever. No one seen this coming. What a shocker.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 03:04:40 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Oh, how shocking. Wii is as powerful as a last gen system. I never expected this. Ever.
You can't really deny that RE4 looks way better than this though. SERIOUS BUSINESSANG or not. :D

Edit: And my point is that even the Wii can do better. THOUGHT I NEEDED TO POINT THAT OUT LOL

I </3 Sol

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 03:09:25 pm »
You can't really deny that RE4 looks way better than this though. SERIOUS BUSINESSANG or not. :D

Edit: And my point is that even the Wii can do better. THOUGHT I NEEDED TO POINT THAT OUT LOL

Yeah, not like RE4 was tailor made for the Wii or anything.

o wait
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 03:22:18 pm »
  • *whistle*

o wait

I don't understand what the hell you're trying to say there. RE4 is a GAMECUBE game. Sure, it has a Wii version, but even the bloody Gamecube version looks better than the current Dead Rising.

Sure, mitch and boan yesididthatonpurpose all you like about the Wii, but at least it's more powerful than the Gamecube.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 03:29:47 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Sure, mitch and boan yesididthatonpurpose all you like about the Wii, but at least it's more powerful than the Gamecube.

Then why does it keep getting GC ports? Why not make better (looking) games?
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 03:33:16 pm »

o wait

I don't understand what the hell you're trying to say there. RE4 is a GAMECUBE game. Sure, it has a Wii version, but even the bloody Gamecube version looks better than the current Dead Rising.

Play the original Dead Rising and it should be clear why
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 04:01:37 pm »
  • *whistle*

Then why does it keep getting GC ports? Why not make better (looking) games?

Two words:
Lazy developers.

The wii is successful, but not with "core gamers"; it's paradoxically true that the console will fail to attract high sales for games that core gamers want, and as long as the console lacks "core games" core gamers will fail to buy the console (and games for it) in any great numbers.

These "core games" cost more to develop than the games that the wii gets good sales for; therefore, most of any budget is going to go into developing those games. Anything that's left over can be spent on the "core gamers" and therefore this results in...

Sloppy ports!

Not got a lot to do with the console itself, just the market. Quite sad really.
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 05:03:58 pm »
I really don't understand why they don't make an effort, the Wii has one of the largest install bases of the next gen systems, I'd be pouring my money into that system especially with such a  limited number of "core" games. Wii owners are definitely thirsty for some coreness.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 05:11:41 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I really don't understand why they don't make an effort, the Wii has one of the largest install bases of the next gen systems, I'd be pouring my money into that system especially with such a  limited number of "core" games. Wii owners are definitely thirsty for some coreness.

Most 'core' Wii owners have stopped caring, lost their faith in the console, and pissed off to Microsoft and/all Sony. All that remains are masochists that enjoy being anally ravaged by Nintendo's fast-diminishing man-hood.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 05:15:45 pm »
  • :3

Most 'core' Wii owners have stopped caring, lost their faith in the console, and pissed off to Microsoft and/all Sony. All that remains are masochists that enjoy being anally ravaged by Nintendo's fast-diminishing man-hood.

Imagine Nintendo in the middle, and Sony on the right, with Microsoft on the left. I haven't gone neither left nor right, instead back in time. I've gone backwards a loooooooooong !@#$% way. Way back to the NES.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 08:35:55 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread

o wait
Well it wasn't, since it is a Gamecube port with waggle but yeah. There's obviously a huge difference in budget here.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 03:31:18 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
Because the kind of gamers the 360 Dead Rising was aimed at probably already have a 360. They said in an interview that the Wii version would be dumbed down for the Wii's audience. Of course, since it isn't a minigame collection it'll probably sell horribly. I don't get why Capcom thought it would be a better idea to port Dead Rising to the Wii then to port it to the PS3. PS3 version would both be easier to make and probably sell more copies. The only good thing that would come out of this Wii port would be if Frank West was in the next Smash Bros game. He'd be a great character. He's covered wars you know. I'd rather have Mega Man in the next Smash though. Maybe Frank wearing the full Mega Man costume could be an alternate costume.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 03:38:06 am by Takuthehedgehog »
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 06:30:19 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%

Obviously you've never heard of a magical thing called a CPU, or a port of a game designed for the 360's CPU and not the Wii's.

I should close this topic now, that's how right I am. For serious.

Two words:
Lazy developers.

On what's supposed to be a game development forum, you should be getting hell for making this statement. Lazy devs? Try hardware limitations. Yes, the difference between a GCN and a Wii CPU is much more streamlined than the difference between a 360 CPU and a Wii CPU. Perhaps thats why it looks better? Couldn't be though, because LOGIC IS FORBIDDEN!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:36:42 pm by Walnutt1000 »
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 12:43:34 am »
  • Minalien
Two words:
Lazy developers.

On what's supposed to be a game development forum, you should be getting hell for making this statement. Lazy devs? Try hardware limitations. Yes, the difference between a GCN and a Wii CPU is much more streamlined than the difference between a 360 CPU and a Wii CPU. Perhaps thats why it looks better? Couldn't be though, because LOGIC IS FORBIDDEN!
Bearing in mind how few of us actually know anything about development beyond the drag-and-drop functionality provided by RAD tools such as Game Maker, or the "Hey, I just !@#$% work" functionality of RPG Maker, I'm not surprised that people don't know <.<
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 75 queries.

anything