Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: DeadSpace coming to the Wii! :o  (Read 7158 times)

DeadSpace coming to the Wii! :o
« on: February 04, 2009, 11:08:13 am »

lawl dis not wii pic

EA has confirmed today that the hit J-horror game 'Dead Space' will be coming to the Wii! The game will be a port of the 360/PS3 title, and EA promises to keep it "high quality". The game is apparently due out earlier this year.
Well Dead space sure is an interesting horror game, now lets hope that EA makes it a "high quality" port! :)

source
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:17:00 am by Moon_child »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: DeadSpace coming to the Wii! :o
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 11:17:33 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
EA has confirmed today that the hit J-horror game 'Dead Space' will be coming to the Wii! The game will be a port of the 360/PS3 title, and EA promises to keep it "high quality". The game is apparently due out earlier this year.
Well Dead space sure is an interesting horror game, now lets hope that EA makes it a "high quality" port! :)

source

I think EA + "High Quality" have never gone together... Ever...

EA makes shovelware and crappy ports :\ I'm not expecting this to be decent
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:32:49 am »
  • *whistle*

source

EA have actually been making some good new intellectual property, y'know. Dead Space and Mirror's Edge... didn't sell very well compared to their "shovelware and crappy ports", so maybe that's why they made more money beforehand.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:39:52 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

source

EA have actually been making some good new intellectual property, y'know. Dead Space and Mirror's Edge... didn't sell very well compared to their "shovelware and crappy ports", so maybe that's why they made more money beforehand.

lol well I'm not even going to go into the issues I have with Mirrors Edge being called a good new intellectual property, but yeah. EA isn't hurting for money. EA Mobile (the only respectable division of EA) actually grosses in a ton, and has the highest yearly earnings over all other mobile developers by quite a bit. They're pretty well set. Low dev costs, and high sales.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 12:00:02 pm »
EA have been known to put out some pretty awesome games on occasion. I mean, I understand the hate, but being an EA game doesn't automatically make a game bad.

One thing I don't understand is that it says the game is due out earlier this year. I'm not sure that makes any sense.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 12:43:06 pm »
EA have been known to put out some pretty awesome games on occasion. I mean, I understand the hate, but being an EA game doesn't automatically make a game bad.

One thing I don't understand is that it says the game is due out earlier this year. I'm not sure that makes any sense.
Well just because they announced it yesterday doesn't meant they started porting the game since yesterday... ;)
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 07:09:13 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
One of the developers of the original Dead Space commented about it on NeoGAF, he himself not being a very big fan of the Wii in general said it looked very good and did the original game justice.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 07:11:22 pm »
One of the developers of the original Dead Space commented about it on NeoGAF, he himself not being a very big fan of the Wii in general said it looked very good and did the original game justice.
you believe random posters on the internet?

lol
how the !@#$% is this spam

this is an alt account for hyrule_boy
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 07:31:59 pm »
I have a few minor problems with this announcement.

1. Dead Space is a J-horror game now? The J being for Japanese? I highly doubt that, seeing as Dead Space is banned in Japan.

2. Earlier this year? How can you release something "earlier this year"? You're basically saying "we're going to release it six months ago". YOU CAN'T RELEASE THINGS IN THE PAST.
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 08:27:42 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Unless one of their big features to go along with Dead Space Wii is the EA Brand Time Machine.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 08:49:44 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
The earlier this year part is obviously a typo or mistake of some kind. Why the !@#$% is everyone focusing so much on it?

I don't know anything about Dead Space, so I can't really comment on that. Judging from the quality of previous Wii ports I'm not sure about this one, I'll probably give it a shot when it comes out though.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 09:31:19 pm »
  • Oh.

1. Dead Space is a J-horror game now? The J being for Japanese? I highly doubt that, seeing as Dead Space is banned in Japan.

2. Earlier this year? How can you release something "earlier this year"? You're basically saying "we're going to release it six months ago". YOU CAN'T RELEASE THINGS IN THE PAST.

I don't see that quote in the source, probably the poster's summary and a typo?
Hm.
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 11:28:39 pm »
  • :D

source

While that is most often true, Dead space on the PS3/360 is quite good.  But yeah, this'll probably be !@#$%.
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 02:14:13 am »

I don't see that quote in the source, probably the poster's summary and a typo?
You can't find that quote because it came from gbatemp.net! It kinda summed up what I was planning to type. So I copied it...  8)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:18:23 am by Moon_child »

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 07:28:09 am »
  • Silly cat!

source

While that is most often true, Dead space on the PS3/360 is quite good.  But yeah, this'll probably be !@#$%.
Because it's on Wii, right, Limey :P?

Hoffy.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 03:36:32 pm »

source

Sorry, but yeah.  Wii ports are awful, and the good original Wii games come with huge gaps inbetween.

I can honestly say I haven't played my Wii in over 6 months.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 04:18:42 pm »

source

Sorry, but yeah.  Wii ports are awful, and the good original Wii games come with huge gaps inbetween.

Wii ports don't have to be awful! Take a look at Call of duty 3 & World at War for the Wii for example. They are both pretty entertaining, it just really depends on how much effort a developer puts in a port. And that's where so much Wii ports go wrong, the developers hardly spent any effort in it. They just want to make a few bucks with hardly any work.
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 04:38:19 pm »

source

Wii ports don't have to be awful! Take a look at Call of duty 3 & World at War for the Wii for example. They are both pretty entertaining, it just really depends on how much effort a developer puts in a port. And that's where so much Wii ports go wrong, the developers hardly spent any effort in it. They just want to make a few bucks with hardly any work.

Well can you blame them?  They can make a multi-platform game for the 360 and PS3-- but if they want to release it for the wii, they have to dumb down everything from the controls to the graphics-- it is a LOT of work, compared to how much work is needed to convert from 360 to PS3 or vice versa.  If only the Wii had hardware capability even NEAR the other current generation consoles, this would not be a problem.

So it is NOT the developers fault, but Nintendo's fault, for creating such a weak and "innovative" piece of technology.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 04:44:34 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I agree with Limey entirely.

Creating a console for "Affordability" means you're going to have shithouse games, and even worse ports. The problem with the Wii is that it's not going to have that good of a lifespan. It has a nice initial "wow" but later on it just dwindles down to a crawl. I mean !@#$% look at how many people played the hell outta it when it came out who do not play it at all now.
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 07:50:07 pm »
I mean !@#$% look at how many people played the hell outta it when it came out who do not play it at all now.
Which is why Wii software sales are still beating the !@#$% out of everything else combined and how the tie ratio is absurdly high?
how the !@#$% is this spam

this is an alt account for hyrule_boy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 77 queries.

anything