Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just wait on price drop on the Switch, IMO  (Read 6879 times)

Just wait on price drop on the Switch, IMO
« on: January 13, 2017, 09:38:28 pm »
Glanced at the available titles for the Switch.  Breath of the Wild is obviously going the be the "have to have" title but will it carry the console to a later, but stronger line up when 3rd party titles hit?

I don't think so.  There is a "hit or miss" prediction going around already based on the launch lineup that Nintendo revealed.  Either the Switch will sell well enough for 6 months and be stable at a $300 tag or it will go the route of the original 3DS launch.  Remember that steep price cut?  Yeah....

Time will tell.  I already own a Wii U so BotW isn't out of my grasp.  I'll wait to see what happens to the Switch.  Let the big name streamers go buy it.  Let the scalpers do their thing.  If the console is still $300 by Christmas, I won't have missed much based on the lineup Nintendo provided.  If it drops, I win on savings.

• Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Just wait on price drop on the Switch, IMO
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:14:15 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I dont own a Wii U, but I want to play BotW SO BADLY! I dont know whether to get the switch or not, since I'm afraid that there wont be a lot of good games after its release, which I sencerely hope its not the case. I am also quite disapointed with the specs. 32 GB of storage? There's games that have 60 GB, and take into account that the switch will have a few GB occupied, much like any mobile phone does.
Also, now they are charging you for online. Oh, and in order to use the Nintendo online voice chat, you have to do it through your phone. Why does that even exist when you can install Skype, Facetime or even Whatsapp to videochat on your phone.

So we should we wait and see how it does before buying it incase its a letdown. The switch could have been overhyped, specially with BotW's release. STILL, I want to play BotW, so we'll see.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 12:57:34 am »
I dont own a Wii U, but I want to play BotW SO BADLY! I dont know whether to get the switch or not, since I'm afraid that there wont be a lot of good games after its release, which I sencerely hope its not the case. I am also quite disapointed with the specs. 32 GB of storage? There's games that have 60 GB, and take into account that the switch will have a few GB occupied, much like any mobile phone does.
Also, now they are charging you for online. Oh, and in order to use the Nintendo online voice chat, you have to do it through your phone. Why does that even exist when you can install Skype, Facetime or even Whatsapp to videochat on your phone.

So we should we wait and see how it does before buying it incase its a letdown. The switch could have been overhyped, specially with BotW's release. STILL, I want to play BotW, so we'll see.

Pick up a cheap Wii u.  The system itself is pretty cheap used.  You can also find tablet controllers cheap depending on where you look.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 02:31:05 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
So I just saw the trailer for the zelda game...

And I'm sure many others felt the same way after seeing that crisp trailer :D

My reactions:

The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 03:48:04 am »
  • I'm Pro!
the games have me impressed, the console and specs do not.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 04:04:58 am »
I wish that they made cheaper/dumbed-down joycon attachments (saving money by getting rid of advanced rumble, gyroscopes, etc.) with better button layouts. I'm looking forward to getting the Switch eventually because I'll be able to bring it to work and on vacations - plus I already have a USB-C adapters from my Nexus 5X. But yeah, the eventual online-pay for servers that weren't always the greatest plus Nintendo online not being as well designed as Xbox/Playstation, and voice-chat through a phone has me discouraged.

I'll give it time until it has a decent library and isn't scarce to get due to understocking - if I really want to get Breath of the Wild, I'll just get it for Wii U.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 08:40:20 am »
  • .越//
I don't need a big Lineup to play Zelda... i won't getting it through until anything else comes out half a year later.  XD
The only thing i don't like is that the Preorders for the Master Ed. didn't come to the EU and the resellers got all the US and JP...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 05:17:05 am »
  • I'm Pro!
The only thing i don't like is that the Preorders for the Master Ed. didn't come to the EU and the resellers got all the US and JP...

I honestly just want the coin, but fat chance I'll ever get that at a reasonable price.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 01:50:34 pm »
Kinda mad that the special edition in aus doesn't get the console carry case. Still preordered it though cause I'm an idiot with few other financial obligations.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 05:38:06 pm »
  • .越//
Kinda mad that the special edition in aus doesn't get the console carry case. Still preordered it though cause I'm an idiot with few other financial obligations.

same in europe... we get the sword and soundtrack though, so its not "that" bad
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:39:41 pm by dotyue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 57 queries.