Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Angra  (Read 635 times)

Angra
« on: December 11, 2007, 02:11:53 pm »
I really love this band, seriously. Hard to find songs I dislike by them. But...I want a new song to listen too, so any suggestions.

I have;
Temple of Shadows album
Nova Era
Heroes of Sand
Angels Cry
Re: Angra
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 09:17:47 pm »
I own every Angra album. Been listening to them for years. Sound has changed over time though. I personally prefer the old sound, when Andre Matos was still the lead singer. He brought a whole lot to that band besides just his voice. However I think Edu was a great replacement for him, and Angra is still a great band. They both have that same Angra sound, but if you pay attention you can really tell the difference between the Andre songs, and the Edu ones. The songs just had a different sound. Compare songs like Carolina IV, and The Shaman, Metal Icarus, Angels Cry, and Make Believe (all with Andre) to some more recent ones such as the entire temple of shadows, or rebirth albums.

Some of my favorites from Angra (not including what you listed) would have to be...

Metal Icarus
Carry On
Make Believe
Carolina IV
Running Alone
Acid Rain
The Shaman

The also did some good covers in their time. Such as "Painkiller" (Judas Priest) and "Kashmir" (Led Zeppelin). Check out the discography, there are good songs littered throughout it, by both Andre and Edu.

Although not Angra, check out "Fairy Tale", or "Reason More", by a band called Shaaman. That's where Andre went after he left Angra. Now he just released a solo record. But I haven't heard it yet. Also if you like instrumental at all. Give a listen to Kiko Loureiro's solo album. He is the main guitarist of Angra.
We may be human. But we're still animals.

Nebetsu

Harbinger
Re: Angra
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 03:30:32 am »
I gave them a listen a while back and went back to listening to Sonata Arctica :P

• Yiddish Nebbish
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 44 queries.

anything