Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time 3D : Having fishing problems  (Read 1098 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Ocarina of Time 3D : Having fishing problems
« on: June 18, 2011, 07:36:12 am »
I've been fishing for the 20 pounder for an hour today and 3 hours yesterday and everytime I get him hooked and fighting, halfway along the line he just F****** lets go. I'm getting immensly pissed off about it. I swear it wasn't this hard with the original.

Does anyone know any techniques on how to catch this son of a !@#$% because I actually want to move on in the game with other sidequests.
  • Phoenix Heart
Re: Ocarina of Time 3D : Having fishing problems
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 09:38:08 pm »
  • Minalien
Pro tip: If you're getting pissed at a game to the point where you're swearing, you're doing it wrong.

I'm willing to put money on you messing something up because of frustration. I'll be able to tell you tomorrow after I get the game, if I come up with any tips for it.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 09:13:14 am »
Pro tip: If you're getting pissed at a game to the point where you're swearing, you're doing it wrong.

I'm willing to put money on you messing something up because of frustration. I'll be able to tell you tomorrow after I get the game, if I come up with any tips for it.

Well I'm alot calmer today but I'm still having the exact same problems with it. This isn't down to frustration.
  • Phoenix Heart

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:07:15 am »
  • Silly cat!
I caught the 18-pounder (as Adult Link) and I still won the Golden Scale. Only took me about 40 minutes. The trick (like fishing IRL) is just patience. Don't get mad about it, try to have music or a movie going on in the background as you fish. If your aim is right, the Hylian Loach will take notice of your line. It tends to lose attention pretty easily, so don't get mad if it does. I found a good strategy was to wait until it stopped wagging its tail and then shift the line with the joystick. Keep doing this, and eventually the fish will lunge at the line. It's tricky to reel it in... the trick, I found (I'm not sure if it works) is to pull the joystick in the direction the loach isn't moving (so if it's pulling left, you pull right, if it pullls away from you, pull it to you). The Loach changes direction a lot. Just keep at it and you'll get it in time.

Hoffy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 45 queries.

anything