Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past Style Project (Great Deku Tree Finished!)  (Read 243193 times)

Re: Teh Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the Past
« Reply #200 on: April 07, 2010, 08:30:21 am »
I think he was talking in a technical sense Niek :P

The lost woods was constructed the same way and treated the same way as a cave or dungeon, whereas the rest was truly part of one "map" (I'm not using "map" in the GameMaker sense, where it's one big freakin' data type, but rather a collection of data meant as the same general unit).
I still think he is wrong. I think that they are still separate maps. I think that when Link is in one map, the adjacent maps that Link can travel to are loaded. And when Link crosses into the next map, that map gets activated and the old map is set as an adjacent map and new adjacent maps are loaded.

Why I think this. When I let Link run with the Pegasus boots cross multiple maps, the first map shows a normal transition. At the second map I notice a slight lag as if the map had not been fully loaded yet.

But I'm not to sure about it. As I am no ROM hacker and I don't know how Nintendo programmed it.

Okay so I sugest using an MC sence instead of ALttP mapping. It is simpler but it says much more. The top left one is the MC world map as an example. The bottem left is an example of what a fan may do with it. (I forgot who made it but credit does not go to me.) And the right one is the CPKoT aproach. It is actualy harder than MC and ALttP, but it is more elaborate and says more for itself. It may have never been finished, but it would look wonderfull if it was finished. (Thinking of finishing it for contributing to CPKoT when it comes back.) May I also sugest maying an addition to the lost woods where it says Zora's Domain then south from there make termina. Should't be too har cosidering the MC tiles already include clouds to cover up to nonused lands like ALttP, MM, and OoT does.
Okay, that did not make any sense at all.
« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2010, 08:35:01 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Okay, that did not make any sense at all.
Sorry, I fixed it. (I forgot to post the attachment.)
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2010, 08:35:30 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think he was talking in a technical sense Niek :P

The lost woods was constructed the same way and treated the same way as a cave or dungeon, whereas the rest was truly part of one "map" (I'm not using "map" in the GameMaker sense, where it's one big freakin' data type, but rather a collection of data meant as the same general unit).
I still think he is wrong. I think that they are still separate maps. I think that when Link is in one map, the adjacent maps that Link can travel to are loaded. And when Link crosses into the next map, that map gets activated and the old map is set as an adjacent map and new adjacent maps are loaded.

Why I think this. When I let Link run with the Pegasus boots cross multiple maps, the first map shows a normal transition. At the second map I notice a slight lag as if the map had not been fully loaded yet.

But I'm not to sure about it. As I am no ROM hacker and I don't know how Nintendo programmed it.

:P you're thinking about it too gamemakery --

Think about it this way; Each room is a chunk of data. Lets say, the starting area for lttp and surrounding areas are structured like this-

F0 CC FF
1F 0C 0A
A0 3E 1A

Those offsets are referencing one major body for their data. Lets say they're referencing "Overworld". Overworld holds a ton of different chunks of data that are loaded on a need-to-use basis. If you move from 0C to 0A, its obviously loading 0A and discarding 0C.

Those offsets (though fake but used in this example) are for Overworld only. When you transition to a dungeon, or in this case "The Lost Woods", it's no longer referencing the Overworld, but a different collection of data entirely.

It's because of this that you can consider the Overworld to be a seperate map from the Lost Woods; since the Overworld is a collection of individual rooms that are loaded when needed, and the Lost Woods is part of an entirely different collection of rooms.
« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2010, 08:47:13 am »
Actually, I was thinking about it and I can definitely say that Lost Woods, Zora's Domain and Death Mountain are separate parts. But I have the same suspicions about Lake Hylia and the desert. Ah well my head starts to hurt thinking about it to much.
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2010, 08:48:05 am »
:P you're thinking about it too gamemakery --

Think about it this way; Each room is a chunk of data. Lets say, the starting area for lttp and surrounding areas are structured like this-

F0 CC FF
1F 0C 0A
A0 3E 1A

Those offsets are referencing one major body for their data. Lets say they're referencing "Overworld". Overworld holds a ton of different chunks of data that are loaded on a need-to-use basis. If you move from 0C to 0A, its obviously loading 0A and discarding 0C.

Those offsets (though fake but used in this example) are for Overworld only. When you transition to a dungeon, or in this case "The Lost Woods", it's no longer referencing the Overworld, but a different collection of data entirely.

It's because of this that you can consider the Overworld to be a seperate map from the Lost Woods; since the Overworld is a collection of individual rooms that are loaded when needed, and the Lost Woods is part of an entirely different collection of rooms.
Now I get it! (I don't use Game Maker or start from scratch, I use a custom system I made with my friends for 3D games that can be altered to 2D formats to make it have more possibilities like FSA does. So I wouldn't have understood it without this explanation.)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2010, 08:50:57 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Actually, I was thinking about it and I can definitely say that Lost Woods, Zora's Domain and Death Mountain are separate parts. But I have the same suspicions about Lake Hylia and the desert. Ah well my head starts to hurt thinking about it to much.

Zora's Domain in lttp is a separate area as well, however the Desert and Death Mountain are not :P

Unless you're thinking about how OoT would be in lttp style, then yes, I can agree :P those should all be different types of areas.

Also I suggest checking out Hyrule Magic to see the inner workings of lttp. It's pretty handy.
« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2010, 08:55:21 am »
Also I suggest checking out Hyrule Magic to see the inner workings of lttp. It's pretty handy.
Never heard of it.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2010, 08:59:34 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2010, 09:13:06 am »
WOW  8) that would be very handy for making fast lttp maps or something like that.
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2010, 09:15:44 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Indeed; and it also offers you the ability to rip the unused enemies of the game :p
« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2010, 11:04:06 am »
http://desnet.kodewerx.org/index.php?page=utilities&id=6 <Hyrule Magic
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't sephiroth3 an old member here?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2010, 04:55:07 pm »
Unused enemies? Do want!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2010, 08:14:17 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Unused enemies? Do want!

Nothin too special; fire keese and canon soldier :P

I think the canon soldiers are used in game, but off the screen, so you can't see them fire.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #213 on: April 07, 2010, 09:53:59 pm »
Gotta ask, was there ever a map to overworld ratio?
(Like in OOA and OOS it was one square per room)
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #214 on: April 07, 2010, 09:55:39 pm »
Unused enemies! Why can't I open it. > .< Is there a place were I can see unused FS, FSA, or MC stuff?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #215 on: April 07, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Gotta ask, was there ever a map to overworld ratio?
(Like in OOA and OOS it was one square per room)

Not that I'm aware of. Although, you can think of it this way-- Any room you have to scroll in can be considered more than 1 block. So in a sense, lttp is set up in blocks, however it doesn't always transition when you hit the boundary of that block.

Unused enemies! Why can't I open it. > .< Is there a place were I can see unused FS, FSA, or MC stuff?

Not with Hyrule Magic... It's LTTP only.

« Reply #216 on: April 07, 2010, 10:37:31 pm »
Ah. I've seen the cannon soldiers elsewhere. Seems like they were in Ancient Stone Tablets, though I could be mistaken. Ancient Stone Tablets has a good bit of unused NPCs and animations.
« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2010, 10:57:03 pm »
Ah. I've seen the cannon soldiers elsewhere. Seems like they were in Ancient Stone Tablets, though I could be mistaken. Ancient Stone Tablets has a good bit of unused NPCs and animations.
Can you post a screenshot of Fire Keese and Cannon Soldier from Hyrule Magic?
« Reply #218 on: April 08, 2010, 03:04:12 am »

Pretty pleased with my Deku Tree area I just whipped up..

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #219 on: April 08, 2010, 03:10:51 am »
  • .越//
Unused enemies? Do want!

Nothin too special; fire keese and canon soldier :P

I think the canon soldiers are used in game, but off the screen, so you can't see them fire.

fire keese are a attack phase of ganon

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3c3mb1m5ZQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3c3mb1m5ZQ</a>

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 79 queries.

anything