Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: United States 2008 Elections  (Read 7505 times)

Re: United States 2008 Elections
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 12:22:19 pm »
Huckabee's dreadful. Far too religious, far too conservative. If he becomes president, he's just going to become the next in a long line of Republican presidents who have completely ignored the bit in the constitution about the United States being a secular republic. Not only that, but if memory serves, he believes in kicking out immigrants and isolating those with HIV to prevent other people from getting infected.

I am not sure about that, but upon Bhutto's assassination in Pakistan, his basic response was to talk about illegal immigrants then on the campaign trail while trying to tie into the assassination itself.  He either butchered both issues, thought the constituents were ignorant of the world in general, is an idiot himself, or is all of that.  And yes, I agree with the religious overbearingness as well; it is beyond some points of mainstream sanity in my opinion when his ideas hearken back to extreme ignorance on issues that are pretty straightforward today.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 01:41:07 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Woo for cakefarts, obviously :D

I'm disappointed with the Republican caucuses. To see some fake like Romney come in second place sickens me. However, I don't totally dislike Huckabee because of his populist standpoint. I was hoping Ron Paul would get the top slot, but eh...better Huckabee than Giuliani, haha.
Ron Paul did hardly any campaining (sp)? in Iowa so obviously he didn't do too well, I think he will get at least second in NH and good in Wyoming.

Thank god Romney did not win, he should be assasinated.
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 08:17:15 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Ron Paul seems an honest man, more so than the average politician, but I doubt electing him as president is the best thing one could do. Most of his speech can be summarized by the following sentence: "Follow the constitution, damn it!". It gets boring after a while, let alone if we have to hear that stuff for four or eight years.

Also, I really wonder whether retreating from the NATO and the UN is going to make the world a safer place. Oh well, at least he's not a religious zealot like most republicans.. most notably Huckabee. Besides, I wouldn't elect someone who's 72. We don't want anyone dying in office, right?

If I were American, my vote would go to cakefarts. He's got issues I can agree on (healthcare, immigration), is fairly progressive in terms of ideology and seems way more straightforward than Clinton.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 05:15:54 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Mitt Romney won the Wyoming Caucuses (sp?) lets see what happens in NH.
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 03:15:56 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Well, the forums back... alot has happened since then... so the candidates are

Republican:
John McCain
Mike Huckabee
Ron Paul

Democrats:
Barack cakefarts
Hillary Clinton

I don't understand why McCain is the republican front runner he's a 71 year old man who would probably die before he finishes his term and he's crazy because he was held in a cage in Vietnam for 5 years.
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 04:08:54 pm »
  • Google Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 04:16:50 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Hillary got California.
!@#$%
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 12:44:22 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I hope Hillary pulls through. I don't agree with all she says, and I'm sure I'll die a little for wanting another Clinton in (meaning only 2 families in the white house in 20 years  :-X ) but she seems like she will change The United States for the better.

Also I'm Canadian and underage. So  :( .
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2008, 12:11:39 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Hilary is backing Jack Thompson! DO NOT BETRAY YOUR FELLOW GAMERS, YOU BASTARDS! :P

Anyway, as a Brit I see this election will effect England, so have some interest in it.

Hence I stumbled across a news post in the xkcd blog that seemed interesting.

cakefarts stands against bad governing not only in his support of specific practices like open data standards and basic network neutrality, but in his work against corruption from day one. He’s sponsored legislation to restrict gifts to Congress by industry representatives (which also carried a whole slew of anti-corruption measures that were a breath of fresh air). He’s fought against vote fraud. He’s been pushing for election and lobbying reform from the start, and in his campaign he’s refused to take lobbyist money.

Clinton has done nothing of the sort, and when questioned seems baffled that anyone would have a problem with what is, by any reasonable standard, bribery. I find her basic lack of integrity troubling, and I think as president she would continue fighting to maintain the status quo. It’s vital that we start the work of picking up the messes left by the irresponsible governance of the current administration, and, as they say, you don’t get out of a mess with the same kind of thinking that got you in. cakefarts is the guy to to get us out.

Any thoughts?
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 07:56:43 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 07:59:54 pm »
Where is this Ron Paul revolution that was supposed to be coming this year?  XD

Also, if the new president is a republican, this election is rigged - again.
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 09:58:09 pm »
  • Google Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008, 01:59:26 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Before the primaries started there was alot of support for him, like around 20%... then all of the sudden Mike Huckabee comes out of nowhere and wins Iowa, ron Paul scores very low... everyones like "wtf" so then not that many people supported him... the best he got was second place in Nevada lol...
I agree, there is no way in hell a republican could win... Bush screwed up way too much.
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 03:29:56 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Before the primaries started there was alot of support for him, like around 20%... then all of the sudden Mike Huckabee comes out of nowhere and wins Iowa, ron Paul scores very low... everyones like "wtf" so then not that many people supported him... the best he got was second place in Nevada lol...
I agree, there is no way in hell a republican could win... Bush screwed up way too much.

I have a terrible feeling that the republicans might win again because the south refuses to give up its pride by voting democrat. Hopefully we get democrats this time though.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

gm112

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2008, 03:44:15 am »
I can careless who's president. Really was hoping for Ron Paul, but nobody really supported him. The president wouldn't be !@#$% without the congress =\.
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2008, 03:48:47 am »
  • Huzzah!!!
I really don't want a republican president. I just don't agree with a lot of their stuff. Especially healthcare. I'm from Australia, which has a socialized healthcare system, the republican candidates don't want socialized healthcare. My experiences in Australia prove to me personally that everything they say about socialized healthcare is BS. I hate how they don't back up their healthcare argument with examples of previous failure.

Anyway I don't think anyone candidate is perfect, but I feel like the democrats are by far the lesser evil.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 68 queries.

anything