Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having guitar fun  (Read 1583 times)

Having guitar fun
« on: March 29, 2013, 09:41:35 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I decided to see how well my effects pedal records to my computer and recorded the intro to Washington is Next.  Came out quite good, I was kind of impressed by the quality xD

I got a little out of sync at one point and when I finished I kinda just well..stopped, which sounds kinda funny xD

If you don't know the song, this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvQ7VD0KWFE

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Re: Having guitar fun
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:55:44 pm »
  • Personal Saucier
Sweet! You know when you come over Saturday we can record this as a track and add instruments
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:01:49 pm »
Yesss! It will be bitchin'!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:20:54 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Nice! Now I really want to record something new with my guitar! I've got a great setup for recording instruments, just not vocals anymore (had to sell some equipment). It's seriously just going to waste because I can make really great quality stuff, but I just haven't had the time or even really been inspired to record anything lately. Having a proper clock source for recording is essential though, and I'm guessing whatever you did wasn't going by a clock, which is why it went out of sync. I'd like to hear some of your stuff recorded with proper equipment. I love it when people on ZFGC record guitar stuff and share it on here. It's just great knowing there are some people here that play pretty well, and it just inspires me a bit I guess.
  • My Music
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:30:45 pm »
Yea I didn't really have a clock per say, but I was playing to the song while recording

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:14 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I just meant an audio clock source. An audio interface would be a piece of hardware that has it's own clock. If you just plug directly in to your PC, it will usually have sync issues, depending on the sound card and possibly even depending on the software you use to record. Back in the day, I used to plug my guitar directly into the mic input on the sound card, and I used Audacity to record, and there were sync issues. It wasn't super bad, but it made it impossible to get anything near professional sounding (not to mention it made my guitar tone sound very crappy).

The sync issues become very apparent when you try to record another track along with your previously recorded one. This never happens when you go through an audio interface, but it is very common with most standard sound cards.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:43:00 pm by Frozenç‚Ž »
  • My Music
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:07:42 pm »
Ooh no you misunderstood, the syncing problem was from me playing a weee bit too fast at one point. I didn't record the lead to my rhythm, I also recorded that to the song. So delay isn't an issue there

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 11:31:10 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Ooh no you misunderstood, the syncing problem was from me playing a weee bit too fast at one point. I didn't record the lead to my rhythm, I also recorded that to the song. So delay isn't an issue there

Aaaahh, I see. yeah, I misunderstood. Well, anyway, the stuff I said is still true about a clock source.
  • My Music
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 53 queries.