Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 1182 times)

Battlestar Galactica
« on: May 23, 2007, 07:22:55 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Okay, so I'm sure we've all seen the old 1978 movie... it's not as popular as Star Wars (and many of your parents probably hate it as much as I do), but it's a pretty darn culturally-prominent movie.

I haven't seen any of the old episodes, simply because I thought that the movie sucked.  And apparently Battlestar Galactica 1980 (the series) was even worse.

Somehow it managed to get a cult following (thus it being culturally prominent), and as you all know: sci-fi has sponsored the "re-imagined" series.  I remember my first impression of seeing part of the mini-series on T.V. was, "What movie is this and why did I miss it in the theaters?"

Three years later, I'm now officially addicted and have watched the mini-series as well as season 1 (and part of season 2).

It's undoubtedly the best show on television.  Heros had a lot of people addicted, so did 24, but that's because they're on mainstream networks.  BSG failed when NBC tried them out (they scheduled it stupid), so it's stuck on sci-fi and most people I know who love the show watch the DVDs.

Any other addicts out there like me?  It's been years since I've been addicted to a TV show and let me tell you: it feels great. :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 08:04:27 pm by 2awesome4apossum »
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 07:53:17 pm »
Are you on about the new BSG, as in the one with the Female Starbuck? If so, I LOVE it, by far my favourite series along with Firefly.

I'm having problems getting hold of Season 2 which is annoying :(

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kve1oGPjf8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kve1oGPjf8</a>
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 07:56:36 pm »
Yes, I'm talking about the female-starbuck, best tv show ever, version. :D

But honestly, I was kinda disappointed that the series never took off quite as well as the mini-series did.  It's still great, though.  Did you know that the creator is a mormon?!

And the two writers are poli-sci majors.  Which explains a lot of awesome political commentary.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 07:58:05 pm »
  • Official Forum Hippie/Writer
This is a great show.  Period.  If you don't watch it already, go download it or something.

Also, possum, if you haven't seen the season 3 finale yet, oh man is it crazy.  Four words:  All...Along...the...Watchtower

8)
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 07:59:53 pm »
I heard something about there making another movie on it, or two special episodes, it was from a sci-fi magazine, should of picked it up and read more. But yeah season three DVD in England soon, I hope.
Did you know that the creator is a mormon?!

And the two writers are poli-sci majors.  Which explains a lot of awesome political commentary.

And, no I didn't know that O_O...
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 08:03:05 pm »
Also, possum, if you haven't seen the season 3 finale yet, oh man is it crazy.  Four words:  All...Along...the...Watchtower
I'm buying the season 3 DVDs as soon as they come out!  They made the webisodes and extended them into an Episode 0, too!

I heard something about there making another movie on it, or two special episodes, it was from a sci-fi magazine, should of picked it up and read more.
Yes.  It's about the Peagasus (which is a ship focused on in Season 2... let's try to keep this spoiler-free for those who haven't already seen it), which is all told in flashbacks.  It's a movie that will come out right before season 4.  Then there's 20 more episodes that'll be in season four.  w00ties!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 08:04:24 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Is this that freaky thing with the robots hiding as people and the sexy robot sleeping with everyone and everything around her?

I actually found it boring...not my cuppa-tea at all XD
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 11:31:53 am »
I've seen a few episodes and it seems really good. I've also heard great things about it. I borrowed the first season off my sister a while ago but I haven't gotten around to watching it. I tried once, but the first disc was all scratched up and dodgy.

And on Bertfallen's mention of Firefly, I'm going to take this opportunity to recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it, It's the best show I've ever seen and I absolutely adore it. To go along with that recommendation, I also recommend both Buffy The Vampire and Angel. I might get a bit of a bad response from those two, but there is a whole lot more to both of them than a lot of people think. Buffy is far more sophisticated and intelligent than "This chick fights vampires with her friends lesbian and funny guy". Seriously, all three shows are absolutely brilliant.

If this topic is still around when I've watched a significant amount of the first season, I will be sure to come on and give my opinion.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 03:12:37 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
After the new Battlestar Galactica became popular, there was a marathon of the old series on some channel, Spike I think.  I watched it, and I couldn't help but think the person that decided to do a remake of it was an absolute moron just for wanting to.  But dang am I glad they did, the new Battlestar Galactica really is the best show on television.

Firefly was a good show too, find it and watch it!

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 06:02:21 pm »
  • hungry..
Why do they make us wait till 2008 :(
  • My Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 54 queries.