Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut  (Read 2657 times)

Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut
« on: June 07, 2006, 02:57:46 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I loved the original cut, and I haven't bought the 4-disc Director's Cut DVD yet, but I've been reading some reviews, and those who didn't like the original cut, absolutely love this cut, even though their complaint (that it was long), should be maximized because this version is 50 minutes longer.

So I'm really excited to watch this version.  Has anyone here seen the new Director's Cut version yet?
Re: Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 06:13:34 pm »
50 extra minutes of the movie? Of course I will see it. The original was one of my top 5 favorite movies. I only wonder what exactly they can add in that 50 minutes? It seemed as if they prety much covered everything in the original. Should be interesting.

I want to see omre scenes with his father alive, because Liam is an amazing actor, and toutch more on the begining of the movie, and the ending.

But then, for people who didn't like the original, I doubt they will make an effort to go and see the extended version.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 01:24:47 am »
But then, for people who didn't like the original, I doubt they will make an effort to go and see the extended version.
I've read 6 different reviews.  All 6 of the critics hated the original.  All 6 of them loved this.

Let's hope that we, as true fans of the movie, will also enjoy the Director's Cut better :)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 03:15:00 pm »
I've read 6 different reviews.  All 6 of the critics hated the original.  All 6 of them loved this.

Let's hope that we, as true fans of the movie, will also enjoy the Director's Cut better :)

Yeah I know, but w hat I am saying is, even if the derectors cut is better, I doubt it will change any opinions, because if somebody truly disliked the original they probably wouldn't bother to go watch a derectors cut of it, unless they only slightly disliked it and were told it was far better. :P
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 12:19:07 pm »
I really enjoyed the movie I hope I see the Direcotor's Cut one day.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 06:10:53 pm »
Here's my review (I wrote it about a year ago for RatedO.com) for the original cut-- I gave it 3 1/2 stars out of the traditional 4 star rating.

The scale:
Turkey = Turkey
1 = poor
2 = fair
3 = good
4 = excellent

The "epic" movie's popularity has been brought back with "The Lord of the Rings" movies. This leads to a rise in the amount of epics, but a decline in their quality. Many movie makers are trying to squeeze out every last bit of money that they can make from them before this phase in film making has moved on. This is quite obvious with the amount of "epic" movies that we have been seeing, but their quality isn't as good as one would normally expect. "Troy" and "Alexander" are prime examples of this.

Kingdom of Heaven tries to revive what damage recent movies have done, and in doing so reverts back to a more traditional-styled epic. It reminded me quite heavily of "Lawrence of Arabia". This is not a bad thing, but it left many movie-goers unsuspecting and even disappointed by it. It's not that the movie was a poor movie, but it lacked the overpowering emotion and excruciatingly long battle scenes, that we have come to expect.

The acting was excellent, with an outstanding performance done by Jeremy Irons, and none of the acting was less than good. Along with this acting came a great deal of character development, however like "Lawrence of Arabia", when a major character dies, one doesn't really care and the movie seems to get over it very quickly. It's not a bad thing, because in order for that emotion to develop the movie would have to had been about 30 minutes longer, and it was already a long movie.

This brings me to my only true complaint about the movie: it's length. The movie was much longer than it should have been. I saw many movie-goers grow shifty toward the end of it, as well as felt similarly about the whole thing myself.

The battles were epic (only fitting), and the cinematography was sweeping, and added much to the movie. It was genuinely artistic, which is something that we haven't seen since the last "Lord of the Rings" movie. However, there will be many LOTR geeks that will end up disappointed with the epic warfare. This is mostly because the movie has a habit of fading out into the aftermath of the battle rather than show every gruesome second of it.

A movie about the Crusades is bound to be controversial from whatever side gets the role of "the bad guy". Impressively enough, neither side seems to be in this movie. The "bad guys" seem to be individual people, not a group of people. Although throughout the first half of the movie, I was wondering if we were going to see another "King Arthur" in the sense that we'd be watching a movie bashing against the faith of Catholics. However, unlike "King Arthur" everything is settled at the end, but not in a bias way. This movie does support belief in God, but this is about the Crusades! The "Holy Wars" deserves nothing short of that.

The movie was good, but not the type of movie that one would expect it to be.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 05:56:07 pm »
Awesome review man, I read it all. Very well put together. Hurry up and watch the extended edition and write a review for me. Like, take notes as you watch it or something. I really wanna know what you think about it :P
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 06:00:01 pm »
Okay, perhaps I'll even take notes this time around ;D

(Did you by chance like the movie the Chronicles of Narnia?  That's probably my favorite review I've ever written, because of the excellent and well-written script)
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 06:15:24 pm »
Okay, perhaps I'll even take notes this time around ;D

(Did you by chance like the movie the Chronicles of Narnia?  That's probably my favorite review I've ever written, because of the excellent and well-written script)
Yeah, I own it. I thought the actual picture was a little too.. well "child friendly" but it had to be. Not that it's a bad thing. But I was hoping for a more serious perception of the story, with darker themes, and stuff, you know? More for adults, who actual understand whats behind the face of the story.
I was reading a lot about C.S Lewis, and his ideas behind the story, and the message. It's really well done.

So yeah I wanna see the review.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:18:41 pm by skully »
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 06:23:09 pm »
Child-friendly?  If you mean the bloodless violence, then w/e (it should have earned a PG-13 rating anyway), and the symbolism was almost more delved into here than in many of the books I've read about the Chronicles of Narnia books.  I think that as far as the script goes, and the symbolism, and the interpretation of the story, this is one of the best book to movie adaption ever in terms of objectivity (the first LOTR movie still wins the book to movie title as of now).

I gave it 4 Stars (the highest-- 'excellent' rating), and it's rather long, because of the notes that I took, and because of the script's excellence.

C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors of all time. Naturally my introduction to his works began with The Chronicles of Narnia series, and while those kept me busy for a while (about a week, one book for each day) I went on to read several biographies and books about the religious symbolism that I was so fascinated by (keep in mind that I was only 9 at the time). I went on to read the Space Trilogy (a lesser known gem by Lewis), but as was noted at the beginning of the books by Lewis himself, was lacking in any allegorical characters.

Lewis was originally an atheist, but thanks to his great friend and colleague, JRR Tolkien, he was converted to Christianity. In response, Lewis began to devote much of his writings to Christianity. Among these works are the allegorical children's stories that we know to be The Chronicles of Narnia. Tolkien repaid him by expressing his distaste in the books, while Lewis faithfully praised Tolkien's works (most notably The Lord of the Rings series).

Quite simply, Narnia remains to this day as my favorite book series. I even grew up loving the TV-movies that BBC created (yep, even bought the DVDs when they came out).

This big-budget movie based on the first title in the Narnia series is not only better than the BBC version, but is also an amazing film on any level. There hasn't been a better fantasy film since the first Lord of the Rings title, a film that I consider to be near perfection.

There have been a few critics who have condemned this movie for "straying far from the source material". As a devoted fan of the book, I couldn't disagree more. Not only is the movie faithful to the book, but it expounds upon the story and events. True, some things were cut, and many events have been altered, but this is necessary for a book-to-movie adaptation. For instance, the idea that they merely want their brother back gave the characters genuine motive, versus the already present enthusiasm found in the book. Showing the air raids and the character's reactions at the beginning of the movie was a stroke of genius. Not only did it give the characters development even before the main plot started, but it provided additional insight and an alternative perspective to a newly-established character driven story, versus the event driven one as found in the book.

This is the ideal for a book-to-movie adaption. Not only do events like the ones previously mentioned help the story, but the screenplay has followed all the rules for an appealing story. The "Hero's Journey" is a centerpiece, the characters each want something but there are obstacles. Even the most important rule in screenplay writing is followed: there isn't too much dialogue. The pacing is action driven only deviating when necessary.

The most impressive aspect of this movie is how well it was written. One of the things I loved most about how it was written is how the multiple allegories were brought out. There are two I'm referring to, but it would not be surprising to me if there were more, and those are: religion and real life events. By religion, I'm referring to the way that Christ is represented through Aslan, and other Biblical events and ideas which are communicated through various aspects of the movie. By real life events, I'm referring to not only parallels to real life events (namely the war and other events throughout Lewis' life), but also the way that life is and the way that people communicate, think and feel.

The religious symbolism is the most "in your face" of the two allegories I found, and was the centerpiece. It's no secret that Aslan is supposed to be representative of Christ, although the movie clarifies a lot of events surrounding the character. The cracking of the Stone Table is now a visual of the abstract concept of what Christ did for us. The entire scene in which that event takes place was very symbolic. The cinematography was telling the story of Christ with the very framing and movement of the camera. The set and lighting of the entire scene rang symbolic to how many speculate it to have looked in Christ's last days. Even the music hinted at the location and events the scene was trying to symbolize, although parts of it sounded suspiciously identical to Harry Gregson-Williams' last bit of work, the crusade-oriented movie Kingdom of Heaven. Actual dialogue played very symbolic roles not only in that specific sequence, but also before and after, with key phrases such as "It is finished." Aslan even devotes a scene afterward to explain what a sacrifice truly means and about definitive truths.

While Aslan has always been speculated to be a Christ-like figure, a less breached idea about the White Witch symbolizing the Devil has been brought out through the movie. This is shown through dialogue she says relative to the Stone Table and a "traitor's blood", as well as a very important bit of dialogue that she whispers to Aslan as he is about to give his life. If the Devil was tempting Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane as many speculate (and even portrayed in The Passion of the Christ), it must have been something similar to what the White Witch tells Aslan.

The parallels between the story and the war and events in Lewis' life are made easier to understand with a little bit of knowledge, but especially with the sequence involving the Air Raids at the beginning of the film, as well as the whole theme of a "war", which idea is introduced in the movie version of Narnia far earlier than in the book. The idea that characters want to stay out of it, also helps the allegory along immensely.

The way that people communicate, think and feel is brought out by more characterization, which was a bit different than the book's portrayal, but most importantly, it captured the spirit of it all. Various possible political messages can be speculated by mere concepts such as the animal's ability to speak, or other nature-related things preaching against the Industrial life. Other ideas include the White Witch always making it winter in Narnia... or the Witch being White (yes, I'm joking about that one).

Needless to say, the screenplay deserves some serious recognition.

Walking into the movie, the child-actors were a worry of mine. I am pleased to announce that they all did excellent jobs. They were well-trained actors with excellent enunciation with perfection and preciseness when they spoke. They even had believable characterization with personality. And don't worry, they act 100% naturally (versus the melodramatic stage actors as seen in the BBC version). Most importantly, as these were child-actors, they were only annoying when their character was annoying, and not because of poor acting.

The supporting actors were all carefully chosen, and held up the movie's reputation well. All of them did so well, that you can't help but wonder why actors like these aren't more plentiful in modern movies.

The visual effects department, fresh from King Kong and The Lord of the Rings movies, have outdone themselves again. This time, they had the challenge of trying to make the animals talk, while yet seeming real. They succeeded in this. When the animals speak, it always looks as if it could be plausible. The animals look even better when they don't speak, and sometimes had me wondering if some of them were real. I wondered this most during a chase scene involving a pack of wolves. When they spoke, they were fake, but when they didn't, I was puzzled as to whether they might have trained some live wolves for the scene. Regardless, it all looks outstanding.

The movie features some awesome transitions, particularly toward the end. One of which involved a map somewhat reminiscent to that of The Lord of the Rings, but not to worry, it looked much better than the map transitions in those movies.

The music was simply dazzling, with a huge variety of themes for different locations, characters and events. It was all sewn together with bits of themes here and there returning to reflect the mood. This holds true particularly to the theme that Lucy and Mr. Tumnus share, especially when they first find that he is missing, and find the Beavers.

The battle scene toward the end of the movie would most likely have earned the film a PG-13 rating back in the 90s. It seems that The Lord of the Rings which showed gore normally reserved for R rated movies, has started a trend in lowering how harshly violence is rated. Naturally there is no blood or gore, but there is plenty of slashing and stabbing (still not showing any blood). The intensity level is most likely appropriate for a PG aged audience, but parents may or may not disagree with the amount of semi-intense violence in the movie.

All in all, literary savvy people will love this film. Others may or may not, but in terms of literature, an appreciation for this movie is a judge of intelligence.

However, I'll be the first to admit that if you're not a Christian, or don't like concepts of theology, then you'll probably like this movie a lot less.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 06:25:31 pm by 2awesome4apossum »
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 07:42:49 pm »
You should really become a professional critic/reviewer for movies man. You're review sounds very professional and well put together. If I was told it was writen by the head of reviews in america or osmething I wouldn't wonder about it. I see lots of other younger people who don't do it professionally review movies, and it doesn't ever cover all the basis like the pros do. They just speak about certa scenes they enjoyed, and what not. But you really go into detail. It's great. Me being somebody who already enjoyed the movie for it's story and how in love I was with the classics. Just from reading you're review have a better appreciating for hte movie.

As far as my child friendly comment goes. I am not exatly talking about the lack of blood in the violence. I just got a feel when I watched the movie, from the whole picture, it seemed so much more... I dunno, the only word I could htink of was childish. The actual movie itself was great, it's just the picture I had issues with. The derecting was good, and the CG was amazing aswell, but I dunno, the way some of the things looked with the colors of their tents, and the rino's and cheeta's and stuff, was almost a "tounge-in-cheek" moment for me. Some of the stuff was well put together, ad the scenery was great. It's just those little things I didn't like. It's ok to have lots of brightness, but to the point where it looks so out of place like that... I know they could have done much better in a good number of the places picture wise. With LoTr they had a much darker "greystyle" look about it, and kept everything this more shaded pallet, and everything blended together well. Yet there was still beautifull scenery. Remember the big elefents and trolls and stuff in lotr? It would have been nice to see the animals done more like that. o they fit in with everything else. Especially those half man creatures. Though I thought they did an amazing job with Tumnis.

Certain scenes stuck out to me, for example the one where they must cross the frozen river becasue winter is comming ot an end? Where the ice is melting and the wolves are comming. I think that whole scene looked rather sloppy. Even though it was still prety well done. For a movie as anticipated and big as Narnia, I was hoping in this remake for it to be a little more dazzling and realisticly put together. I am still amazed with the way the scenery and what not looked in lord of the rings. I think J.R.R Tolken would be so amazed. For younger viewers though, they would not feel that feeling I had. But I remember when I seen trailers for the movie, and heard about it how excited I got, thinking of how great lord of the ring's picture was - if Narnia was up to par, or better then that I would be overwellmed with joy. But it was a slight let down for me when I saw it for the first time.

But the actual movie itself was spectacular.

Great review. :)
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 12:28:09 am »
You should really become a professional critic/reviewer for movies man. You're review sounds very professional and well put together. If I was told it was writen by the head of reviews in america or osmething I wouldn't wonder about it. I see lots of other younger people who don't do it professionally review movies, and it doesn't ever cover all the basis like the pros do. They just speak about certa scenes they enjoyed, and what not. But you really go into detail. It's great. Me being somebody who already enjoyed the movie for it's story and how in love I was with the classics. Just from reading you're review have a better appreciating for hte movie.
Yeah, I wanted to be a movie critic at one point.  I think it'd be an awesome job!  (And Roger Ebert rawks-- met him once, btw.)  However I refuse to watch NC-17 movies, and many R rated movies... then again, I'm sure there's some way to work around it.

As far as my child friendly comment goes. I am not exatly talking about the lack of blood in the violence. I just got a feel when I watched the movie, from the whole picture, it seemed so much more... I dunno, the only word I could htink of was childish. The actual movie itself was great, it's just the picture I had issues with. The derecting was good, and the CG was amazing aswell, but I dunno, the way some of the things looked with the colors of their tents, and the rino's and cheeta's and stuff, was almost a "tounge-in-cheek" moment for me. Some of the stuff was well put together, ad the scenery was great. It's just those little things I didn't like. It's ok to have lots of brightness, but to the point where it looks so out of place like that... I know they could have done much better in a good number of the places picture wise.
Ah yes!  I think that sometimes the picture was a bit too saturated (sometimes directors get away with overkill on "color-correction"), and there was too much bluescreen work (which contributes to the children's book picture quality with bright light colors, and tweaked dark colors).  Yes I understand how you mean, and I wasn't too impressed with the Bison bad guy (talk about a man in a suit), but I rather liked the style for the most part.  Personally I wanted it to win best visual effects at the Acadamy Awards.

I think that they used far too much bluescreening techniques (which is probably, besides the animals, the biggest problem you had in viewing the movie), and too much CGI.  It's a style, and was outstanding from an objective point of view, but like any other kind of style, if you don't like it, there's no changing that.

PS. I'm on the last bit of this DVD, so I'll have the review ready for you by tomorrow for sure-- if I don't post it later tonight :)

EDIT: I'm finished.  I wrote it at a speed pace (spent an entire 10 mins. on it :P), and didn't bother to check over it.  Also note, that my intended audience was you, and you alone, since I don't think anyone else will bother to read it, so that's why the informality and lack of clarity is present (I can't spoil it for you-- just remember that Sibylla's son makes this movie one of the greatest films of 2005.  In fact, I moved it up to place three on my "top 10 movies"):

"They gutted a great film and made us all think it was shallow.  Shame on them.  At least there is now a chance to correct the mistake."

-David Poland

The two questions that everyone wants to know about the Director's Cut.  Is it better than the original cut?  And will those who disliked the original cut like this longer version?  The answer to the first question is "yes".  It is in fact a much better film than the original cut.  The answer to the latter is "probably not".  Those who just complained about it being shallow and felt the movie was dragged out too much will probably find their complaints fixed in this version.  Many wondered what could possibly be added to a film that already felt so long, and that many wanted to end much quicker than it did.

Unlike the extended cuts of the "Lord of the Rings" films, which had several extended sequences-- most of which was blatently obvious-- this version of the film recreates the movie's structure.  Instead of adding an extra scene here and there, the film has added material absolutely everywhere.  Most of it will not be noticed by casual fans, even the more diehard fans will be hard pressed to find more than 30 minutes of footage, out of the 50 added.

This leads to a third question, which is: what exactly was added, and how did it make the film better?

It's undeniable that there were some important scenes that were taken out of the original cut.  Strait from the beginning, we are given more character development, and find out that the priest, whom Orlando Bloom's character has such conflict with, is actually his brother (he is speculated to be his "half" brother), and we see more of Liam Neeson's character.  Liam Neeson's character has a lot more to say, and has much more of a personality about him.  The viewer will learn how Balian's life parallel's with his own, and it brings a greater understanding of what brought him to find his son in the first place.  Perhaps it is this character development found at the beginning of the film, that will generate a much more interested viewer.  It gives a sense of interest in the characters strait from the beginning of the film.

There's no doubt that the additional scenes with Edward Norton (who plays the Leperous king), makes his character even more haunting, and that the story of Sibylla's son (which adds clarification to the events that take place after the King's death) adds much more emotional investment into the film itself.

The film has a better structure, from a storyteller's point of view.  The Hero's Journey completes the full circle with every question answered (which was a problem fixed from the original, is that it left the viewer with some unanswered questions).  There are some scenes that add more investment and clarification for Balian's struggle with his faith.  Hypocracy, and "holiness" are explored even more, giving more closure at the end of the film.  One scene in paticular that stands out involves a burning bush, and show's Balian's irrationality and struggle with faith.

The film does not promote Christianity; it does not promote being a Muslim.  It doesn't promote being religious!  It promotes being good.  And because of that, the film is one of the best epics ever made.

Certainly there is no short supply of ideaology, and if the viewer is religious, it makes it all the more fun.  With that said, it doesn't exclude any type of audience (except for the weak-stomached).

Most of what was added, however, contributes more to the flow and the visual pleasure of the film.  There are single shots added all over the film, most of which won't even be noticeable.  It has all sorts of small moments reinserted that may not seem like that big of a deal, but adds all the more depth and development to it.  Unlike the director's cuts, or extended films that really don't add much more to the meaning or the depth, this one succeeds in that area.  I remember reading a review, where the critic gave the original version one out of five stars, yet gave this new cut four and a half out of five stars and credited it to the "small moments here and there". I rolled my eyes, and thought to myself that the critic was obviously trying to make up for the poor rating he gave the first version, so as not to be discredited by the more intelligent of critics.  I still stand by that opinion, but there is truth in his statement that the "small moments" really do make the film better in a way that you can only see to believe it (it would be a lie if I said the same remarking on the LOTR extended cuts).

All in all, the 4 disc DVD is worth all the money it costs (unless you absolutely hated the original-- if you thought it was "okay" you may want to give this version a shot), and the extra two discs feature incredible documentary footage from the making of the film, and even features an additional thirty minutes of deleted scenes.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 02:23:14 am by 2awesome4apossum »
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 04:03:53 am »
Sweet man! Really appreciate yout aking the time to do it. You have no idea how ancey I am to watch this. Ive watched the original several times and enjoyed it more each time. After reading you're review, it becomes so much more apparent of all the moments that could have been elaborated on a lot. I know if they wanted to, they could make this like a 7 hour film, and it would probably be worth every second of it for those of us who love this movie. Think of all of the extra dialog they could put in there? All the scenes. Witht he original they baseicly just gave you enough to get you buy, and honestly, I wasn't really left feeling empty after watching it. But thinking about all the extra stuff they could add, before the journy started, and at the end, and how, and why he becomes the kind of person he is.

It didn't bother me at the time. But now that I know there is an extended version of 50 more minutes, I think of particular scenes that were slightly empty. For instance, the very begining of the movie, it says something along the lines of "A knight returns to his homeland in search of his son" or something along those lines. But if they added more before this, as ot why he goes back, and the journy, and Balien, and his late wife, and child who died. They kind of just through you in there, obviously due to time crunching and they probably figured we would get by if we started at that point. "ok a knight returns home in search of his son, dunno why, or anything. He just apears, and his son's wife is and child had just died, and he tells him he is his father who (I think?) forcefully had sexual relations with his mother (not exactly clear on all of that.)

Then it seems as if they have known eachother for about a day or two, and suddenly Balien has become this man, and his character has grown imensly all without us seeing. He is now a master of the sword, and a loyal man, dispite everything, and his father who he barely even knows then makes him Baron and dies, and he sets out on his quest for forgivness. Sure, it worked, but so much more could have been elaborated on. I am dying ot see it, along with the dvd extras, and behind the scens, etc.

Thanks for the review man. It looks great!
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 01:07:45 am »
forcefully
No, the line is "She had no choice, but I did not force her."  He was in a position where she would have had to, but he wasn't going to make her, but she did anyway.
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 02:01:22 am »
forcefully
No, the line is "She had no choice, but I did not force her."  He was in a position where she would have had to, but he wasn't going to make her, but she did anyway.
That doesn't make any sense to me.. That whole thing was rather confuising to me though, because later on in the movie, right before he dies, the priest (apperently his son?) Says, "are you sorry for all your sins" or something along those lines, and he says "all but one" refering to Balien being born. Why did he call it a sin? That just led me to believe even more he had raped her or something. But I guess not?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 02:13:03 am by skully »
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 02:30:54 am »
Why did he call it a sin? That just led me to believe even more he had raped her or something. But I guess not?
Adultery and/or fornication.
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 03:20:58 am »
Adultry would account for the sin part, but I still don't understand what you said about his statement earlier, how he "did not force her, but she had no choice"

Confuises me lol

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 03:24:20 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I watched the movie in theators and nearly fell asleep...I watched the directors cut I did fall asleep. The movie isnt fun at all its a borefest
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 03:51:48 am »
Adultry would account for the sin part, but I still don't understand what you said about his statement earlier, how he "did not force her, but she had no choice"

Confuises me lol
The idea is that he COULD have forced her (he had the ability and right by the norms of the time), but he did not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 72 queries.