Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite "Extended" or "Director's Cut" Version of Movies  (Read 1756 times)

Favorite "Extended" or "Director's Cut" Version ...
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:06:43 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Yes, this is because I'm hyped for the new Kingdom of Heaven DVD, and I hope to add it to my list.  The idea, is basically, which cuts of movies that were extended or "director's cuts" do you really enjoy (basically-- what you wish you could have seen in the theatres but never did).

I liked all of the LOTR extended cuts, although the original theatrical cut of The Fellowship of the Ring was much better.  I speculate that this is because they weren't expecting to be able to release an "extended" version, and so they did the best they could with everything in their time frame.  You come to Two Towers, and the original was a very hacked movie, making the story seem incomplete and slow paced.  The Return of the King original cut left out some vital scenes.  So I like the second two's extended version better than the original, but not the first (although I still love the extended cut... it's just not quite as good from a structured viewpoint).

The 'Dances with Wolves' extended version-- while outrageously long (like nearly 5 hours), was still really good, although it wouldn't have won 'Best Picture'.

I like the Director's Cut of 'The Last of the Mohicans', it made an excellent movie slightly more excellent (although it was almost so little that was added, that it made very little difference).

I was really disappointed with the Director's Cut of King Arthur, made the battle sequences look fake with all of the fake squirting blood, but I like the special features on that DVD much more than on the theatrical 'full screen' (phooey full screen) cut.

I can't think of anything else (except star wars, but that doesn't count, because they never tagged the "extended" or "director's cut" title to it), but I'll probably post more stuff later.
Re: Favorite "Extended" or "Director's Cut" Vers...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 03:32:57 am »
Land of the Dead has a great unrated version (though it was STILL too short) and I really liked the longer version of Aliens.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 05:13:27 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
LOTR

Warriors

Shaun of the Dead

best

movies

ever
DIRECTED CUT EVEN BETTER :D
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Gilgamesh

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 02:40:59 pm »
Land of the Dead has a great unrated version (though it was STILL too short) and I really liked the longer version of Aliens.
Longer version of Aliens? Tell me more.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 03:21:08 pm »
My favorite Director's Cut is probably the Lord of the Rings movies. Donnie Darko had a good one, as it added some information that you could previously find only on the internet, such as exerpts that explain everything that's going on (in a way).

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 03:26:04 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Longer version of Aliens? Tell me more.
The "Director's Cut" of Aliens added a ridiculously small amount of footage back into the movie, although if you're a hardcore fan, it's worth a go :)

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 03:56:17 pm »
  • hungry..
Im with Lupus here, LOTR Extended Edition and Donnie Darko are my fav's.
  • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 05:45:52 pm »

Ah the autoguns in Aliens :) and some other stuff, lovely.

For me Donnie darko dirrectors cut was great hehe.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 10:09:27 pm »
In Aliens I noticed A LOT of added stuff.

-They follow the motion tracker to a hamster.
-It shows the first dude being facehugged which leads to the entire colony.
-It has a man telling Ripley about her daughter.
-Autoguns as mentioned.

I'm sure there's more.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 11:11:22 pm »
Hmm, Maybe Blade 3: DX? lol

Limey

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 11:17:34 pm »
The Donnie Darko one is good if you've never seen the movie before, and/or don't understand the storyline.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 01:29:23 pm »
In Aliens I noticed A LOT of added stuff.

-They follow the motion tracker to a hamster.
-It shows the first dude being facehugged which leads to the entire colony.
-It has a man telling Ripley about her daughter.
-Autoguns as mentioned.

I'm sure there's more.

Several parts are extended, like the talk with Newt about mosters.. but again, gotta love the autoguns hehe.

The Donnie Darko one is good if you've never seen the movie before, and/or don't understand the storyline.

As a fan I loved seeing it again in a new form, how the director had wanted it, although I allready knew the story allready hehe.

Oh and I thought of another directors cut I really liked, the blade runners directors cut :)

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 06:02:42 pm »
I havent seen any yet. But I would love to see one for Gladiator. If there was any extra scenes in that movie, I have to see them. That was one of the best movies ever made, and when it was over I was wishing there was a bit more, even though it ended perfectly.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 60 queries.