Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

-

-
-

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEAD] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster  (Read 84751 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: [DEMO] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2010, 04:33:54 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
That's actually really sweet ;3
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2010, 02:13:55 pm »
Yes, it's very good. You normally don't notice the teleport at all.

When I read your post, I assumed that when Link walks out of the room, the screen would go black and Link would be teleported while the screen is black, but the seamless solution you did is much better.

Oh, and please don't remove the backflip and the side jump. They might not be necessary for completing the game, but neither were they in the 3D Zeldas. But they do give you more options during combat, so they aren't useless.

Show content
About the Lens of Truth. I personally really like that item, but the problem is, that it only shows things that you could theoretically find out by trial and error. I just wanted to point out that problem. Maybe you could make some puzzles that only can completed when you to actually posses the LoT (just a suggestion for something you haven't even done yet).

Also, I find it a bit strange that the LoT is one of the three heroes' weapons. I mean, that thing just doesn't do any damage, so it can't really be considered a weapon.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:16:03 pm by Sahittam »
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2010, 01:05:42 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
Thanks :) Screen blackening and fading out every time you leave room would have been annoying. You can see when Link is teleporting by fairy (slightly from its movement), and if you roll, dust will disappear.

Backflip and sidejump, they don't affect gameplay much, but with right timed backflip you can jump above Octorocs rocks.
Using these jumps is a bit harder, because you don't just press down to do backflip, but you must walk another direction from the target. Sidejumps are as fast as rolling, Link normal speed is 1.5 while rolling/sidejump is 1.75, which means minute walk can be rolled about in 50 seconds.

Answer for Sahittam:
Show content
Lens of truth shows the invisible objects and shows truth behind the walls. The three weapons of heroes were their main weapons, they had of course another weapons. In their battle with the Evil, evil used sometimes multiply attacks, and with LoT they saw which attack was real. Also sometimes Evil tried hide himself.

Show content
But I thought the Lens of Truth has this ability too: If you can't see it, it isn't there and vice versa. So you see giant gap, where you can't walk from and trying makes you fall. But when you use LoT, you see the bridge where you can walk.

Basic idea how the game starts and first dungeon:
Show content
In very beginning of the game, you go to the Great Deku Tree (haha, very original...). The Great Deku Tree isn't same as in Ocarina of Time, but he is the sprout, who has grown bigger now. Deku Trees grow quickly in size, you remember how Deku Tree Sprout just sprang out in Ocarina of Time? But this takes place after
Deku Tree says King Octoroc is for some reason suddenly attacked him, although Deku Tree and King Octo used to be friends.
You go to inside, but you can't walk forward, because there is web in front of ya.

Show content
You go to outside talk with Great Deku Tree, who thinks maybe someone had turn King Octo to do this. King Octo is only king of octorocs and because there is spiders someone else helping him. To burn webs Deku Tree suggests find somekind source of fire. This means Lantern.

Show content
You try find this from Kokiri Forest, but all kokiri says same. They don't need lantern, because they have fairies which brings light in dark. But one kokiri says, not long ago one fairless kokiri went to the Lost Woods search for friend. she thinks this kokiri had Lantern with him. Also some kokiris says, only fairies know how to get out of the Lost Woods, without one you will get lost forever.

Show content
So you go to the Lost Woods, and listen call for help. Finally you find the boy, who says you can have the lantern if you lead him out of the forest. After you lead him out to the Kokiri Forest, boy disappears. You get the lantern and you can go to the Deku Tree. Lantern is Magic Lantern, but you can't use it without magic, but Deku Tree grants you magic power when you talk with him.

Show content
Now you can go to the dungeon etc. And boss battle is of course with King Octo. King Octo is giantsize version of normal Octoroc, who has crown and web in back. King Octo attacks you with rocks and rushing against you. You need avoid Kings rushing, which causes him rush to the wall. King Octo will be unconscious for while, and you can burn the web. You gotta burn web more than once.

Show content
But sometimes it isn't good go burning web, because King Octo has bad eating habit and weak butt, which makes him fart sometimes while unconscious (Deku Tree and King Octo were friends, they had lot of fun with fart humor :P ).

Show content
When web is burnt you can hit him in the butt and you need few strikes and he is done. King Octo escapes leaving Full heart behind.

Show content
The Deku Tree is saved, unlike in OoT, and Deku Tree says Link should go to Huryle seek, who is behind this. He also says little secret, that Kokiris don't actually die outside the forest, they just get older (and of course dieing of oldness eventually, if they stay there for rest of their live).

Oh hell, this was long post o__o"

Tero Hannula

Brutus

Kirby Master
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2010, 01:45:42 am »
How long do you have to serve in the army in finland, and will you continue working on this project once you get back?
if place_free(x,y,z) {wrong number of arguments to function or script}

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2010, 01:47:26 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
How long do you have to serve in the army in finland

I don't remember him saying he was in the army and putting this project on hold. Just that he was joining in 2011

Brutus

Kirby Master
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2010, 02:19:13 am »

I don't remember him saying he was in the army and putting this project on hold. Just that he was joining in 2011
Everybody over the age of 18 in finland is required to serve in the military, although I think you know this and you're just trying to argue

*** Don't remove warnings, you are on your last straw - Xiphirx ***
 Removed warning, and trying to start an argument
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:58:54 pm by Xiphirx »
if place_free(x,y,z) {wrong number of arguments to function or script}
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2010, 02:22:37 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
^ Every man over 18 have to serve in the military(if there is no really good excuse), women can also serve in the army, but they don't have to.

I am joining 10. January 2011, the shortest time is half year but if army feels right place, I'll stay there longer.

Yes, I am going to continue this project after that. I wanna this be one of those fangames, which will be finished.

Edit. Normally I would have went there at summer, but because of studies I moved start of my serving time by half year. But back in topic please.

Edit2. And of course there is the holidays,
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:36:36 am by drandula »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2010, 02:23:29 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Everybody over the age of 18 in finland is required to serve in the military, although I think you know this and you're just trying to argue
No no no I said he's not in the military as in not currently in the military. I'm aware of the required enlistment. He said it's not going to be an issue until 2011, so I wasn't sure why you were asking as if he were already in.
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2010, 05:45:39 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
By the way, can someone correct my grammar errors from background story?
Here is the background story again:

This is but one legend among others, which the people speak of...

Long ago, there were three Heroes, who saved the Land from a Great Evil.
These three Heroes were thought to be blessed by the Goddesses as they could slay Evil, that none of the Brave Knights of the Land could.
Before the Heroes came, the Evil had taken over the Land and placed a curse upon it including; Floods, Infernos, Insects and Diseases.

Three Heroes came out of nowhere and disappeared after the fierce battle.
Some people believed then Heroes went back to the Heavens where they came from.
Others believed they are still wandering among them, waiting for a new evil.
As time passed, the legend became a fairytale to tell children and soon it was completely forgotten.

But in the end, what really happened to the three heroes?

As powerful as the Heroes were, they couldn't slay the Evil so they decided use Ancient magic to seal away the Evil for good.
The keys to the seal were the Heroes themselves and very few knew this. These few quickly built three temples to keep the parts of the seal safe, so none could lay hands on them.

But...
When people forgot the Heroes and legend, temples were left empty. Nobody took care of the pieces of the seal, which caused the seal to weaken. This created a hole and Evil minions began to escape. As the seal weakened more it allowed the more powerful the Evil minions to get out of the as well.

Now it is just a matter of time until the Great Evil will break out!

-   -   -   -   -
[Grammar above edited and corrected by Bludleef as requested by member]

In spoilers I tell the plot of the game, glitches, or just other mentions. So if you don't want ruin your game experience, don't read them.

Show content
After insects in Deku Tree, there is flood in Goron Mines, fire in Deku Palace and plagues in Huryle Town.
Yup, same things what happened in the legend, but not in such massive scale.
Link gotta help all of them, then starts the journey for three seal keys. After that is the final dungeon, which is Evil's old fortress before being sealed and final battle with the Evil.
Oh hell, this is expanding again awfully lot.

Show content
And you probably guessed, who that fairless Kokiri lost in Lost Woods was.
His remaining can be found from Lost Woods.

Edit. Thanks Bludleef :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:00:00 am by Drandula »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2010, 07:26:07 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Sounding good so far :D
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2010, 11:09:56 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Sorry that I haven't updated lately in week, I haven't made anything. That's because I have graduation party in next week, so I have been little busy preparing for it.

I am sketching pictures for story, and in attachment is first picture. Its made with MSPaint :P
Three heroes do not look a like, but in story I want they be unknown. Also Evil doesn't look like that in the game (I am still thinking its outlook).

Because I didn't know how lights work, and I thought using them in dungeons, I started testing it with my Animation Engine. Result was Blockker (Check attachment)
With Blockker I also tested another thing; obj_player draws itself and all the blocks in room. So only one drawing event used for every block
is this faster? I mean, does this use less power of computer.

Tero Hannula
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:56:33 am by Drandula »
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2010, 12:07:57 pm »
heh. like the scetch- looks like that WW intro i would like more if you could skip it (it's quite long Lol):D
I'll add one of these later.

Scrappersa

Lamar Odom
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2010, 11:07:04 am »
This looks like an extremely original concept for a Zelda fan game. I am super impressed and cannot wait to play the demo. I've been replaying Ocarina of Time over the past two weeks and one of the things that I realized that makes it such an incredible game is that every weapon that you get really matters. And each time I get a new weapon, I feel excitement that I get to use this new thing that is necessary to the rest of the game. I hope that you can somehow implement that into the game. I feel like this is what the newer Zelda games have missed out on. Not only traditional Zelda weapons, but some new ones that haven't been in any Zelda games before. It looks visually stunning and the engine that you've created in Game Maker seems very nice. Your work is very beautiful.
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2010, 09:20:07 am »
That sketch is ruddy awesome! More like that! :D

I made a second edit to the text to get a more Nintendo-esque feeling and some more grammatical flow, use it if you like.

"This is but one of the legends of which the people speak...

A long, long time ago, a Land was saved from a Great Evil by three Heroes.
These three Heroes were thought to have beeen blessed by the Goddesses, as they could slay the Evil that none of the Brave Knights of the Land had succeeded in vanquishing.
Before the Heroes came, the Evil had taken over the Land and placed a curse upon it, plaguing it with floods, fires, insects and diseases.

The three Heroes seemed to come out of nowhere, and disappeared after the fierce battle.
Some people believed then that the Heroes went back to the Heavens from which they might have come.
Others believed that they are still wandering among them, waiting for a new evil to rise.
As time passed, the legend of the people became a fairytale to the children, and as more time passed, it slowly sunk into oblivion.

But what really happened to the three heroes?

As powerful as the Heroes were, they couldn't slay the Evil, so they decided to use an Ancient Magic to seal away the Evil for good.
The keys to the seal were the Heroes themselves, and very few people got to know about this. On these few were placed the task to protect the seal, and they built three temples to keep the parts of the seal safe, so that none could lay hands on them.

However...
When people forgot the Heroes and the legend, the temples were left empty. Nobody guarded and cared for the keys to the seal, which caused the seal to begin to weaken. Slowly the darkness started to creep back into the Land from the world behind the seal, and with each passing year the horrors which escaped into the Land became greater.

Now, it is just a matter of time until the Great Evil itself will break out..."
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2010, 02:41:50 pm »
amazing ......
« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2011, 09:24:46 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
I am sorry, I couldn't finish demo as I wanted. So ended up doing demo without any part of story, it is like previous demos.
I didn't include anything new, what you didn't see in latest video.

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/159441-the-legend-of-zelda-3d-flying-rooster-demo
http://www.mediafire.com/?fxwqazqcns98miy

I am going now because of conscription, project will start again in half year.

Tero Hannula
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:26:45 am by Drandula »
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2011, 11:53:37 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Wow, loved every second of it! Great job. ^^
And good luck with the conscription.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2011, 08:17:01 pm »
Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2011, 08:59:45 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
You do some good work.  Great job!  Good luck with life.
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2011, 06:04:59 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Reviving this old dusty topic

I am back, less than 20 days left and my time serving for the military is over. Unless my application for AUK goes through, as I said in Mug Shot topic.

So what I have been up lately? Well, for project not much. Most of time relearning my old code and rewriting some parts. Last night I made basic sword attack and some random stuff. There are lot of plans on paper just waiting for be done :I Everyone knows unit circle from maths, right? Well I studied it little more and made unit ball. With that thing I can make joints like knees or Deku Baba's body.

What you would say, if I form a team? It's just this is !@#$% big project for one man: Two years have passed and I haven't finished freaking basic engine D:< Well, there is few pro's when making this alone. I just don't know how to work in team, because I haven't been in any team before when making games. But is anyone interested? :)

Tero Hannula
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.767 seconds with 81 queries.

anything