Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elite Beat Agents - best DS game EVAR!!11!one  (Read 798 times)

Elite Beat Agents - best DS game EVAR!!11!one
« on: January 30, 2007, 05:40:30 am »
  • w00t
Everybody go out and buy this game.  Now.  Even if you don't have a DS.  It's worth it, trust me.

EBA is a rhythm game that I like to describe as being "DDR on crack" but using the touchscreen.  It's incredibly hard to describe, so just search for it on Youtube or something.  It's a crazy fun game, and I'm slowly working my way up.  Each song has an associated story, which ends up being pretty funny most of the time.  For instance, for The Anthem, you've got a retired baseball player who somehow finds himself saving a kid from a giant fire golem.  And this somehow brings him back into the MLB.  Of course.  It's still insanely fun though, and I would recommend it to all.

Right now, all I've done is finished the game in Cruisin' mode, so I just unlocked Sweatin', but I'm going to go back and try to get higher scores before tackling the extra difficulty.  Right now, I've got 2 S-ranks in You're The Inspiration and Believe (the two slowest songs, go figure) and am working on getting S-ranks for the Anthem, YMCA, and Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Has anybody else played this game?  Any thoughts?  Brags?  Questions about why the heck dancing is the answer to all of life's problems?  Observations on how wrong it looks when Kahn does cheerleader moves?
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
Re: Elite Beat Agents - best DS game EVAR!!11!on...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 05:45:37 am »
Haha, I couldn't agree more. This is a really fun/funny game. I would have liked to pick up the Japanese one though... "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!" Still, a great game. I could see the replayability getting low after a while, but then again, you could say the same for any similar game like DDR. I would still reccomend it though.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 04:07:06 am »
  • w00t
Quick update:  out of fear of my DS's safety, I have installed a screen protector on the touchscreen.  Now I can at least feel somewhat better about those stupid spinners. 

And I think I'm getting somewhat obsessed.  Today I realized I left it at home, so I drew circles with numbers in them in Pictochat and tried playing that way.  I also saw this zipper on this girl's pencil case that was the perfect shape for a marker, and since it was a zipper, I imagined it being one of those rolly-ball sections.  Of course, I'll only be truly obsessed once I start believing that dancing solves all the world's problems
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 04:35:24 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
Great game, but I don't like some of the songs Nintendo chose to put in the game, like Sk8er Girl. :-X I can stand all of the songs, but I only like a few of them. I've beaten the game on the first two difficulties so far, but I'm stuck on the last level on the third difficulty. I sugest you save a replay for each level because the situations used in Ghost mode are completley diffrent and new. I have trouble beating myself though, which is kind of embarrasing considering it's myself I'm versing.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 08:38:17 pm »
I've seen some trailers and stuff, it really looks sweet. I only think I shouldn't buy it as it may end up like the fun you have with WarioWare... its fun lasts for weeks, but then you're never gonna touch it again. D:
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 02:52:38 am »
  • w00t
w00t, just finished the entire game!  I know people have had issues with Jumpin' Jack Flash on Hard ROCK mode, but since I spent so much time getting an S-rank on it in Sweatin' mode, I was able to get through it in one try.  I nearly died and all, but I at least made it.  Now to try to get a higher overall rank, but this time with Kahn at my disposal!  MUAH HA HA! 
>_>

Yeah, I didn't try to perfect any of the courses in Breezin' or Hard ROCK modes.  I just wanted to get through them all to unlock Kahn.  None of them have S-ranks or anything, so I need to go back and perfect each one. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 02:58:43 am by dantheman »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 49 queries.

anything