Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Skyward sword: Is it worth it?  (Read 7494 times)

Re: Skyward sword: Is it worth it?
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 05:20:19 am »
  • 笑い男
And apparently EDGE is tough with reviews, where 5/10 equals an average game, not 7/10 like most other places. The only other zelda to have gotten a 10/10 is OoT and the only other wii games to have gotten a 10/10 are the mario galaxies, out of the 13 or so 10/10's they've given out over the years.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 05:50:13 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Meanwhile at the Symphony Concert, there was a standing ovation. Which led to Koji Kondo coming onstage for an encore.

Now I REALLY can't wait for that CD. :3

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 08:21:51 am »
  • 笑い男
Meanwhile at the Symphony Concert, there was a standing ovation. Which led to Koji Kondo coming onstage for an encore.

Now I REALLY can't wait for that CD. :3

Any videos of that?

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 08:26:32 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Just this.

Not much, but hey.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 11:34:03 am »
  • 笑い男
Thanks ^^

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 04:23:55 am »
  • Forstride Productions
Seeing as the game was leaked and whatnot, I decided to give it a try...Now, I was very skeptical about the game at first, cause the trailers showed it as almost "anime-like" in terms of characters and dialogue.

Show content
I'm just about to leave Skyloft to head to the surface, and it's great so far.  The dialogue isn't as bad as I thought, and I've actually enjoyed the characters and whatnot.  There's some humorous moments, a la Wind Waker (The game seems to take a lot of elements from Wind Waker, which is great), and of course, emotional/serious moments)

I'd say it's worth the money so far, but I'm not even that far into the game, so I can't say for sure.
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 10:10:18 pm »
  • 笑い男
I'm about 25 hours in (apparently) and I can say it's going to be very hard going back to older zeldas after this. Looking at them, it's as if they were made in the stone age or something. Pressing one button repeatedly to get link to automatically swing his sword around to try to land hits? My god that's basic compared to this. (Obviously twilight princess was the same, just the button press was changed to remote waggle.) This is entirely different, and not just different, but good and it works, very well. Every single thing that involves the sword is tailor made to suit it, especially the enemies, which are far from easy either. To be honest I wasn't looking forward to the combat all that much, (the combat's never that greatly amazing in zeldas I guess? And it's something different so you never know how it may be before trying it), but this really has evolved the entire gameplay. That sprint mechanic is a god send too. Works very well with the stamina bar. Going to be very hard parting with that when playing previous zeldas too.

Apart from those largely noticeable changes, the parts that make up the zelda formula have so far been done extremely well too. Every nook and cranny exists for a reason, every character has a purpose. There is no filler. 100% of it's been very carefully made to make a zelda very dense with content.

the characters have so much character too, and it does look very beautiful.
The little added RPG like extras and how the game uses sound too are both very awesome.

This is no sequel or average AAA game. This is one polished masterpiece completely evolving the series, all in very good ways so far.
The stuff nintendo have been saying about "not being able to go back to using a button for combat" or "very dense zelda" (or whatever, been reading about the game in Japanese so sorry if my wording's not completely correct there) were spot on. (I wish they didn't introduce/spoil as much as they have done though, although the stuff I have done so far that I've seen in trailers, official site updates and Iwata asks and so on has generally always had more to it making me go ?!?!? when I realise it's not just as simple as what they've made me think from glimpses of it haha.)

I need to buy this (And would have already if the special pack thing wasn't sold out instantaneously everywhere here D: )
Also, the special music CD that comes with it too has to have THE BEST arrangement of zelda music to have ever existed. My god. Anyone that's played zelda needs to listen to that thing.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:27:44 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 12:14:31 pm »
First immature thing I did on Skyward Sword...found a toilet and sat on it...
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 02:21:20 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I haven't gotten much chance to play it, but so far I have to say:  Yes.  Totally worth it.  Love the controls, love the new mechanics.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 08:37:22 am »
I'm very far into the game. But I've given up on the mini games. I'm an amateur with the wii remote and with that and the hard mini-games, it's just tooo hard.

Did get the Hylian Shield though. It's a brilliant game. Just so bloody hard
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 10:58:39 am »
I just looked at the price difference between the standard and limited editions, $20. I don't have motion plus so I think the limited edition is a no brainer considering motion plus by itself is $30.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 11:11:12 am »
Hmm...might have to play this one after all. Hearing a lot of good stories. From what I've seen in trailers I'm not very excited...
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 12:55:57 pm »
  • 笑い男
If you like zelda and like good games in general, you should definitely give it a try. I highly doubt you'll find yourself regretting such a decision.
A lot of people like to complain, such that zelda's always the same, nintendo just keeps pumping out the same crap. But then go on to say how great games like UC3 and MW3 are. I can tell you this zelda has a lot more different to it than those sort of simple sequels without all that much change at all. Of course it's still zelda though, just rather evolved.

If you do LOVE games like skyrim, that give you the freedom to do almost anything, and huge areas so that you never see the same place more than once, then you may not love this game as much though. Because games like skyrim and western RPGs in general lately seem to go for quantity over quality. Loads of customisation, never ending areas, so many side quests and ways to twist the story about etc, but this zelda especially has had all its time put into filling the existing areas full of detail and dense content, more than spending that time just expanding outwards widely and shallowly. It's more dense and deep, design wise. Of course that means you get about 40 hours (it's far from a small/short game) full of tailor made content, no filler. (Of course some may think "backtracking" = filler, but those with not so shallow minds will notice how they've just given the available areas loads more content that expand upon themselves, rather that having you rush through tons of technically new thing that haven't been given so much love.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:00:37 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 11:46:36 pm »
Just finished Skyward Sword. Brilliant all the way through!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 07:00:26 pm »
I'm upto the fourth dungeon so far, and this game is freaking AWESOME. It's easily becoming my favorite of the 3D Zeldas now due to how much there is to do, how well this story is playing out, and the creativeness of the items, though one of them is verrrry similar to an item from Minish Cap. :P
  • RPG Empire

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2011, 07:46:32 pm »
I'm upto the fourth dungeon so far, and this game is freaking AWESOME. It's easily becoming my favorite of the 3D Zeldas now due to how much there is to do, how well this story is playing out, and the creativeness of the items, though one of them is verrrry similar to an item from Minish Cap. :P
I know! I didn't think that a zelda game with few dungeons could be so great! (I live for dungeons lol)
  • Phoenix Heart

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 04:19:36 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
I tip my hat to Nintendo on this one, they've surpassed my expectations.

The graphics are top notch (for the Wii), the controls *shivers**joygasm* :D, the story? DAYUM!! It's well done. The the game is a hard one to put down once you get started. And I can't believe people criticized it for that fetch quest before the Elden dragon, I thought it was well done and sufficiently challenging without it being controller chuckingly difficult or boringly repetitive.

It's definitely one of the greats, I personally put it up with my own personal favorite, ALTTP :D

also +100 for Awesome Final BossTM
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 06:24:46 am »
Not even up to the first dungeon yet, but it's alright. Not entirely keen on the wiimote controls but at least they're implemented better than TP. Sword slashing feels a bit wonky at times, often it doesn't slash where I moved. I suppose I need to play it a bit more to build my opinion.
But the music! That theme with the pipe on the first night, amazing. I can play it on my D dizi :D
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 07:36:01 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
For some reason Nintendo decided that you didn't need to move your sword when you have the shield "activated" simply swing the sword and that will fix it, other than that the controls are pretty damn good.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2011, 09:13:30 am »
For some reason Nintendo decided that you didn't need to move your sword when you have the shield "activated" simply swing the sword and that will fix it, other than that the controls are pretty damn good.

Yeh I noticed that. Or maybe Nintendo couldn't figure a way to implement sword attacks when the shield is active. Either, this game is a great example of Nintendo art
  • Phoenix Heart
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 78 queries.